Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Creating a Schedular to Run the Jobs. Post 302229960 by laknar on Thursday 28th of August 2008 08:48:25 AM
Old 08-28-2008
Can any one help me with some sample scripts,Pls?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

creating and modifying jobs in autosys

now, I tried looking at the User manuals I can find on the internet concerning autosys but these manuals seem to be quite confusing to me. My question is, does anyone have a straight forward explanation on how to modify and/or create jobs in autosys??? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
3 Replies

2. Linux

cron jobs not run

hi, I am newbie, I had set cron jobs to update something on one time very day, I had tested the script, it run fine, but the cron jobs seem never run. some help? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertsnoog
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

background jobs exit status and limit the number of jobs to run

i need to execute 5 jobs at a time in background and need to get the exit status of all the jobs i wrote small script below , i'm not sure this is right way to do it.any ideas please help. $cat run_job.ksh #!/usr/bin/ksh #################################### typeset -u SCHEMA_NAME=$1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GrepMe
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

limit the number of jobs to run.

i just want to get the BackGround status and limit the number of jobs to run the at a time. can i able get the back ground exit status ? that i code below. can jobs -l limit the number of jobs to run ? total is this script looks fine ? cat run_job.ksh #!/usr/bin/ksh... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: GrepMe
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please help me with the run-away cron jobs

I started a cron job on a cluster super computer. I am just a usual user over there and has no root power. The cron job was set by using "crontab -e". It excecutes a perl command every 20 minutes. I could use crontab -l or crontab -r to list or remove the cron job. However, I just found that I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dedema
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem: Run schedular to copy from one table to other

Check if records of table B are 1 month old. if yes then Truncate table B_SNAPSHOT and then copy data from B to SNAPSHOT_B table otherwise no need to copy. Run a schedular after every 15 minutes. The tables B and SNAPSHOT_B has the below structure(same for both): PROCESS_NAME MQ_NAME... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nehagupta2008
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

jobs run parallel - server consumption?

I have a requirement where jobs/scripts need to be run in the background.The concern here is there are around 20 scripts which need to be run in the bg.Does running all the 20 scripts/job at the same time in bg consumes much sever-utilization. If so wot would be the efficient way to run the jobs... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: michaelrozar17
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Run Jobs in Order

Hi All, This might be a silly question and sorry but I didn't know where to start with this. I have a process I need to run 31 times and they must be one after another e.g. Only run after the other has run. It will call a script that I have that runs 3 other processes in order (and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xathras1982
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to run multiple jobs and it's dependent jobs

I have multiple jobs and each job dependent on other job. Each Job generates a log and If job completed successfully log file end's with JOB ENDED SUCCESSFULLY message and if it failed then it will end with JOB ENDED with FAILURE. I need an help how to start. Attaching the JOB dependency... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: santoshkumarkal
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to run multiple cron jobs?

I have two scripts which I'm tying to run one after the other- this is what I've tried: 00 14 * * * /path/one.sh && /path/two.sh I've also tried putting each script on a different line: 00 14 * * * /path/one.sh 00 14 * * * /path/two.sh Can this be done? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: $shell_Learner
1 Replies
GPT-POSTINSTALL(8)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					GPT-POSTINSTALL(8)

NAME
gpt-postinstall - Searches for post install scripts and executes them SYNOPSIS
gpt-postinstall [-help -force -version -man -location ] DESCRIPTION
gpt-postinstall Searches an installation for post-install scripts that have not been run yet and executes them. These scripts are installed by Setup packages and are designed to localize an installation. The -force flag can be used to re-run all of the setup scripts. OPTIONS
-force forces all action to be taken, regardless of state. -help Print a brief help message and exits. -man Prints the manual page and exits. -version Prints the version of GPT and exits. -location Location indicates the path to the Globus installation that will be used. SEE ALSO
gpt-install(1) gpt-uninstall(1) gpt-verify(1) AUTHOR
Michael Bletzinger <mbletzin.ncsa.uiuc.edu> and Eric Blau <eblau.ncsa.uiuc.edu> perl v5.14.2 2012-04-30 GPT-POSTINSTALL(8)