Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Error is “sticky” on board4 J3400. Post 302229944 by blowtorch on Thursday 28th of August 2008 07:57:34 AM
Old 08-28-2008
I would suggest scheduling downtime and changing the memory stick that is coming up in the error message. This could worsen and the server could crash at a bad time (in the middle of the day, for instance).

If you can fix it over a weekend or something where it won't impact anything, do it.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sticky bit

I have a questions, whose answer may be very obvious: Of what use is the sticky-bit permission on a Unix system? I have looked at the chmod(1) man page on our HP-UX playground system, and haven't been given much explanation: Add or delete the save-text-image-on-file- execution (sticky... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LivinFree
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sticky bit??

I have a script that I want to be able to let user 'wcs1234' execute it, but when it runs, it will do so under the higher authority of 'cdunix'. It is my understanding that I accomplish this with a sticky bit. I have tried every variation of this but am unable to get this to work. my script is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedrict
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sticky bit

What command string would you use to set the sticky bit on a directory that you own? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mma_buc_98
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sticky Bit

I have the sticky bit set on my /tmp directory, but users are still able to remove files that are not owned by them. Does the /etc/group file get invloved in securing these files ?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rob11g
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sticky bit

Hi frns, What is command to list out all dir's for which sticky bit has been set. Regards, Manu (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manu.vmr
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sticky Bit

Hi, could anyone please send me a link to learn/ know more about sticky bits? I am still not clear on the application of using a sticky bits. Thanks for your help. Regards, UP (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: teenu18
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sticky Bit????

HI What is sticky bit? how can be see if the sticky bit for file is set? WHat is meaning of sticky bit set on Directory? What is the syntax to set the sticky bit? With example Thanks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
10 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sticky bit

Hi, I understand the purpose of sticky bit on directories. But I am not very clear about what the sticky bit do on a file. Can any one explain me in detail and with example please. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: praveen_b744
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sticky Folders

Hello everyone I've got a shell script that kicks off a number of django web sites. It allocates socket files in a sockets folder that the nginx uses to pass requests upstream. Problem is on my new ubuntu box, the script seems to run but the socket files that are created don't have the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mjdavies
1 Replies
utmpx(4)							   File Formats 							  utmpx(4)

NAME
utmpx, wtmpx - utmpx and wtmpx database entry formats SYNOPSIS
#include <utmpx.h> /var/adm/utmpx /var/adm/wtmpx DESCRIPTION
The utmpx and wtmpx files are extended database files that have superseded the obsolete utmp and wtmp database files. The utmpx database contains user access and accounting information for commands such as who(1), write(1), and login(1). The wtmpx database contains the history of user access and accounting information for the utmpx database. USAGE
Applications should not access these databases directly, but should use the functions described on the getutxent(3C) manual page to inter- act with the utmpx and wtmpx databases to ensure that they are maintained consistently. FILES
/var/adm/utmpx user access and adminstration information /var/adm/wtmpx history of user access and adminstrative information SEE ALSO
getutxent(3C), wait(3C), wait.h(3HEAD) SunOS 5.11 6 Mar 2008 utmpx(4)