Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash Shell to sh Shell In a Script Post 302229840 by Franklin52 on Thursday 28th of August 2008 04:47:02 AM
Old 08-28-2008
Post your script within code tags (select the code and click on the '#' above the edit window), and we'll see how we can assist.

Regards

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash shell script

im trying to teach my self bash shell scripting. i want to include command line arguments in my script i am writing for practice. when i run my script it dosnt make a difference what arguments there are, it just out puts the error message as if there were none. here is the check_opts () function in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH Shell Script Help -HELP!

Im a newbie to shell scripting - in fact you could even call me a Linux newbie, well, mabye not i started with CYGWIN a year ago... but i only just recently wiped the Windoze partition off my drive. -Anyways, heres the script i have a problem with: #!/bin/bash # #PeMPcoder function... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: flamethrower0
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bash shell script

Hi Guys, I am trying to alter a script for my company. I need the start of it to go something like this. User is asked to input 8 numbers 8 numbers are written to a txt file ***** ***** ***** txt file is read ***** ***** The text file gets read in between other files represented by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: outthere_3
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash shell script

i want to monitor which users logged in to unix system if users who logged in more than once then store to a text file . any idea? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CheeSen
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Bash Shell Script

I am fairly new to Unix scripting. A need has come where I need to to read the first column of a tab delimited file. The first column will be an id number and so I would need to read the first column one by one and create another file with only unique id numbers. So for example, if I have the... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: khanvader
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash shell script- help

I need to invoke a program on remote server using ssh in a shell script. In addition i would like to capture date/time and if there is any errors , then script should write to log file. can someone please help me out? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam101
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Shell Script

HELP!My program ends after entering one choice---need help making it take multiple inputs,instead of terminating after displaying just one #!/bin/bash# Crude address databaseclear # Clear the screen.echo " Contact List"echo " ------- ----"echo "Choose one of the following... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: help123
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Different behavior between bash shell and bash script for cmd

So I'm trying to pass certain json elements as env vars and use them later on in a script. Sample json: JSON='{ "Element1": "file-123456", "Element2": "Name, of, company written in, a very weird way", "Element3": "path/to/some/file.txt", }' (part of the) script: for s... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: da1
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

In Bash shell - the ps -ef shows only the /bin/bash but the script name is not displayed

In Bash shell - the ps -ef shows only the /bin/bash but the script name is not displayed ? Is there any way to get the script names for the process command ? --- Post updated at 08:39 AM --- in KSH (Korn Shell), my command output shows the script names but when run in the Bash Shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: i4ismail
3 Replies
bindtags(n)						       Tk Built-In Commands						       bindtags(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
bindtags - Determine which bindings apply to a window, and order of evaluation SYNOPSIS
bindtags window ?tagList? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
When a binding is created with the bind command, it is associated either with a particular window such as .a.b.c, a class name such as But- ton, the keyword all, or any other string. All of these forms are called binding tags. Each window contains a list of binding tags that determine how events are processed for the window. When an event occurs in a window, it is applied to each of the window's tags in order: for each tag, the most specific binding that matches the given tag and event is executed. See the bind command for more information on the matching process. By default, each window has four binding tags consisting of the name of the window, the window's class name, the name of the window's near- est toplevel ancestor, and all, in that order. Toplevel windows have only three tags by default, since the toplevel name is the same as that of the window. The bindtags command allows the binding tags for a window to be read and modified. If bindtags is invoked with only one argument, then the current set of binding tags for window is returned as a list. If the tagList argu- ment is specified to bindtags, then it must be a proper list; the tags for window are changed to the elements of the list. The elements of tagList may be arbitrary strings; however, any tag starting with a dot is treated as the name of a window; if no window by that name exists at the time an event is processed, then the tag is ignored for that event. The order of the elements in tagList determines the order in which binding scripts are executed in response to events. For example, the command bindtags .b {all . Button .b} reverses the order in which binding scripts will be evaluated for a button named .b so that all bindings are invoked first, following by bindings for .b's toplevel ("."), followed by class bindings, followed by bindings for .b. If tagList is an empty list then the binding tags for window are returned to the default state described above. The bindtags command may be used to introduce arbitrary additional binding tags for a window, or to remove standard tags. For example, the command bindtags .b {.b TrickyButton . all} replaces the Button tag for .b with TrickyButton. This means that the default widget bindings for buttons, which are associated with the Button tag, will no longer apply to .b, but any bindings associated with TrickyButton (perhaps some new button behavior) will apply. EXAMPLE
If you have a set of nested frame widgets and you want events sent to a button widget to also be delivered to all the widgets up to the current toplevel (in contrast to Tk's default behavior, where events are not delivered to those intermediate windows) to make it easier to have accelerators that are only active for part of a window, you could use a helper procedure like this to help set things up: proc setupBindtagsForTreeDelivery {widget} { set tags [list $widget [winfo class $widget]] set w $widget set t [winfo toplevel $w] while {$w ne $t} { set w [winfo parent $w] lappend tags $w } lappend tags all bindtags $widget $tags } SEE ALSO
bind(n) KEYWORDS
binding, event, tag Tk 4.0 bindtags(n)