Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FTP push
Operating Systems Linux FTP push Post 302229709 by Perderabo on Wednesday 27th of August 2008 05:25:00 PM
Old 08-27-2008
put is the reverse of get. Just do:
put filename

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Permissions to receive ftp push from Unix box

Hi all, I am new to this forum, hoping to find the solution to a problem I've been having for days. I have a VPS on Linux box. I have setup an ftp account with the Plesk control panel. I am trying to receive an ftp data push from a Unix box but they tell me they keep getting permission... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: carriehoff
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shift and push question in perl

hi, another perl question, I don't understand the below while (<FILE>) { push @last5, $_; #add to the end shift @last5 if @last5 > 5 ; #take from the beginning } can someone please explain to me how does shift @last5 if @last5 > 5 is taking last 5 lines from... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hankooknara
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

push and pop directories and subdirectories

I need to use pushd and popd to navigate all of the subdirectories in my current directory. I know how to get into each subdirectory, add it to the stack, and pop back out, but i cant figure out how to get into subdirectories deeper than the first without adding a foreach and if statement for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ollie88r
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rsync push or pull?

We have a cluster of 3 web servers. I'll be updating a single master server and copying info to the other 2 slave servers. What's the best way of synching all of them? Run rsync on each of the slave servers to pull the updates from the master? Or run rsync on the master to push the updates to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gaspol
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setup a push script from NIS

Hi guys, can we get a pushed script for every NIS client like a policy.? I need to set a symbolic links for for every client. Thanks ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pianz
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Push Files

Hey Guys, Thanks for always being helpful, I have another issue that I need a little insight on how to fix. See the below script I have and the error I get. I don't understand why it does that, am I not using the continue correctly? #!/bin/bash -x # @(#) File: filepush.sh #... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkelly1117
5 Replies
ftp(4)								   File Formats 							    ftp(4)

NAME
ftp - FTP client configuration file SYNOPSIS
/etc/default/ftp DESCRIPTION
Use the ftp file to configure the behavior of the FTP client. Lines that begin with a hash symbol ("# ") are treated as comment lines and are ignored. Behavior Directives The ftp file supports the following behavior directives: FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST=yes | no The ls command of the ftp client sends an NLST to the FTP Server by default. Several non-Solaris clients send LIST instead. In order to make the Solaris ftp client send LIST when the ls command is issued, set FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST to no. The value of FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST is yes by default. If the user sets a value for FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST in the user's environment, this value will override any FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST directive that is specified in /etc/default/ftp. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWbipr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftp(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 22 Oct 2002 ftp(4)