Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to combine different Excel sheets into a single work book using UNIX Post 302229701 by arunsoman80 on Wednesday 27th of August 2008 04:07:50 PM
Old 08-27-2008
The easiest way would be to save the input files as XML Spreadsheet format instead of XLS. Then create a new XML File as follows:
1. Remove the tags <Workbook> </Workbook> from all the input files.
2. After step - 1, Extract all the remaining contents of the input files and paste it between the tags <Workbook> </Workbook> in the new XML file.
The final XML file when opened in excel will show multiple worksheets as expected.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

creating more than 2 excel sheets in C

Hi, I have a question about using C to write excel file. There is a way to write into a sheet into a file excel, like this: FILE * File; pMyFile = fopen("test.xls", "w+"); fprintf(File, "\n\n"); /* go to the row 2 of the column A*/ fprintf(File, "%s", "Hi pippo!"); /* write... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manceryder
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple excel work sheets through UNIX

Hi, There is this requirement to create multiple work sheets in an MS Excel file through UNIX. We normally can create one work sheet in unix by either tab or comma delimiting and appending .xls or .csv to the file name, but can we create multiple work sheets. Regards, Puspendu (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: puspendu
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to format excel sheets in UNIX??

Hi, I have generated an excel sheet using a shell script. i have converted the output text file to an excel and got the desired output. However, in a particular column in the excel the values of the numbers start with 0. e.g. 078393343, 00342442, etc. But, in the resulting excel I get as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vijay06
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add multiple .csv files as sheets to an excel file in unix.

Hi, I am using Solaris 8. My script outputs 4 .csv files. Currently I am SFTPing the files and creating a new excel file with the 4 files as sheets. Can anyone suggest ways to do this in UNIX ? Thanks, David. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: libin4u2000
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending SQL Queries output to different Excel sheets

Hi, I need your help in sedning sql queries output to different excel sheets. My requirement is like this: Query1: Select name from table1 where status = 'Complete' Query2: Select name from table1 where status = 'Failed' Query3: Select name from table1 where status = 'Ignored' ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: parvathi_rd
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Code to get 5 unix files in 5 different tabs in a single excel

Hi All I need to put 5 different files from Unix box in 5 different tabs in a single excel. For this, I need to code only using Unix. Kindly help me on this. ---------- Post updated at 07:23 AM ---------- Previous update was at 06:24 AM ---------- Hi All I need to put 5 different... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: misssrinivasan
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

create separate files from one excel file with multiple sheets

Hi, I have one requirement, create separate files (".csv") from one excel file(xlsx) with multiple sheets. These ".csv" files are my source files. So anybody please suggest me the process. Thanks in Advance. Regards, Harris (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: harris
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to Merge contents of 2 different excel files in a single excel file

All, I have an excel sheet Excel1.xls that has some entries. I have one more excel sheet Excel2.xls that has entries only in those cells which are blank in Excel1.xls These may be in different workbooks. They are totally independent made by 2 different users. I have placed them in a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anamika08
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write two csv files into one excel with multiple sheets

I have requirement to write two CSV files to one single excel with multiple sheets. Data present in the two files should sit in excel as different sheets. How can we achieve this using shell script? 1.csv 2. csv 1,2,3,4 5,6,7,8 XXXXX YYYYY Res.excel 1.csv data... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: duplicate
1 Replies

10. Programming

Perl script to merge cells in column1 which has same strings, for all sheets in a excel workbook

Perl script to merge cells ---------- Post updated at 12:59 AM ---------- Previous update was at 12:54 AM ---------- I am using below code to read files from a dir and print to excel. open(my $in, '<', $file) or die "Could not open file: $!"; my $rowCount = 0; my $colCount = 0;... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jack_Bruce
11 Replies
Excel::Template::Plus(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				Excel::Template::Plus(3pm)

NAME
Excel::Template::Plus - An extension to the Excel::Template module SYNOPSIS
use Excel::Template::Plus; my $template = Excel::Template::Plus->new( engine => 'TT', template => 'greeting.tmpl', config => { INCLUDE => [ '/templates' ] }, params => { greeting => 'Hello' } ); $template->param(location => 'World'); $template->write_file('greeting.xls'); DISCLAIMER
This is the very first release of this module, it is an idea that I and Rob Kinyon (the author of Excel::Template) had discussed many times, but never got around to doing. This is the first attempt at bring this to reality, it may change radically as it evolves, so be warned. DESCRIPTION
This module is an extension of the Excel::Template module, which allows the user to use various "engines" from which you can create Excel files through Excel::Template. The idea is to use the existing (and very solid) excel file generation code in Excel::Template, but to extend its more templatey bits with more powerful options. The only engine currently provided is the Template Toolkit engine, which replaces Excel::Template's built in template features (the LOOP, and IF constructs) with the full power of TT. This is similar to the module Excel::Template::TT, but expands on that even further to try and create a more extensive system. You can use this module to create Excel::Template-compatible XML files using one of the supported engines. For example, with the TT engine you could create a Excel::Template XML file like: <workbook> <worksheet name="[% worksheet_name %]"> [% my_cols = get_list_of_columns %] <row> [% FOR col = my_cols %] <bold><cell>[% col %]</cell></bold> [% END %] </row> [% FOR my_row = get_list_of_objects %] <row> [% FOR col = my_cols %] <cell>[% my_row.$col %]</cell> [% END %] </row> [% END %] </worksheet> </workbook> Your TT template thus creates a XML file suitable to handing over to Excel::Template for processing. Excel::Template::Plus simplifies the template-creation and handing-over process. Future engine/plans include: Pure Perl This would allow you to write you Excel::Template files using Perl itself which would then output the XML for Excel::Template to consume. This would be modeled after the recently released Template::Declare module perhaps. TT Plugins/Macros/Wrappers This is basically anything which will make the TT engine easier to write templates for. I have experimented with some of these things, but I was not happy with any of them enough to release them yet. HTML::Template Excel::Template's templating features are based on HTML::Template, but the HTML::Template plugins and other goodies are not compatible. This engine would bring those things to Excel::Template. METHODS
new (%options) This method basically serves as a factory for creating new engine instances (for which Excel::Template::Plus::TT is the only one currently). The only parameter that it requires is engine, all other parameters are passed onto the engine's constructor (see the individual docs for more details on what is required). meta Access to the metaclass. BUGS
All complex software has bugs lurking in it, and this module is no exception. If you find a bug please either email me, or add the bug to cpan-RT. ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
This module came out of several discussions I had with Rob Kinyon. AUTHOR
Stevan Little <stevan@iinteractive.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2007-2010 by Infinity Interactive, Inc. <http://www.iinteractive.com> This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-06 Excel::Template::Plus(3pm)