Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Query in linking
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Query in linking Post 302229694 by era on Wednesday 27th of August 2008 03:46:39 PM
Old 08-27-2008
And of course nslookup doesn't read the host names from standard input. Try xargs (or look here).

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Linking Directories...

Hi there, I am very new to UNIX. Currently, I am running Mac OS X. I set up a FTP server on my computer so that I can transfer files back and forth between my computer at home and at work. All my data and files are located in a directory in another drive, but when I log in, I would be in my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: floppiless
3 Replies

2. Programming

Linking problem while linking to shared library

Hi I'm getting ld: fatal: option -h and building a dynamic executable are incompatible ld: fatal: Flags processing errors When I run ld -shared -L/usr/dt/lib -lDtSvc -o builtin.so Workspace.o after running gcc -fPIC -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/dt/include -c Workspace.c I'm... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: laho
6 Replies

3. Programming

Linking with gcc

Forgive as I am new to the gcc compiler and to linux. I am trying to compile/link a program for the first time and am receiving an error complaining about the crtbegin.o file. I use the -v option and get the following: Using built-in specs. Configured with: ../configure --enable-threads=posix... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jbeauchamp
1 Replies

4. AIX

Linking query in AIX

Hi, Can we link to 2 libraries out of which one is compiled with version 5 and other with version 6. version 6 used AIX 5.0 Version 5 used AIX 4.3 Will there be any runtime problems because of this ( If it goes through linking step )? Thanks , Suman (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suman_jakkula
2 Replies

5. Solaris

linking in solaris9

at the end of the compilation in solaris 9. it is showing link error. like..... ld: fatal: library -lgthread-2.0 not found failed to create the binary the library is in /usr/lib and in /usr/local/lib the lib file is present --->libgthread.2.0.so ......etc if i remove... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: biswajithit
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

add the output of a query to a variable to be used in another query

I would like to use the result of a query in another query. How do I redirect/add the output to another variable? $result = odbc_exec($connect, $query); while ($row = odbc_fetch_array($result)) { echo $row,"\n"; } odbc_close($connect); ?> This will output hostnames: host1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

is linking possible?

how would i link 2 files together? is it the same as copying? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trob
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query Oracle tables and return values to shell script that calls the query

Hi, I have a requirement as below which needs to be done viz UNIX shell script (1) I have to connect to an Oracle database (2) Exexute "SELECT field_status from table 1" query on one of the tables. (3) Based on the result that I get from point (2), I have to update another table in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaeswari
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies
UDM_FIND(3)								 1							       UDM_FIND(3)

udm_find - Perform search

SYNOPSIS
resource udm_find (resource $agent, string $query) DESCRIPTION
Performs a search. The search itself. The first argument - session, the next one - query itself. To find something just type words you want to find and press SUBMIT button. For example, "mysql odbc". You should not use quotes " in query, they are written here only to divide a query from other text. mnoGoSearch will find all documents that contain word "mysql" and/or word "odbc". Best documents having bigger weights will be dis- played first. If you use search mode ALL, search will return documents that contain both (or more) words you entered. In case you use mode ANY, the search will return list of documents that contain any of the words you entered. If you want more advanced results you may use query language. You should select "bool" match mode in the search from. PARAMETERS
o $agent - A link to Agent, received after call to udm_alloc_agent(3). o $query - mnoGoSearch understands the following boolean operators: & - logical AND. For example, "mysql & odbc". mnoGoSearch will find any URLs that contain both "mysql" and "odbc". | - logical OR. For example "mysql|odbc". mnoGoSearch will find any URLs, that contain word "mysql" or word "odbc". ~ - logical NOT. For example "mysql & ~odbc". mnoGoSearch will find URLs that contain word "mysql" and do not contain word "odbc" at the same time. Note that ~ just excludes given word from results. Query "~odbc" will find nothing! () - group command to compose more complex queries. For example "(mysql | msql) & ~postgres". Query language is simple and powerful at the same time. Just consider query as usual boolean expression. RETURN VALUES
Returns a result link identifier on success or FALSE on failure. PHP Documentation Group UDM_FIND(3)