Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk, sed and a shell doubts
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk, sed and a shell doubts Post 302229679 by sudhamacs on Wednesday 27th of August 2008 02:53:42 PM
Old 08-27-2008
1.) awk '{ gsub(/-/,"",$0); for ( i = NF; i > 0; i-- ) printf("%s ",$i); printf("\n");}' <file>

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on SED AWK in shell scripting

Hi, I have a script abc.sql which contains a word 'timestamp'. I have another script xyz.txt genrated everyweek, which has a new timestamp value every week. How do I replace the word 'timestamp' in script abc.sql with the value mentioned in the script xyz.txt, so that I can run the script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushys
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Few Important doubts and questions..(Unix/Shell)

Hi All, I have a few questions which I am unable to solve/answer. Please help me with them:- Command in Unix to determine if a Host is connected to the internet ? If a parenet process is killed what happens to the child process? How do I print the first 10 lines of a file in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shubhranshu
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk miscellaneous doubts

In this following command: awk 'BEGIN{ORS=""}1' what does '1' signifies that comes after closing curly brace '}' of awk? I guess, it does not mean 'first occurrence' because I verified that. And, pls tell me how to override or suppress awk's field variables like $1, $2.. by positional... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell scripting doubts

Hello All, I am working in a reputed software firm,currently working on testing platform (manual and automation).But I am very much intersted in unix and shell scripting,I feel that I am good at beginner level of shell scripting,still I want to practise shell scripting to become excel in it.I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maheshglm
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk miscellaneous doubts

Hi, I am having the following doubts on awk. Please clarify for me. a) What does it mean? awk '$1=$1' and how does it change if I append FS="" to the above code? b) What if I use awk -vFS="\n" (i.e) setting (input) field separator to newline char, then what will be the value of $0,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
6 Replies

6. Programming

Shell script using sed or awk

Hi, I want to read a file from the command line and remove all the spaces, tabs in it, replacing it with comma(,), and write it to a new file. can you help me out with this scenario. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudhanshu12788
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script doubts

Hello please kindly solve these doubts i have about the following scripts Script 1 //Shell script that accepts arguments and prints them in reverse order// echo "number of arguments" len=$#; while do eval echo \$$len len=`expr $len - 1` done --------- Output $sh test.sh a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shynash21
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Doubts About awk, and Gawk

well i have some doubts about the use of this commands: my first doubt is to know if there is a way to execute a awk program from a file? (now i do copy paste, i copy the script of a notepad on the terminal and then i press enter, but i want to put this scripts in some folder and execute them)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: matius_88
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Basic sed doubts

Hi, I am a newbie to sed environment. Have been trying to understand some basics of the language, I am required to replace the occurence of a text string with 0...the command that has been told to me is this "s/^\s<=k/0/" -e Can some one please explain me how to break the command for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: seddoubt
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help shell scripting using awk or sed or other

I need to create a script to change a file depending of 3 conditions using a target as parameter... first condition <chamada> <numeroTerminalOriginador>CALLER</numeroTerminalOriginador> <imeiOriginador></imeiOriginador> <cgiPrimeiraErbOriginador></cgiPrimeiraErbOriginador>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: poulis
2 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)