Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting PERL look ahead and behind ... Post 302229603 by era on Wednesday 27th of August 2008 09:33:05 AM
Old 08-27-2008
Just remember the previous line in a variable.

Code:
while (<>) {
  print $prev, $_ if (m/10\.3\.127\.9/);
  $prev = $_;
}

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Experts Only! Hard Question Ahead!!!!

SunOS5.8 is a radical departure from SunOs4.X in many ways. one of the important differences is the handling of devices. Adding devices under SunOS4.x required a kernel reconfiguration, recompliation and reboot. Under SunOS5.X, this has changed with the ability to add some drivers on the fly.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Foo49272
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

Read-ahead in HP-UX

One cool thing about unix is that it predicts disk blocks that you may need and tries to have them in core before you need them. Over the years, various unix vendors tried various algorithms to improve performance. HP has patented their latest algorithm... Multi-threaded Read Ahead Prediction... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
0 Replies

3. AIX

CIO/DIO and JFS2 read ahead

Hi Guys, I wonder if after enabling CIO/DIO at the filesystem level and assuming that CIO/DIO will bypass the JFS2 read ahead available when not using CIO/DIO my questionis what parameters I can play with to tune/improve the CIO in order to obtain similar performance for sequential reads (... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hariza
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Selecting line ahead and next using AWK or SED

:confused: Good Day, I have this script that gets the archive names and the time it applies based on the alert log. The application of archives are of daily basis and usually many so having this script helps my job become easier. My problem is that when i get all the time stamps and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ownins
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

trim 0 ahead of a time,pls help~

Hi, I am trying to write a ksh to compare the time in a date date Thu Jul 1 09:01:24 PDT 2010 when I try to get hour date | awk '{print $4}' | cut -f1 -d: 08 how I can trim the 0 ahead of 08 to make it 8? please help~ (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: netbanker
7 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

NFS Share Time an Hour Ahead

Time on unix server shows 8:00a CST Time on Windows 7 Box shows 8:00a CST However when you access an NFS share the time stamp on the files show an hour ahead? Talking about a newly created file shows an hour ahead so at 8:00a the file will show a time stamp of 9:00a CST the problem it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Paul Standley
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Two days ahead

Hi, I have a code that will show one day ahead, how to make it show two days ahead p-dev1-db-tst:/$ day=$(TZ=IST-24 date +%d) p-dev1-db-tst:/$ echo $day 17 p-dev1-db-tst:/$ Regards, Adam (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: answer
5 Replies
PREV(1) 							     [nmh-1.5]								   PREV(1)

NAME
prev - show the previous message SYNOPSIS
prev [+folder] [-showproc program] [-showmimeproc program] [-header | -noheader] [-checkmime | -nocheckmime] [switches for showproc or showmimeproc] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
Prev performs a show on the previous message in the specified (or current) folder. Like show, it passes any switches on to the program named by showproc or showmimeproc, which is called to list the message. This command is almost exactly equivalent to "show prev". Consult the manual entry for show(1) for all the details. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's nmh directory Current-Folder: To find the default current folder showproc: Program to show non-MIME messages showmimeproc: Program to show MIME messages SEE ALSO
show(1), next(1) DEFAULTS
`+folder' defaults to the current folder `-checkmime' `-header' CONTEXT
If a folder is specified, it will become the current folder. The message that is shown (i.e., the previous message in sequence) will become the current message. BUGS
prev is really a link to the show program. As a result, if you make a link to prev and that link is not called prev, your link will act like show instead. To circumvent this, add a profile-entry for the link to your nmh profile and add the argument prev to the entry. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 PREV(1)