Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help to simplify with awk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help to simplify with awk Post 302229597 by otheus on Wednesday 27th of August 2008 09:21:45 AM
Old 08-27-2008
Also take a look at this solution: https://www.unix.com/shell-programmin...#post302228573

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

a script to simplify the use of grep

I'm trying to write a script that simplify the use of grep utility. these are the option that I'd like to use with the script " -c -i -l -n -v". When I execute the script none of these option works. I really appreciate any idea or tips regarding this problem. here the code echo " Enter 1-7:"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kemobyte
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I simplify the script

Hi all, How can I simplify following script, Logic is to find two strings (strings are case sensitive) from a file. if ; then if ; then Group=`echo $1_hostname` fi fi Please help me on this. Regards Sudhish s. kumar (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhish
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can I simplify this script?

Hi all, I have a script which runs every morning which clears down a series of directories. The structures of which are; /opt/feeds/failed/feed1 /opt/feeds/succeed/feed1 /opt/feeds/failed/feed2 /opt/feeds/succeed/feed2 /opt/feeds/failed/feed3 /opt/feeds/succeed/feed3 etc etc Files... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: JayC89
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simplify Bash Script Using "sed" Or "awk"

Input file: 2 aux003.net3.com error12 6 awn0117.net1.com error13 84 aux008 error14 29 aux001.ha.ux.isd.com error12 209 aux002.vm.ux.isd.com error34 21 alx0027.vm.net2.com error12 227 dux001.net5.com error123 22 us008.dot.net2.com error121 13 us009.net2.com error129Expected Output: 2... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sQew
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

simplify/combine if statements would be nice

below is something i inherited: if && && ; then HOST_SELECT="-m quadcore" fi if && && ; then HOST_SELECT="-m quadcore" fi if && && ; then HOST_SELECT="-m octocore1" fibelow is what i changed it to: if && && ; then HOST_SELECT="-m quadcore"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crimso
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

simplify regular expressions

Hi can anyone help me with how to simplify this regular expression ---------- Post updated at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous update was at 09:11 PM ---------- IS THIS RIGHT ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew211
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to simplify code list files in directory

I have the following code that print certain files in my directory and groups things together. I would be good to tidy and simplify this code up and would greatly appreciate suggestions. if ($opt_raytrac == 1) then echo "" echo -n "\033*\)/ & /g' | sort -k 4n | sed 's/ //g' \ # |... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to simplify this code?

hi guys need your help...how to simplify this script... for i in `cat dmp.txt` do model=$i more $model | grep : | cut -d ":" -f 2- | grep : | grep -v "=" > temp1 more $model | grep / | cut -d ":" -f 2- > temp2 more $model | grep = | cut -d ":" -f 2- > temp3 more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zulabc
2 Replies

9. Programming

Simplify setter and getter of java class

I am trying to verify my understanding on setter and getter on java class with this example: //MaximumFinder2.java import java.util.Scanner; public class MaximumFinder2 { public static void main (String args) { Scanner input = new Scanner(System.in); ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
6 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)