Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Commenting a Line In a File
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Commenting a Line In a File Post 302229593 by Prashantckc on Wednesday 27th of August 2008 09:11:58 AM
Old 08-27-2008
Many thanks for the reply
Will try out that option as well
However Just for my Knowledge.
How can I update a line in UNIX?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

commenting more then 1 line

Hi all, I m new for linux ... but now i will do this continuously. So my question is how to comment more then 1 line i dont wanna put # to each line.. my script is too big... or u can tell me that how can i add # to sellected lines means if i wanna put # from line number 10 to 20 then how... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayyadavmca
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Commenting lines

How to comment a set of lines in a script? we use # to comment a single line , is there ant other cmd to comment a block? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rolex.mp
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Commenting

How can i comment multiple lines in unix ..............shell script. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

commenting

can we use "---------" for commenting......... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: simmijaswal
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Commenting xml file lines

Hi , I have a XML file like this <dependency> <groupId>fr.xxxx.portail.ear</groupId> <artifactId>_xxxEAR</artifactId> <version>1.0.0-20xxxxx.xxxxx-x</version> <type>ear</type> </dependency> I need to comment single/multiple lines from XML file. How can i... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: scorpio
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Commenting contab from a script

Dear All, I have many cron entries and want to comment a particular cron entry from a script. Ex- Suppose I have the below cron entries: # DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE - edit the master and reinstall. #Cron entries for Jboss server 1 0 23 * * * /usr/bin/echo 0 23 * * * /usr/bin/asdg_count.sh 0 23 *... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: avishek007
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Commenting lines

Hi can any body pls help me : I have a file Which Content is like following: p3:s1234:powerfail:/usr/sbin/shutdown -y -i5 -g0 >/dev/msglog 2<>/dev/msglog ca:3:respawn:/opt/GoldWing/currentPM/local/critagt > /dev/msglog 2<>/dev/msglog ca:3:respawn:/opt/GoldWing/currentPM/local/startcia.sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aditya.Gurgaon
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Commenting lines in a file using SED

Hi, I need to comment the below lines in a file using sed.These are the few lines of the jsp file that need to be commented. if(top.location != location){ top.location.href = location.href; } Using the below command two lines can be commented: if(top.location != location){ ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: meetu
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Commenting a specific line and inserting a new line after commented line.

Hello All, I have following file contents cat file #line=aaaaaa #line=bbbbbb #line=cccccc #line=dddddd line=eeeeee #comment=11111 #comment=22222 #comment=33333 #comment=44444 comment=55555 Testing script Good Luck! I would like to comment line line=eeeeee and insert a new line... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishdivs
19 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Commenting a line matched with a specific string in a file

Hi, I would like to comment a line that matched a string "sreenivas" in a file without opening it. Thanks in advance. Regards, Sreenivas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raosr020
3 Replies
oidentd_masq.conf(5)						File Formats Manual					      oidentd_masq.conf(5)

NAME
oidentd_masq.conf - oidentd IP masquerading/NAT configuration file. DESCRIPTION
If you are using IP masquerading or NAT, oidentd can optionally return a username for connections from other machines. Support for this is specified by calling oidentd with the -m (or --masq) flag and by creating an /etc/oidentd_masq.conf file. oidentd can also forward requests for an IP masqueraded connection to the machine from which connection originates by way of the -f option. This will only work if the host to which the connection is forwarded is running oidentd with the -P (proxy) flag, or if the host's ident daemon will return a valid reply regardless of the input supplied by and the address of the host requesting the info (some ident daemons for windows do this, maybe others). FORMAT
<IP Address|Hostname>[/<Mask>] <Ident Response> <System Type> The first field contains the IP address or the hostname of a machine that IP masquerades through the machine on which oidentd runs. The mask parameter can be either a network mask or a mask in CIDR notation. A mask of 24 is equivalent to 255.255.255.0, a mask of 16 is equivalent to 255.255.0.0, etc. The second field specifies the reply that oidentd will return for lookups to the host matching the IP address specified in the first param- eter. The third field specifies the operating system the machine matching the first parameter is running. EXAMPLES
<Host>[/<Mask>] <Ident Response> <System Type> 192.168.1.1 someone UNIX 192.168.1.2 noone WINDOWS 192.168.1.1/32 user1 UNIX 192.168.1.0/24 user3 UNIX 192.168.0.0/16 user4 UNIX somehost user5 UNIX 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0 user6 UNIX AUTHOR
Ryan McCabe <ryan@numb.org> http://dev.ojnk.net SEE ALSO
oidentd(8) oidentd.conf(5) version 2.0.8 13 Jul 2003 oidentd_masq.conf(5)