Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Fixed Format File
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Fixed Format File Post 302229565 by palsevlohit_123 on Wednesday 27th of August 2008 08:14:25 AM
Old 08-27-2008
cut -c1-80 YOUR_FILENAME

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert XML file into Text file(fixed length)

If someone out there could help me out with this problem. I would really appreciate it. I am trying to convert xml into text file(fixed length) using Unix Borne shell scripts. My xml file: <root> <header_rec recordtype="00"> <record_id>00</record_id> ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ram2s2001
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Convert UTF8 Format file to ANSI format

:) Hi i am trying to convert a file which is in UTF8 format to ANSI format i tried to use the function ICONV but it is throwing error Function i used it as $ iconv -f UTF8 -t ANSI filename Error iam getting is NOT Supported UTF8 to ANSI please some help me out on this.........Let me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajreddy
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Convert UTF8 Format file to ANSI format

:confused: Hi i am trying to convert a file which is in UTF8 format to ANSI format i tried to use the function ICONV but it is throwing error Function i used it as $ iconv -f UTF8 -t ANSI filename Error iam getting is NOT Supported UTF8 to ANSI please some help me out on... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajreddy
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To convert multi format file to a readable ascii format

Hi I have a file which has ascii , binary, binary decimal coded,decimal & hexadecimal data with lot of special characters (like öƒ.ƒ.„İİ¡Š·œƒ.„İİ¡Š· ) in it. I want to standardize the file into ASCII format & later use that as source . Can any one suggest a way a logic to convert such... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaur.deepti
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cleaning up spaces from fixed width file while converting to csv file

Open to a sed/awk/or perl alternative so that i can stick command into my bash script. This is a problem I resolve using a combination of cut commands - but that is getting convoluted. So would really appreciate it if someone could provide a better solution which basically replaces all... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: svn
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting windows format file to unix format using script

Hi, I am having couple of files which i used to copy from windows to Linux, so now in case of text files (CTRL^M) appears at end of line. I know i can convert this windows format file to unix format file by running dos2unix. My requirement here is that i want to do it automatically using a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert a complete file into another file after certain fixed line

Hi Friends, I am writing a shell script where it is required to insert a file say file1 into file2 after certain number of fixed lines in file2.. Please help me how this could be done.. Please suggest me any useful links i need to go through to achieve this.... Thanks in advance .. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amr89
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - Read fixed format

Hi, I have several fixed format ascii files which I would like to reformat through Awk. The fixed format produces intermittent whitespace (Nastran input file). $ Grid points $------1-------2-------3-------4-------5-------6-------7-------8-------9-------0 GRID* 1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tim Gowing
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Lookup field values in two fixed format file in UNIX - not working

I have 2 fixed length files input#1 & input#2. I want to match the rows based on the value in position 37-50 in both files (pos 37-50 will have same value in both files). If any matching record is found then cut the value against company code & Invoice number from input file #1 (position 99 until... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lingaraju
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Splitting the file based on two fields - Fixed length file

Hi , I am having a scenario where I need to split the file based on two field values. The file is a fixed length file. ex: AA0998703000000000000190510095350019500010005101980301 K 0998703000000000000190510095351019500020005101480 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saj
4 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)