Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix Certification
Operating Systems HP-UX Unix Certification Post 302229558 by bharat.techie on Wednesday 27th of August 2008 07:57:05 AM
Old 08-27-2008
Unix Certification

Which certification I can go for??

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Unix Certification

Hi, Can anyone please let me know about Unix Certifications available? Regards, Puspendu (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: puspendu
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix certification

hi, Can you you please tell me which will be the best Unix certification to get. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asinha14
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Certification

I am seeking to move from Mainframe Storage Management to Open Systems, possibly as an AIX administrator. Does anyone know of a good Unix certification program that can get my foot in the door? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ednan171
3 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

UNIX Certification

I am taking the UNIX Essentials/UNIX Core class on DVD. Two certifications are offered with it. What would be the next logical step in UNIX training after that? Would I need an instructor-led class? My company is offering $2500 towards Open Systems training and I would like to make the best... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ednan171
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

certification in Unix ?

Hi all General question ...please help ... Can anybody tell me how to get certified in UNIX ? Is/are there any certificaion paper(s) for UNIX OR any organization helps outsiders to get cerified in Unix. I know about Linux certification ..red hat and all.... But is there an specific Unix... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
2 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Please help me for UNIX certification

Hi, Last 2 years i am working in unix environment .I am interested to do some certification on UNIX.Could you please suggest me regarding this.. Thanks in adcance p kumar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sradha
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX Certification

Hello Everybody, Is there any unix certification , where i can be a unix certified. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pritish.sas
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Certification on Unix

Hi all, I want to do a certification on unix, i dont have any idea about it. Can any one help me in where i can get the information on "UNIX CERTIFICATION" Thanks in advance, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vij_krr
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX Certification

Hi, I am willing to do UNIX certification other than Administration. Could any one suggest me which unix developers certification will be better to do get good employment opportunities. Thanks in advance.:b::b: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhon1257
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX certification

Hi there, I have 7+ IT experience worked in various support project in unix, pl/sql and C. I would like to take certification in unix (but I worked in shell scripting not in admin). I surfed net for certification but all are suggesting for admin certification like redhat, scsa..... I want to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stew
0 Replies
CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER(3)				     curl_easy_setopt options					 CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER(3)

NAME
CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER - verify the peer's SSL certificate SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLcode curl_easy_setopt(CURL *handle, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, long verify); DESCRIPTION
Pass a long as parameter to enable or disable. This option determines whether curl verifies the authenticity of the peer's certificate. A value of 1 means curl verifies; 0 (zero) means it doesn't. When negotiating a TLS or SSL connection, the server sends a certificate indicating its identity. Curl verifies whether the certificate is authentic, i.e. that you can trust that the server is who the certificate says it is. This trust is based on a chain of digital signa- tures, rooted in certification authority (CA) certificates you supply. curl uses a default bundle of CA certificates (the path for that is determined at build time) and you can specify alternate certificates with the CURLOPT_CAINFO(3) option or the CURLOPT_CAPATH(3) option. When CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER(3) is enabled, and the verification fails to prove that the certificate is authentic, the connection fails. When the option is zero, the peer certificate verification succeeds regardless. Authenticating the certificate is not enough to be sure about the server. You typically also want to ensure that the server is the server you mean to be talking to. Use CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST(3) for that. The check that the host name in the certificate is valid for the host name you're connecting to is done independently of the CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER(3) option. WARNING: disabling verification of the certificate allows bad guys to man-in-the-middle the communication without you knowing it. Disabling verification makes the communication insecure. Just having encryption on a transfer is not enough as you cannot be sure that you are commu- nicating with the correct end-point. DEFAULT
By default, curl assumes a value of 1. PROTOCOLS
All TLS based protocols: HTTPS, FTPS, IMAPS, POP3S, SMTPS etc. EXAMPLE
CURL *curl = curl_easy_init(); if(curl) { curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_URL, "https://example.com"); /* Set the default value: strict certificate check please */ curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, 1L); curl_easy_perform(curl); } AVAILABILITY
If built TLS enabled. RETURN VALUE
Returns CURLE_OK if the option is supported, and CURLE_UNKNOWN_OPTION if not. SEE ALSO
CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST(3), CURLOPT_PROXY_SSL_VERIFYPEER(3), CURLOPT_PROXY_SSL_VERIFYHOST(3), libcurl 7.54.0 February 09, 2017 CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER(3)