Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Best development language to monitor the unix server Post 302229431 by S_venkatesh on Wednesday 27th of August 2008 03:01:19 AM
Old 08-27-2008
Thank you for your replys.
broli.can we create the web application using shell script.
If we can, please give some idea to achieve this

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

The Development of the C Language

LINK The Development of the C Language http://cm.bell-labs.com/cm/cs/who/dmr/chist.html By: Dennis M. Ritchie Bell Labs/Lucent Technologies Murray Hill, NJ 07974 USA Paper History of C Language Development. B to C to BCPL (Ansi Standard). Check it out. This paper studies its evolution &... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: killerserv
0 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

X-server and UNIX: monitor refresh rate

Hello. I'm running OpenBSD3.5 with GNOME2.4. The problem is that the monitors flickers. I'd like to know how to increase the vertical refresh rate. thanks in advance. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sablot
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

server monitor script...

hi all i have a script which will write a log file depending upon output of TOP command ( i am on HP-UX ) and some rules to analyze processes if process falls under that rule then log entry in file. i am ready with this part i have perl script which does this for me but i have 3 HP servers and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zedex
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to monitor Unix server CPU status?

I like to know how to monitor the UNIX CPU/memory status over time. I need to data to do some graphical representation of the server load. I sort of need to keep track of the vmstat but i dont know how. I hope someone would kindly help me out. thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shingpui
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Monitor server's health

Dear all, There wasn't any monitoring on our server except on the filesystem. Therefore, I was wondering anything i should do on a daily basis to check on the server's status, health, hardware, or any other thing as a disaster prevention? Also, what command i should use to do that? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
2 Replies

6. Web Development

Web development language choice?

Hello, After a bit of basic advice please. What web development languages are available and what are the advantages of each? If this is too basic a question, can someone please signpost so i may research this. I ask as I have a couple of websites that i need to develop but new to programming... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: maqsood
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help with little bash server monitor script

hello, i`m new in bash scripting and i getting an error with my little server monitoring script example of my script: #!/bin/sh s1_ats=0 while ; do sleep 5 s1=`ping -c 1 xxxx.xxxx.xxxx.xxxx | grep 64 | awk '{print $1}'` if ; then $s1_ats=0 else if ; then (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: grauzikas
2 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Any way we can create an SMTP server and use any scripting language to read emails from that server

Is there any way to create an SMTP mail server will all granular permissions to it so that I can read emails which that server receives through any scripting language and also reply from the same server automatically? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeepcm
3 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

How to Monitor Tomcat App Server?

Tomcat stops logging intermittently for brief intervals of time like for 5 or 6 secs I wish to monitor if my Tomcat process gets stuck, hung or even shutdown or remains healthy at the time i see the problem of no logging. Can you please let me know how can i monitor Tomcat Application... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
10 Replies
DH_COMPRESS(1)							     Debhelper							    DH_COMPRESS(1)

NAME
dh_compress - compress files and fix symlinks in package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_compress [debhelperoptions] [-Xitem] [-A] [file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_compress is a debhelper program that is responsible for compressing the files in package build directories, and makes sure that any symlinks that pointed to the files before they were compressed are updated to point to the new files. By default, dh_compress compresses files that Debian policy mandates should be compressed, namely all files in usr/share/info, usr/share/man, files in usr/share/doc that are larger than 4k in size, (except the copyright file, .html and other web files, image files, and files that appear to be already compressed based on their extensions), and all changelog files. Plus PCF fonts underneath usr/share/fonts/X11/ FILES
debian/package.compress These files are deprecated. If this file exists, the default files are not compressed. Instead, the file is ran as a shell script, and all filenames that the shell script outputs will be compressed. The shell script will be run from inside the package build directory. Note though that using -X is a much better idea in general; you should only use a debian/package.compress file if you really need to. OPTIONS
-Xitem, --exclude=item Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from being compressed. For example, -X.tiff will exclude TIFF files from compression. You may use this option multiple times to build up a list of things to exclude. -A, --all Compress all files specified by command line parameters in ALL packages acted on. file ... Add these files to the list of files to compress. CONFORMS TO
Debian policy, version 3.0 SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 8.9.0ubuntu2.1 2012-06-12 DH_COMPRESS(1)