Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mth code determination
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers mth code determination Post 302229195 by vbe on Tuesday 26th of August 2008 11:17:20 AM
Old 08-26-2008

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hardware Determination

Does anyone know an equiv of lscfg -vp for HP-UX? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_pointer
2 Replies

2. Programming

Telnet client IP determination

I have configured my firewall to allow only five remote IP's to connect to my server. Upon connection...i would like to automate the Xsession functions for authorized IP's. Mainly, $DISPLAY of the environment to the client. I understand that the "gethostbyaddr" function is capable of this.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomas.jones
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

Total space Determination

Hi experts, # df -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/hda9 3.8G 1.7G 2.0G 46% / none 369M 0 369M 0% /dev/shm /dev/hda10 2.0G 33M 1.8G 2% /tmp /dev/hda12 1.4G 1.2G 260M 82% /usr I used df -h... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: William1482
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Determination n points between two coordinates

Hi guys. Can anyone tell me how to determine points between two coardinates. For example: Which type of command line gives me 50 points between (8, -5, 7) and (2, 6, 9) points Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpf
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

loop for determination of number of points in a enclosed area

Hi Friends, I am trying to find coordinates within three points by using a for loop. For example: I want to find points within the triangular area enclosed by (1,2,3), (4,5,6) and (7,8,9) points. I want to create a mesh in a triangle and I should know the coordinates of points. Best... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpf
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Print from nth field to mth fields using awk

Hi, Is there any short method to print from a particular field till another filed using awk? Example File: File1 ==== 1|2|acv|vbc|......|100|342 2|3|afg|nhj|.......|100|346 Expected output: File2 ==== acv|vbc|.....|100 afg|nhj|.....|100 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the nth word of mth line in a file

Hi.. May be a simple question but I just began to write unix scripts a week ago, for sorting some huge amount of experiment data, so I got no common sense about unix scripting and really need your helps... The situation is, I want to read the nth word of mth line in a file, and then store it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: freezelty
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove mth and nth column from a file?

Hi, i need to remove mth and nth column from a csv file. here m and n is not a specific number. it is a variable ex. m=2 n=5 now i need to remove the 2nd and 5th line.. Please help how to do that. Thanks!!! (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaq1xsw2
18 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with identify gradient and the coefficient of determination of a straight line

Hi, Do anybody experience using awk or perl command to identify gradient of a straight line and The coefficient of determination/R-square value of a chart (R2) ? Below is my input file : t1 2 3 5 8 t2 0 2 0 2 t3 1 1 1 1 t4 50 70 80 90 . . . Desired Output : t1 2 3 5 8 0.6986... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
10 Replies
JOIN(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   JOIN(1)

NAME
join - relational database operator SYNOPSIS
join [ options ] file1 file2 DESCRIPTION
Join forms, on the standard output, a join of the two relations specified by the lines of file1 and file2. If file1 is `-', the standard input is used. File1 and file2 must be sorted in increasing ASCII collating sequence on the fields on which they are to be joined, normally the first in each line. There is one line in the output for each pair of lines in file1 and file2 that have identical join fields. The output line normally con- sists of the common field, then the rest of the line from file1, then the rest of the line from file2. Fields are normally separated by blank, tab or newline. In this case, multiple separators count as one, and leading separators are dis- carded. These options are recognized: -an In addition to the normal output, produce a line for each unpairable line in file n, where n is 1 or 2. -e s Replace empty output fields by string s. -jn m Join on the mth field of file n. If n is missing, use the mth field in each file. -o list Each output line comprises the fields specifed in list, each element of which has the form n.m, where n is a file number and m is a field number. -tc Use character c as a separator (tab character). Every appearance of c in a line is significant. SEE ALSO
sort(1), comm(1), awk(1) BUGS
With default field separation, the collating sequence is that of sort -b; with -t, the sequence is that of a plain sort. The conventions of join, sort, comm, uniq, look and awk(1) are wildly incongruous. JOIN(1)