Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Any good tutorials or sites for expect scripting? Post 302229170 by vidyadhar85 on Tuesday 26th of August 2008 10:19:12 AM
Old 08-26-2008

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix tutorials or good sites

whats a good site for unix learning? are their any tutorials on this site? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mfbww
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

any tutorials on simple scripting?

i'm not looking for anything that deals with "if-then" scripts. i'd like something simple on how to run a series of processes. for example the following: 1. ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/tar_files/ 2. lcd / 3. get pkgsrc.tar.gz 4. bye 5. cd /usr 6. rm -rf pkgsrc 7. cd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a good scripting book

Just a quick request guys As you might have guessed I've just started getting involved in Unix The guys and the boss in the unix team (not with them yet) have given me some projects to do at my request. Some of which involve scripting. The work is paying for me to go on a scripting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: w33man
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Good sites to learn EMC symmetrix

i need to learn this very quick. i'm not trying delve deep into it. just enough to do basic things. does anyone know of any good sites to visit?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
1 Replies

5. AIX

AIX routing and TCPIP. Anyone find any good Tutorials?

HI All, Does anyone out there know of any good online tutorials for the basics of routing, gateways, networking with AIX, preferably the more recent versions like 5.2/5.3? Using commands such as netstat, smit mkroute, etc. to connect to boxes on a network, and load software with networked... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeffpas
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help for good books in Shell Scripting

Hi, I am knew to Shell Scripting. Can someone please tell me some good books for Shell Scripting which explains in a very simple language and covers all the topics nicely. Thanks, Shubh. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shubhranshu
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

strange expect script behavior, or am i misunderstanding expect scripting?

Hello to all...this is my first post (so please go easy). :) I feel pretty solid at expect scripting, but I'm running into an issue that I'm not able to wrap my head around. I wrote a script that is a little advanced for logging into a remote Linux machine and changing text in a file using sed.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: v1k0d3n
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Good remote sites to get graphics from?

Hello, I am starting ym first webpage and I am learning how to get images from a remote unix site to my unix account. But I don't know of any good sites to get some. Anyone know of any? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: werty7373
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Websites with good tutorials

Hey guys, i am new in Shell programming and i would like to know some good links and websiites which has good tutorials and a wide range of examples on how the commands can be used. those which i have found just provide a brief coverage on the topic and mostly do not give proper examples of how the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gregarion
5 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)