Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Any good tutorials or sites for expect scripting? Post 302229168 by rkruck on Tuesday 26th of August 2008 10:12:11 AM
Old 08-26-2008
Any good tutorials or sites for expect scripting?

In a nutshell here is what I am trying to do:

I have a file with a list of hostnames. I want to read in the file and ssh to each hostname on the list. Do some commands, logout of the server and go onto the next on the list.

I am trying to find a site that is a good tutorial or examples so I can learn how to do more than just the basics with expect.

Thanks

Robert

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix tutorials or good sites

whats a good site for unix learning? are their any tutorials on this site? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mfbww
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

any tutorials on simple scripting?

i'm not looking for anything that deals with "if-then" scripts. i'd like something simple on how to run a series of processes. for example the following: 1. ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/tar_files/ 2. lcd / 3. get pkgsrc.tar.gz 4. bye 5. cd /usr 6. rm -rf pkgsrc 7. cd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a good scripting book

Just a quick request guys As you might have guessed I've just started getting involved in Unix The guys and the boss in the unix team (not with them yet) have given me some projects to do at my request. Some of which involve scripting. The work is paying for me to go on a scripting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: w33man
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Good sites to learn EMC symmetrix

i need to learn this very quick. i'm not trying delve deep into it. just enough to do basic things. does anyone know of any good sites to visit?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
1 Replies

5. AIX

AIX routing and TCPIP. Anyone find any good Tutorials?

HI All, Does anyone out there know of any good online tutorials for the basics of routing, gateways, networking with AIX, preferably the more recent versions like 5.2/5.3? Using commands such as netstat, smit mkroute, etc. to connect to boxes on a network, and load software with networked... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeffpas
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help for good books in Shell Scripting

Hi, I am knew to Shell Scripting. Can someone please tell me some good books for Shell Scripting which explains in a very simple language and covers all the topics nicely. Thanks, Shubh. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shubhranshu
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

strange expect script behavior, or am i misunderstanding expect scripting?

Hello to all...this is my first post (so please go easy). :) I feel pretty solid at expect scripting, but I'm running into an issue that I'm not able to wrap my head around. I wrote a script that is a little advanced for logging into a remote Linux machine and changing text in a file using sed.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: v1k0d3n
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Good remote sites to get graphics from?

Hello, I am starting ym first webpage and I am learning how to get images from a remote unix site to my unix account. But I don't know of any good sites to get some. Anyone know of any? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: werty7373
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Websites with good tutorials

Hey guys, i am new in Shell programming and i would like to know some good links and websiites which has good tutorials and a wide range of examples on how the commands can be used. those which i have found just provide a brief coverage on the topic and mostly do not give proper examples of how the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gregarion
5 Replies
SSH-ARGV0(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					      SSH-ARGV0(1)

NAME
ssh-argv0 -- replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling SYNOPSIS
hostname | user@hostname [-l login_name] [command] hostname | user@hostname [-afgknqstvxACNTX1246] [-b bind_address] [-c cipher_spec] [-e escape_char] [-i identity_file] [-l login_name] [-m mac_spec] [-o option] [-p port] [-F configfile] [-L port:host:hostport] [-R port:host:hostport] [-D port] [command] DESCRIPTION
ssh-argv0 replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling. If you link to this script with a hostname then executing the link is equivalent to having executed ssh with that hostname as an argument. All other arguments are passed to ssh and will be processed normally. OPTIONS
See ssh(1). FILES
See ssh(1). AUTHORS
OpenSSH is a derivative of the original and free ssh 1.2.12 release by Tatu Ylonen. Aaron Campbell, Bob Beck, Markus Friedl, Niels Provos, Theo de Raadt and Dug Song removed many bugs, re-added newer features and created OpenSSH. Markus Friedl contributed the support for SSH protocol versions 1.5 and 2.0. Jonathan Amery wrote this ssh-argv0 script and the associated documentation. SEE ALSO
ssh(1) Debian Project September 7, 2001 Debian Project