Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: query related to if
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting query related to if Post 302229126 by sainathdeg on Tuesday 26th of August 2008 08:28:31 AM
Old 08-26-2008
query related to if

wht does below statement mean?

if [ ! -d $var_pathtotemp ]

wht does dis -d option do??

TIA.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query related to #!/bin/sh

hi All Why is #!/bin/sh being used in most of the ksh scripts......? I have seen this (#!/bin/sh) being used at the start of the script Regards Suresh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed related query

Hi I have a file which looks like this //string = "abcd"; //info //string = "*pqrs"; //add string = "#123"; //sub //string = "#1234567890" data = check(string) //string = "#1234567890" I want to modify this as string = "#987"; //mult data = check(string) How do i do that? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gopsman
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk related query

hi, I have to extract a column from a file and then updated that column..?? Now i can use wak for extracting it and then how to update it.. $ awk' {print $5}' input_file Can i use sed command here piping it to the output from the awk command.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhisek.says
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print related query

i Am using the below query and printing the $8 and $9 filed.. find /A/B/C/{1,3,5,7} -name "*.txt" -o -name "*.csv" -o -name "*.TXT" -o -name "*.dat" |xargs ls -ltr |awk '{print $8 ,$9}' > result.xls this give me the rsult like below.. 2008/home/ADMIN/om/1.txt 2008/home/ADMIN/om/hi.txt ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sapan123
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Query related to Inodes in Solaris

Hi friends, 1.From the information I gathered, an inode is an object which has a number associated with it... and when a slice is partitioned, inodes with their numbers are created. When a file is created, an inode number is assigned to it. This could be viewed through ls -i <dir/file>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saagar
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

datetimestamp related query!

Hi all, I have put a query in a thread but didn't get any reply. Hoping to get a reply here. I have a file in that one line resembles like below... Forwarded by Deepak on 11/15/2009 10:28 AM EST ofcourse AM can be PM also... so what i need is first i need to get only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smarty86
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A query related to 'ls' command

I am executing the ls command to show the contents of a folder, it shows some number in front of word total as highlighted in blue color below quotes. Can anyone please share that what it is? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaib
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

query related to grep

Hi All, The result for 'grep "cert_codes" /develop/sales/appl.srce/*.4gl' command will be saved at aa.txt grep "cert_codes" /develop/sales/appl.srce/*.4gl >aa.txt But I am not sure, whether, all result stored in .txt file in case of multi-line result. Please revert back if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbankar
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query related to ftp script

Hi, I was planning to write a FTP script that will FTP files to destination folder. All configuration should be done through a properties files, I have developed two files under /home/499633/scripts) scripts folder, and my main file(ftp_script.sh) should read the properties from the properties... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul125
2 Replies

10. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Interfaces related query

I need to list the interfaces that uses FTP instead of SFTP on my applications that are on AIX servers. How do I get that list of IP addresses that connect to my applications via FTP? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
2 Replies
lldptool(8)							       Linux							       lldptool(8)

NAME
LLDP-MED - Show / manipulate MED TLV configurations SYNOPSIS
lldptool -t -i ethx -V [ TLV_TYPE ] enableTx lldptool -T -i ethx -V [ TLV_TYPE ] enableTx = { yes | no } lldptool -T -i ethx -V LLDP-MED devtype = { class1 | class2 | class3 } lldptool -t -i ethx -V LLDP-MED devtype TLV_TYPE : = {LLDP-MED | medCap | medPolicy | medLoc | medPower | medHwRev | medFwRev | medSwRev | medSerNum | medManuf | medModel | medAssetID } DESCRIPTION
The LLDP-MED extensions support the Link Layer Discovery Protocol for Media Endpoint Devices defined in the ANSI/TIA-1057-2006 document. Each TLV can be configured as a class1 , class2 or class3 device. Class I devices are the most basic class of Endpoint Device, Class II devices support media stream capabilities and Class III devices directly support end users of the IP communication system. See ANS-TIA-1057 for clarification of class types. ARGUMENTS
enableTx Enables the TLV to be transmitted devtype Set or query the class type of the device. TLV_TYPE List of supported TLV specifiers applicable to Media Endpoint Devices. LLDP-MED apply arguments to all supported MED TLVs. medCAP LLDP-MED Capabilities TLV medPolicy LLDP-MED Network Policy TLV medLoc LLDP-MED Location TLV medPower LLDP-MED Extended Power-via-MDI TLV medHwRev LLDP-MED Hardware Revision TLV medFwRev LLDP-MED Firmware Revision TLV medSwRev LLDP-MED Software Revision TLV medSerNum LLDP-MED Serial Number TLV medManuf LLDP-MED Manufacturer Name TL medModel LLDP-MED Model Name TLV medAssetID LLDP-MED Asset ID TLV EXAMPLE &; USAGE Enable class1 MED device on eth2 lldptool -T -i eth2 -V LLDP-MED enableTx=yes devtype=class1 Query class type of MED on eth2 lldptool -t -i eth2 -V LLDP-MED -c devtype Query transmit state of medPolicy on device eth2 lldptool -t -i eth2 -V medPolicy -c enableTx SOURCE o Link Layer Discovery Protocol for Media Endpoint Devices (http://www.tiaonline.org/standards/technology/voip/documents/ANSI- TIA-1057_final_for_publication.pdf) NOTES
SEE ALSO
lldptool(8), lldpad(8) AUTHOR
John Fastabend open-lldp June 2011 lldptool(8)