Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how to recover deleted files in unix Post 302229124 by sydney2008 on Tuesday 26th of August 2008 08:21:04 AM
Old 08-26-2008
Namishtiwari,

Have you read this thread before ??

https://www.unix.com/unix-dummies-que...189-trash.html

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recover deleted files

Is there a Unix tool, like in Novell, to recover accidentally deleted files? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kuultak
2 Replies

2. AIX

recover deleted files

How to recover deleted files in AIX ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vjm
1 Replies

3. Linux

recover deleted files from memory stick

I'm running Fedora Core4. I deleted images off of my Sony DSC-P73 digital camera's memory stick. I'm looking for a *nix tool to recover the photos from the memory stick. Does anyone know of such a tool? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there a way to recover files deleted using rm command???

Hi All, I just mistakingly deleted some files using rm command.Is there a way to get it back?i work on Solaris 10 Thanks, Kumar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumarsaravana_s
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

recover deleted file in unix

hi after using rm command how to recover the deleted file (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arulkumar
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to Recover Deleted Files

Hi, By mistake, executed the following command : rm -rf * and ALL files got deleted. But I need to get back these files as they are very very important. Please help me how to recover this file. Its Urgent for me please. Thanks in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: unx100
6 Replies

7. Red Hat

Recover deleted files from linux server machine..

Hi, I am working Linux server machine. Somebody by mistake(or may be knowingly) deleted few folders and files from the machine. How is this possible to recover those files and folders????:confused: I normally logged in through Putty and winscp only. And don't have any history for putty... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pamu
8 Replies

8. Linux

Recover deleted files on Linux server

Hi Guys, Greetings!. I have executed the cronjob that runs the shell script which is in directory.When the cronjob was executed , I found that the directory where the script resides has got deleted. Note: The directory was deleted with other use not root user. The... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: reminisce
9 Replies
MHA-DBRECOVER(1)					       MHonArc Documentation						  MHA-DBRECOVER(1)

NAME
mha-dbrecover - rebuild a MHonArc archive database SYNOPSIS
mha-dbrecover [options] DESCRIPTION
mha-dbrecover is a utility program that is part of the MHonArc software package. The program allows can be used to rebuild a MHonArc archive database from the HTML message files. This allows database recovery if the database gets corrupted or accidentally deleted. The documentation for MHonArc is distributed in HTML format. Due to its size and organization, it is not suited for manpage format. Consult your system administrator for where the documentation has been installed, or see "AVAILABILITY" on where you can access the documentation on the web. OPTIONS
mha-dbrecover takes all the options available to mhonarc along with the following additional options: "-dbr-startnum" # The starting message number to recover data from. This option is useful if you have many message files in a directory, but you only want to recover a subset of the files. If this option is not specified, the starting number is 0. "-dbr-endnum" # The ending message number to recover data from. This option is useful if you have many message files in a directory, but you only want to recover a subset of the files. If this option is not specified, all messages starting from "-dbr-startnum" will be recovered. NOTE: Only a subset of the options available to mhonarc are actually supported since many options are not applicable for recovering operations. AVAILABILITY
<http://www.mhonarc.org/> AUTHOR
Earl Hood, mhonarc@mhonarc.org MHonArc comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY and MHonArc may be copied only under the terms of the GNU General Public License, which may be found in the MHonArc distribution. MHonArc v2.6 2009-05-03 MHA-DBRECOVER(1)