Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Best development language to monitor the unix server Post 302229075 by vbe on Tuesday 26th of August 2008 06:12:47 AM
Old 08-26-2008
Why reinvent when there are plenty out there in open source...

Find one that suits you and use it, and if you are good at programming why not help the development by joining the team?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

The Development of the C Language

LINK The Development of the C Language http://cm.bell-labs.com/cm/cs/who/dmr/chist.html By: Dennis M. Ritchie Bell Labs/Lucent Technologies Murray Hill, NJ 07974 USA Paper History of C Language Development. B to C to BCPL (Ansi Standard). Check it out. This paper studies its evolution &... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: killerserv
0 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

X-server and UNIX: monitor refresh rate

Hello. I'm running OpenBSD3.5 with GNOME2.4. The problem is that the monitors flickers. I'd like to know how to increase the vertical refresh rate. thanks in advance. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sablot
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

server monitor script...

hi all i have a script which will write a log file depending upon output of TOP command ( i am on HP-UX ) and some rules to analyze processes if process falls under that rule then log entry in file. i am ready with this part i have perl script which does this for me but i have 3 HP servers and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zedex
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to monitor Unix server CPU status?

I like to know how to monitor the UNIX CPU/memory status over time. I need to data to do some graphical representation of the server load. I sort of need to keep track of the vmstat but i dont know how. I hope someone would kindly help me out. thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shingpui
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Monitor server's health

Dear all, There wasn't any monitoring on our server except on the filesystem. Therefore, I was wondering anything i should do on a daily basis to check on the server's status, health, hardware, or any other thing as a disaster prevention? Also, what command i should use to do that? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
2 Replies

6. Web Development

Web development language choice?

Hello, After a bit of basic advice please. What web development languages are available and what are the advantages of each? If this is too basic a question, can someone please signpost so i may research this. I ask as I have a couple of websites that i need to develop but new to programming... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: maqsood
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help with little bash server monitor script

hello, i`m new in bash scripting and i getting an error with my little server monitoring script example of my script: #!/bin/sh s1_ats=0 while ; do sleep 5 s1=`ping -c 1 xxxx.xxxx.xxxx.xxxx | grep 64 | awk '{print $1}'` if ; then $s1_ats=0 else if ; then (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: grauzikas
2 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Any way we can create an SMTP server and use any scripting language to read emails from that server

Is there any way to create an SMTP mail server will all granular permissions to it so that I can read emails which that server receives through any scripting language and also reply from the same server automatically? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeepcm
3 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

How to Monitor Tomcat App Server?

Tomcat stops logging intermittently for brief intervals of time like for 5 or 6 secs I wish to monitor if my Tomcat process gets stuck, hung or even shutdown or remains healthy at the time i see the problem of no logging. Can you please let me know how can i monitor Tomcat Application... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
10 Replies
File::Find::Rule::Extending(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    File::Find::Rule::Extending(3)

NAME
File::Find::Rule::Extending - the mini-guide to extending File::Find::Rule SYNOPSIS
package File::Find::Rule::Random; use strict; # take useful things from File::Find::Rule use base 'File::Find::Rule'; # and force our crack into the main namespace sub File::Find::Rule::random () { my $self = shift()->_force_object; $self->exec( sub { rand > 0.5 } ); } 1; DESCRIPTION
File::Find::Rule went down so well with the buying public that everyone wanted to add extra features. With the 0.07 release this became a possibility, using the following conventions. Declare your package package File::Find::Rule::Random; use strict; Inherit methods from File::Find::Rule # take useful things from File::Find::Rule use base 'File::Find::Rule'; Force your madness into the main package # and force our crack into the main namespace sub File::Find::Rule::random () { my $self = shift()->_force_object; $self->exec( sub { rand > 0.5 } ); } Yes, we're being very cavalier here and defining things into the main File::Find::Rule namespace. This is due to lack of imaginiation on my part - I simply can't find a way for the functional and oo interface to work without doing this or some kind of inheritance, and inheritance stops you using two File::Find::Rule::Foo modules together. For this reason try and pick distinct names for your extensions. If this becomes a problem then I may institute a semi-official registry of taken names. Taking no arguments. Note the null prototype on random. This is a cheat for the procedural interface to know that your sub takes no arguments, and so allows this to happen: find( random => in => '.' ); If you hadn't declared "random" with a null prototype it would have consumed "in" as a parameter to it, then got all confused as it doesn't know about a '.' rule. AUTHOR
Richard Clamp <richardc@unixbeard.net> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 Richard Clamp. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
File::Find::Rule File::Find::Rule::MMagic was the first extension module, so maybe check that out. perl v5.16.2 2011-09-19 File::Find::Rule::Extending(3)