Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Kill & Switch
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Cartoons for Geeks Kill & Switch Post 302228933 by Linux Bot on Monday 25th of August 2008 08:00:05 PM
Old 08-25-2008
Kill & Switch

2008-08-26T01:18:00+02:00

Steve Jobs likes to kill switch (see an older post on cnet) but not to copy and paste (see TechCrunch).

Download killswitch.comicdoc

Image Image Image Image

Source...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

When kill doesnt work, how to kill a process ?

Hi All, I am unable to kill a process using kill command. I am using HP-UX system. I have tried with kill -9 and i have root privilages. How can i terminate this daemon ? ? ? Regards, Vijay Hegde (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VijayHegde
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to access console of a switch having rj45 on switch side to db 9 female on pc side console cable

hi, how to access console of a switch having rj45 on switch side to db 9 female on pc side console cable which needs to be connected to one console server having rj11 on its side and db 9 female on other end.i.e. on switch side,console cable has rj45 and db 9 pin female connector on other side of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pankajd
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

How to kill a TCP connection which has status TIME_WAIT & no PID

Hi, I want to kill TCP connections which have status as TIME_WAIT & no PID (as per the output of the "netstat - p" command). Is there any command/utility available to kill connections to a specific port or IP address. The problem is that these connections don't have process ID (see... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Davinder31may
4 Replies

4. Programming

tcl-argv with switch & while

I was trying to deciper someone else code. I'm just learning tcl. I was a litte confused about the $argv. I was thinking it would be only a certain value in argv..but if say someone give the switch -cell and -path_to_ezqb is it right to have the second one $argv??? while ($#argv > 0) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: carbuncle11
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write a scripts to kill idle user for 60 min. & email user list to admin in text file

Folks, I have written one script for following condition by referring some of online post in this forum. Please correct it if I'm missing something in it. (OS: AIX 5.3) List the idle user. (I used whoidle command to list first 15 user and get username, idle time, pid and login time).... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumit30
4 Replies

6. AIX

Switch Port Becoming Private & restricting access

Hello folks, I have an AIX server that is connected to a storage array via a Brocade switch using 4 ports from either side. The zoning is done such that there are 4 paths visible from the server to the storage. My work involves frequent disabling or enabling the switch ports that are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nkiran
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Scripting for Router, Switch & FW deviation

Hi, I have written a script for finding deviation for router,switch &fw. It is working fine on linux server. But when I try on sunos 5.10 OS it showing "grep: illegal option -- A". I have used grep -C and grep -A. How it will work on sunos? Help me out please !! (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: GautamSK
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kill an specific process ID using the KILL and GREP commands

Good afternoon I need to KILL a process in a single command sentence, for example: kill -9 `ps -aef | grep 'CAL255.4ge' | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}'` That sentence Kills the process ID corresponding to the program CAL255.4ge. However it is possible that the same program... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: enriquegm82
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is the use of "finger" command & how to use it to kill the online processes ?

Hi there, I am eager to know what exactly is the use of "finger" command & how to use it to kill the online processes ? :b: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhijitpaul0212
1 Replies
imsettings-switch(1)													      imsettings-switch(1)

NAME
imsettings-switch - Switch Input Method SYNOPSIS
imsettings-switch [ -hnqrx ] [ --no-update ] [ --quiet ] [ --restart ] [ --read-xinputrc ] [ --help ] [Input Method name | configuration filename] DESCRIPTION
imsettings-switch switches Input Method which is managed under imsettings. Either Input Method name or configuration filename are required unless --read-xinputrc option is specified to determine the target from $HOME/.config/imsettings/xinputrc or $xinputrcdir/xinputrc. OPTIONS
This program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. -n --no-update Do not update $HOME/imsettings/xinputrc. without this option, imsettings-switch will updates it with the targeted Input Method. -q --quiet Do not show any messages except errors. -r --restart Restart the given Input Method or one which is determined from xinputrc by --read-xinputrc option. -x --read-xinputrc Determine the targeted Input Method from $HOME/imsettings/xinputrc or $xinputrcdir/xinputrc if not available. -h --help Show summary of options Input Method name Switch Input Method to Input Method name. configuration filename Switch Input Method to configuration filename. SEE ALSO
imsettings-list(1) imsettings-reload(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Akira TAGOH <akira@tagoh.org> Apr 10, 2013 imsettings-switch(1)