Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash: Nested functions and including other scripts Post 302228910 by cfajohnson on Monday 25th of August 2008 06:18:43 PM
Old 08-25-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by FractalizeR
I have forgotten to add
execute
Code:
f-linsey install all

And the error I was talking about appears.
$ f-linsey install all
bash: f-linsey: command not found
$ ./f-linsey install all
bash: ./f-linsey: No such file or directory

Last edited by cfajohnson; 08-25-2008 at 07:24 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling functions in scripts directly

Hi, I have a menu driven script that does various tasks, I want to be able to call functions directly from within other unix scripts from my menu script. Is this possible? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: LiquidChild
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call C functions in shell scripts?

How can i call dynamic C functions in shell scripts? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: agarwal
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripts in ~/bin vs. functions in ~/.bashrc

Hi there, Anyone knows what would be the cons and pros of adding a script in ~/bin vs. a function in ~/.bashrc? I'm not sure how the system keeps tracks of some of the settings loaded in ~/.bashrc (like functions and aliases). Would I be right in thinking that this would all be loaded into... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: victorbrca
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

nested functions search

I want to write a shell script which traverses a cpp file. Suppose there is function fncn_name6 .. which is called by fncn_name5 which in turn called by fncn_name4 and so on .. in a single cpp class. ie fncn_name1 { fncn_name2 { fncn_name3 } { fncn_name4 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimatix
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing the Bash Scripts to Bourne Scripts:URGENT

Hi, I have to write a program to compute the checksums of files ./script.sh I wrote the program using bash and it took me forever since I am a beginner but it works very well. I'm getting so close to the deadline and I realised today that actually I have to use normal Bourne shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pgarg1989
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested if question BASH

Just started learning bash ,and I am confused with sintaksis line 16: syntax error near unexpected token `else' thanks #!/bin/bash echo -n "Enter: " read num if(($(echo ${#num}) == 0 )) then echo No arguments passed.Try again elif rem=$(echo $num | tr -d ) ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lio123
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested for loop in bash

Hi, How to use values in one for loop to other for loop. say "$sf_rel" variable has values "2011/W2 2011/G2" I want to use these values in inner for loop to process properly. $branch variable has G2 and 6 What is happening is outer for loop $i has 2011/W2 it is entering into inner... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan1
3 Replies

8. AIX

including netsnmp with rc scripts

Hi Admins, I have configured net-snmp with my aix 5.3 server. how to add the same in rc scripts,so that net-snmp will start automatically post server reboot. As per now , i have to start snmp manually after server reboot. Thanks in advance newaix (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: newaix
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Nested loop -bash

I am using the following nested loop for i in {1..3} do for y in {1..3} do if ; then echo P0${i}R${y}.fas mv P0${i}R${y}.fas P${i}R${y}.fas read -t 5 fi done done I was wondering if I can use a character such as * or ? instead of my second variable y. I tried R in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call functions from other scripts

i have a file that contains functions and i want the functions to be available in another script. of course, the ideal situation here would be to put the functions in the same script, but i dont own these scripts. so I have to call the functions file from a different script. how do i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies
LIBBASH(7)							  libbash Manual							LIBBASH(7)

NAME
libbash -- A bash shared libraries package. DESCRIPTION
libbash is a package that enables bash dynamic-like shared libraries. Actually its a tool for managing bash scripts whose functions you may want to load and use in scripts of your own. It contains a 'dynamic loader' for the shared libraries ( ldbash(1)), a configuration tool (ldbashconfig(8)), and some libraries. Using ldbash(1) you are able to load loadable bash libraries, such as getopts(1) and hashstash(1). A bash shared library that can be loaded using ldbash(1) must answer 4 requirments: 1. It must be installed in $LIBBASH_PREFIX/lib/bash (default is /usr/lib/bash). 2. It must contain a line that begins with '#EXPORT='. That line will contain (after the '=') a list of functions that the library exports. I.e. all the function that will be usable after loading that library will be listed in that line. 3. It must contain a line that begins with '#REQUIRE='. That line will contain (after the '=') a list of bash libraries that are required for our library. I.e. every bash library that is in use in our bash library must be listed there. 4. The library must be listed (For more information, see ldbashconfig(8)). Basic guidelines for writing library of your own: 1. Be aware, that your library will be actually sourced. So, basically, it should contain (i.e define) only functions. 2. Try to declare all variables intended for internal use as local. 3. Global variables and functions that are intended for internal use (i.e are not defined in '#EXPORT=') should begin with: __<library_name>_ For example, internal function myfoosort of hashstash library should be named as __hashstash_myfoosort This helps to avoid conflicts in global name space when using libraries that come from different vendors. 4. See html manual for full version of this guide. AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <ril@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), ldbashconfig(8), getopts(1), hashstash(1) colors(1) messages(1) urlcoding(1) locks(1) Linux Epoch Linux