Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed magic!
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed magic! Post 302228747 by Franklin52 on Monday 25th of August 2008 10:26:47 AM
Old 08-25-2008
Something like this?

Code:
sed 's/.*/&XPTO/' file > newfile

Regards

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Boot Magic 7

For a multi-boot setup (win2K, XP & SuSE) over 3 drives, where should Boot Magic be installed to? And does it matter which o/s installs it? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: onestepto
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

what is magic file ?

i am working under this sysytem SunOS sparc SUNW,UltraAX-i2 Some system on this server creates a file named like this. Elem_ee.xml.gz Elem_ee.xml.gz.magic In order to look into Elem_ee.xml.gz.magic, i first renamed Elem_ee.xml.gz.magic to Elem_ee.xml.gz and tried to unzip it. but returns... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: oppai
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Partion Magic problems.

Hiya people, A great big "HI" to everybody. I'm new to the Forum and now to my problem(s). I am about to partition my only 80GB HD and using the Partition Magic 8 software it looks fairly simple although here is my problem :- 1. Do I change the new partition to primary or logical? 2. Do I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Syndrome_00
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

magic.h

Where can I find #defines for filetypes like the ELF etc and the magic.h file? CAn anyone advice. Thanks in advance. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijlak
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

magic.h

Where can I find #defines for filetypes like the ELF etc and the magic.h file? CAn anyone advice. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vijlak
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

magic 8ball

when i use this code for the script of the magic 8ball, i get an error message and it always displays the sam answer. What am i doing wrong or what am i missing thanks #!/bin/sh #< Magic eight ball! # KW 26/11/04 # Requires "rand" echo "Enter \"q\" followed by return to quit" function... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamieMurry
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed magic

I want to become an expert @ using sed, but i do not have enough time... Atm I have a repository in my apt/sources.list but it is commented out since i do not want to install packages from it (backtrack repository) except the exploitdb package. I would like make a command, lets say... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: redsolja
5 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

I got a magic wand

My new magic wand just came. It looks great. Looking at it, it looks like it is carved by hand from a solid piece of wood. It could easily serve as a prop in a Harry Potter film. But it is actually a high tech appliance. A built-in accelerometer can detect how you are moving the wand. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed magic

Hello all, I have an inherited an old ugly script I'm trying to clean up a bit. What I am currently working on is a line like the following: Complication=" and ta.secID = 011222 and upper(ta.proc_ctrl_no) != 'IMPACT'";; I just want to combine a search for lines that begin with... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: blip42
5 Replies
CLIT(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   CLIT(1)

NAME
clit - program to manipulate Microsoft Reader .LIT files SYNOPSIS
1. clit [options] litfile.lit subdir/ 2. clit [options] oldfile.lit newfile.lit 3. clit [options] oldfile.lit newfile.lit inscription DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the clit command. ConvLIT is a program to convert Microsoft Reader format eBooks [LIT] into an open format. clit supports three modes of operation: 1. Explosion: expanding a LIT file into an OEBPS compliant package, that is the original XML / HTML source. 2. Downconverting: converts to DRM1 format, also known as sealing the LIT file. 3. Inscribing: similar to #2, this adds a label, or inscription, to the ebook to mark that it belongs to you. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, run the program without any arguments. -d Disable creating multiple subdirectories. -h Show summary of options. -k /path/to/keys.txt The DRM5 key file is assumed to be called keys.txt and located in the current directory. If not, use this option to instruct Con- vLIT where to find the key file. AUTHOR
ConvLIT was written by Dan A. Jackson <drs@convertlit.com>. This manual page was written by Joe Nahmias <jello@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). March 23, 2008 CLIT(1)