Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: RPM Package - Rollback
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers RPM Package - Rollback Post 302228691 by sydney2008 on Monday 25th of August 2008 08:34:49 AM
Old 08-25-2008
I think to rollback to a previous state, perform an rpm update with the --rollback option followed by a date/time specifier (the rollback is time-based because packages affect each other's configuration -- if you removed package a, then b, then c, and then rolled back only package a, the configuration could be broken). Some examples:
  • rpm -Uhv --rollback '9:00 am'
  • rpm -Uhv --rollback '4 hours ago'
  • rpm -Uhv --rollback 'december 25'
Repackaged files are stored in /var/spool/repackage.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

how to restore original package after uninstalling the upgraded package using rpm

have following package installed rpm -qa |grep ADMIN It will give the following package installed: ADMIN-4.0.0.1 Now I will upgrade the ADMIN package using the following command. rpm --upgrade ADMIN-4.1.0.1 It will upgrade the ADMIN packagge to ADMIN-4.1.0.1 Now I want that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
0 Replies

2. Ubuntu

Rpm package

Hi All, I just recently installed UBUNTU 2.6.24-16 and i installed my phone software which is a RPM package (it's a similiar package with MSN). The software called MXIE. I managed to install it successfully but i can't run the software. When i try to run it, i received... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: c00kie88
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find dependancies of .dstream package (Solaris) & .rpm package( linux)

Friends, Please let meknow, How we can find the dependancies of .dstream package & .rpm package before installation ? For AIX, We can use the inutoc . command to create the .toc file for the bff package, What about Solaris & Linux ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yb4779
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't install rpm package with --prefix in new path.Error: package is not relocatable

Hello, i have downloaded an rpm package "hadoop-0.20.205.0-1.amd64.rpm" in /usr/local/ directory. I'm trying to install the rpm package in a new path/location (/usr/local/hadoop-0.20.205), but i can't. I did: 1st try: Didn't work sudo rpm -i --prefix=/usr/local/hadoop-0.20.205... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g_p
1 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Problem when trying to remove a package using rpm command - error: package is not installed

Hello, i have installed a package by using the command sudo rpm -i filepackage.rpm package filepackage is already installed when i try to remove it, i get an error saying "is not installed": sudo rpm -e filepackage.rpm error: package filepackage is not installed How can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: g_p
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

I can't remove rpm package

Hello!, I can't remove a rpm package with rpm -e net-snmp Nothing happened, and the process returns D status when i see with ps aux | grep rpm. When i say "Nothing Happened", the terminal don't return any message, and not remove the package. What can I do to remove? Ps: I work with Red... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Douglas Ramalho
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Build Rpm package

Hi Everybody, I would like to know how to build an RPM package. Could you please let me know how to do it with the procedure. Regards, Mastan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mastansaheb
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Issue with rpm package

Hello I have Storage foundation 6.0 version to install in redhat 6.0, so while trying to install one of the application it say to install some dependencies packages so when i try to install the dependencies again it ask for the dependencies so its a lengthy process i say. so now can i get the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cyrus.ranjith
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Protected RPM package

Is there a way to create a protected RPM package without giving up your source code? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
2 Replies

10. AIX

Does not appear to be a RPM package

Hi Guys I got this error when I try to install perl-5.24.0-1.aix6.1.ppc.rpm package rpm -ivh perl-5.24.0-1.aix6.1.ppc.rpm error: perl-5.24.0-1.aix6.1.ppc.rpm does not appear to be a RPM package (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: khaled_ly84
4 Replies
ESMTPD(8)						      Double Precision, Inc.							 ESMTPD(8)

NAME
esmtpd - The Courier mail server mail server ESMTP daemon SYNOPSIS
esmtpd {start} esmtpd {stop} esmtpd {restart} esmtpd-msa {start} esmtpd-msa {stop} esmtpd-msa {restart} DESCRIPTION
The command "esmtpd start" runs couriertcpd in the background, listening on the SMTP port. couriertcpd will run courieresmtpd in response to connection requests. The command "esmtpd stop" stops the couriertcpd daemon, shutting down the ESMTP service. The command "esmtpd-msa start" starts the server on the message submission port, port 587. "esmtpd-msa stop" stops it. The difference between esmtpd and esmtpd-msa is that the latter is set up for additional processing as defined by RFC 2476 (mainly that the messages will have the Message-ID: and Date: headers added, by default). Normally, makesmtpaccess(8)[1] automatically runs "esmtpd restart", in order to reread the /etc/courier/smtpaccess.dat access file, so you don't have to do it manually, yourself. Similarly, makesmtpaccess-msa(8)[1] automatically runs esmtpd-msa restart FILES
/etc/courier/esmtpd This configuration file initializes various settings for courieresmtpd. /etc/courier/esmtpd-msa This configuration file initializes the settings for courieresmtpd when invoked by esmtpd-msa. Note that this file is used to override the settings /etc/courier/esmtpd. The command "esmtpd-msa start" first reads /etc/courier/esmtpd, then afterwards /etc/courier/esmtpd-msa. Any settings in esmtpd-msa override the corresponding settings in esmtpd SEE ALSO
couriertcpd(8)[2], makesmtpaccess(8)[1]. AUTHOR
Sam Varshavchik Author NOTES
1. makesmtpaccess(8) [set $man.base.url.for.relative.links]/makesmtpaccess.html 2. couriertcpd(8) [set $man.base.url.for.relative.links]/couriertcpd.html Courier Mail Server 08/30/2011 ESMTPD(8)