Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash: Nested functions and including other scripts Post 302228556 by FractalizeR on Monday 25th of August 2008 03:47:10 AM
Old 08-25-2008
Here is the source. I would appreciate if you will help me to get it working. I am starting to learn bash and this seem to be a good exercise for me.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling functions in scripts directly

Hi, I have a menu driven script that does various tasks, I want to be able to call functions directly from within other unix scripts from my menu script. Is this possible? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: LiquidChild
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call C functions in shell scripts?

How can i call dynamic C functions in shell scripts? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: agarwal
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripts in ~/bin vs. functions in ~/.bashrc

Hi there, Anyone knows what would be the cons and pros of adding a script in ~/bin vs. a function in ~/.bashrc? I'm not sure how the system keeps tracks of some of the settings loaded in ~/.bashrc (like functions and aliases). Would I be right in thinking that this would all be loaded into... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: victorbrca
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

nested functions search

I want to write a shell script which traverses a cpp file. Suppose there is function fncn_name6 .. which is called by fncn_name5 which in turn called by fncn_name4 and so on .. in a single cpp class. ie fncn_name1 { fncn_name2 { fncn_name3 } { fncn_name4 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimatix
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing the Bash Scripts to Bourne Scripts:URGENT

Hi, I have to write a program to compute the checksums of files ./script.sh I wrote the program using bash and it took me forever since I am a beginner but it works very well. I'm getting so close to the deadline and I realised today that actually I have to use normal Bourne shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pgarg1989
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested if question BASH

Just started learning bash ,and I am confused with sintaksis line 16: syntax error near unexpected token `else' thanks #!/bin/bash echo -n "Enter: " read num if(($(echo ${#num}) == 0 )) then echo No arguments passed.Try again elif rem=$(echo $num | tr -d ) ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lio123
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested for loop in bash

Hi, How to use values in one for loop to other for loop. say "$sf_rel" variable has values "2011/W2 2011/G2" I want to use these values in inner for loop to process properly. $branch variable has G2 and 6 What is happening is outer for loop $i has 2011/W2 it is entering into inner... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan1
3 Replies

8. AIX

including netsnmp with rc scripts

Hi Admins, I have configured net-snmp with my aix 5.3 server. how to add the same in rc scripts,so that net-snmp will start automatically post server reboot. As per now , i have to start snmp manually after server reboot. Thanks in advance newaix (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: newaix
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Nested loop -bash

I am using the following nested loop for i in {1..3} do for y in {1..3} do if ; then echo P0${i}R${y}.fas mv P0${i}R${y}.fas P${i}R${y}.fas read -t 5 fi done done I was wondering if I can use a character such as * or ? instead of my second variable y. I tried R in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call functions from other scripts

i have a file that contains functions and i want the functions to be available in another script. of course, the ideal situation here would be to put the functions in the same script, but i dont own these scripts. so I have to call the functions file from a different script. how do i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies
RBASH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RBASH(1)

NAME
rbash - restricted bash, see bash(1) RESTRICTED SHELL
If bash is started with the name rbash, or the -r option is supplied at invocation, the shell becomes restricted. A restricted shell is used to set up an environment more controlled than the standard shell. It behaves identically to bash with the exception that the follow- ing are disallowed or not performed: o changing directories with cd o setting or unsetting the values of SHELL, PATH, ENV, or BASH_ENV o specifying command names containing / o specifying a file name containing a / as an argument to the . builtin command o specifying a filename containing a slash as an argument to the -p option to the hash builtin command o importing function definitions from the shell environment at startup o parsing the value of SHELLOPTS from the shell environment at startup o redirecting output using the >, >|, <>, >&, &>, and >> redirection operators o using the exec builtin command to replace the shell with another command o adding or deleting builtin commands with the -f and -d options to the enable builtin command o using the enable builtin command to enable disabled shell builtins o specifying the -p option to the command builtin command o turning off restricted mode with set +r or set +o restricted. These restrictions are enforced after any startup files are read. When a command that is found to be a shell script is executed, rbash turns off any restrictions in the shell spawned to execute the script. SEE ALSO
bash(1) GNU Bash-4.0 2004 Apr 20 RBASH(1)