Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Purpose of empty Class
Top Forums Programming Purpose of empty Class Post 302228554 by sank on Monday 25th of August 2008 03:39:03 AM
Old 08-25-2008
It is used as a place holder in the initial phase of development.
I think you should look at the C++ annotations for the more detailed explanation as to why the above class should be valid.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find empty folders without using -empty

hi all: my solaris FIND does not support find myFolder -type d -empty how can i find the empty folders? thanks! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lasse
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting same exit status for empty and non empty file

Hi All, I am checking for a empty input file to do some further action , but I am getting exit status 0 in both the cases , for empty and non empty file both. The value of $? is coming 0 in if part also and else part too. #!/bin/ksh if ]; then echo "data" # exit 0 echo "$?" else... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mavesum
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

car class (not school class)

im just trying to have some fun and kill some time writing a c++ program that has a person type in a car make and model then gives them a year and a price. or something like that. i always have problems getting it goin but once the ball is rolling im usually pretty good. anyone wanna help me out? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rickym2626
1 Replies

4. Programming

C++ class definition with a member of the same class

Hi, i have a question about C++. Is it possible to declare a class with a member ot the same class? For example, a linked list or i want to convert this C code to C++ class (Elemento) typedef struct elemento { char name; char value; List<struct elemento> ltElementos; ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pogdorica
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Purpose of inv

Hi All Can anybody tell me what is the purpose of inv in the below command. ftp -inv $RFTPSERVER /temp/te.txt << EOF and << its stands for what.. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raju4u
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Purpose of <>

Hi, I have read from the book that , <> causes the file to be used as both input as well as output. Can anyone give me the scenario where <> will be useful? Thanks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
10 Replies

7. Programming

static use for class inside the same class c++

Hi, I believe the next code is wrong: class Egg { Egg e; int i; Egg(int ii=0) : i(ii) {} }; because you would end up with an endless definition (memory allocation) of Egg objects, thus int i. Ok, so God Eckel proposes for a singleton: class Egg { static Egg e; int... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xavipoes
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Get pointer for existing device class (struct class) in Linux kernel module

Hi all! I am trying to register a device in an existing device class, but I am having trouble getting the pointer to an existing class. I can create a class in a module, get the pointer to it and then use it to register the device with: *cl = class_create(THIS_MODULE, className);... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hdaniel@ualg.pt
0 Replies

9. Programming

Size of Derived class, upon virtual base class inheritance

I have the two class definition as follows. class A { public: int a; }; class B : virtual public A{ }; The size of class A is shown as 4, and size of class B is shown as 16. Why is this effect ?. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: techmonk
2 Replies

10. Programming

C++ : Base class member function not accessible from derived class

Hello All, I am a learner in C++. I was testing my inheritance knowledge with following piece of code. #include <iostream> using namespace std; class base { public : void display() { cout << "In base display()" << endl; } void display(int k) {... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand.shah
2 Replies
Class::Mix(3pm) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   Class::Mix(3pm)

NAME
Class::Mix - dynamic class mixing SYNOPSIS
use Class::Mix qw(mix_class); $foobar_object = mix_class("Foo", "Bar")->new; use Class::Mix qw(genpkg); $package = genpkg; $package = genpkg("Digest::Foo::"); DESCRIPTION
The "mix_class" function provided by this module dynamically generates `anonymous' classes with specified inheritance. FUNCTIONS
mix_class(CLASSES ...) This function is used to dynamically generate `anonymous' classes by mixing pre-existing classes. This is useful where an incomplete class requires use of a mixin in order to become instantiable, several suitable mixins are available, and it is desired to make the choice between mixins at runtime. The function takes as its argument list the desired @ISA list of the mixture class to be created; that is, a list of names of classes to inherit from. It generates a class with the specified inheritance, and returns its name. The same class will be returned by repeated invocations with the same class list. The returned name may be used to call a constructor or other class methods of the mixed class. A class name must be returned because there is no such thing as an anonymous class in Perl. Classes are referenced by name. The names that are generated by this function are unique and insignificant. See "genpkg" below for more information. If fewer than two classes to inherit from are specified, the function does not bother to generate a new class. If only one class is specified then that class is returned. If no classes are specified then "UNIVERSAL" is returned. This provides the desired inheritance without creating superfluous classes. This function relies on the classes it returns remaining unmodified in order to be returned by future invocations. If you want to modify your dynamically-generated `anonymous' classes, use "genpkg" (below). genpkg([PREFIX]) This function selects and returns a package name that has not been previously used. The name returned is an ordinary bareword-form package name, and can be used as the second argument to "bless" and in all other ways that package names are used. The package is initially empty. The package names returned by this function are of a type that should not be used as ordinary fixed module names. However, it is not possible to entirely prevent a clash. This function checks that the package name it is about to return has not already been used, and will avoid returning such names, but it cannot guarantee that a later-loaded module will not create a clash. PREFIX, if present, specifies where the resulting package will go. It must be either the empty string (to create a top-level package) or a bareword followed by "::" (to create a package under that name). For example, "Digest::" could be specified to ensure that the resulting package has a name starting with "Digest::", so that "Digest->new" will accept it as the name of a message digest algorithm. SEE ALSO
Class::Generate AUTHOR
Andrew Main (Zefram) <zefram@fysh.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004, 2006, 2009 Andrew Main (Zefram) <zefram@fysh.org> LICENSE
This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2010-03-24 Class::Mix(3pm)