Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions ssh client and Windows remote Desktop Post 302228448 by habuzahra on Sunday 24th of August 2008 01:55:39 PM
Old 08-24-2008
ssh client and Windows remote Desktop

Dear All ,
I want to Access my office computer form the home.

The enviourment is like the following :
1- From my home I connect for the office via VPN connection to Unix server lets say it's IP is 11.11.11.11 and till now every thing is OK and I can access the machine normally .

2- In my computer which is windows XP SP2 I installed an ssh client (MOBA) which allow me to connect to the remote desktop . the IP of my computer office is
10.0.15.37 notice that the port that should be open on this machine is 22

Now form the unix shell I run the following command to connect to the ssh client on my office computer
/usr/local/bin/ssh -g -L 2211:localhost:3389 administrator@10.0.15.37
and I connected successfully

now the Main question is that when I try to connect the remote desktop from my home with the following IP 10.0.15.37 I get an error message which said that the computer you are trying to connect is not connected to the network

I configure putty like this in the Tunnel section in port forwarding I add the following :

L2211 localhost:2211
L2211 10.0.15.37:2211
L3389 10.0.15.37:2211
L3389 localhost:2211

and it's not working

Please I need help to configure my putty and connect form the Remote desktop to the office machine .

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

title bar manipulation in F-Secure SSH Client for Windows

Hello All, I was wondering if the titlebar in "F-Secure SSH Client for Windows" is changeable. Currently I see the host name in the title bar. I would like to add "user@host" to the title. So when I log on to a particular box and do a ssh to another box the title should dynamically... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssikhar
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

view remote linux desktop on my windows machine

Hi, is there anyway i can view a remote linux desktop on my windows desktop? i am aware that X11 can see 'certain screens'. For eg if i type 'xclock &' and i have a client running on my windows, i can see the clock. If i am interested to see the entire desktop of my linux, how can i do it? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ssh to see remote desktop gui

Hey, how do I access the desktop gui for a remote fedora box? $ ssh user@ip $ xinit Fatal server error: Server is already active for display 0 If this server is no longer running, remove /tmp/.X0-lock and start again. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JustinT
1 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

ssh: sending password from windows client

Hi. My workstation is Windows. I use putty to connect to unix servers. The problem is that i'm doing it many times a day and each time i need to supply password. I have no control on ssh configuration on servers, because of account restrictions. So i can't use key authentication, how is suggested... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kukuruku
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is it possible for a server to be both a remote and client SSH host?

Hi, Not sure if this is possible, I have a server (SERVER1) that is currently set up as a remote SSH host. My client SSH host (SERVER2) is connecting to SERVER1 to scp a file with no password. I now have a need to set up a third server (SERVER3) as a remote SSH host and I need SERVER1 as a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tatchel
4 Replies

6. AIX

ssh login from windows client

I am a new user and i wish to connect to a unix(AIX) server from a windows client using ssh.A detailed solution would be highly appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajayb3004
1 Replies

7. Linux

Help!! trying to connect to linux SSH from windows putty client

Hi, i am trying to connect my Putty session on a windows box to a linux SSH, i have generated private and public key pairs using puttygen, i have set the public one to be in an OPENSSH format... and have put this in my authorized_keys file in linux, when i connect i get the following errors: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jtyreman
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Issues with passwordless sftp2 from windows to Linux using F-Secure SSH Client

Hi, I am facing problems whie trying to do a passwordless ssh to Unix box from windows. Public key was generated using F-secure. When the F-secure client attempts it connects without password but when I try to use sftp2 in command line it prompts for password. I have tried several options and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhrajj
0 Replies

9. IP Networking

Unable to SSH from Windows client to Ubuntu Server

I'm trying to setup a small home network environment as a pet project. These are physical machines nothing virtual. Any help or ideas is greatly appreciated. I can ping between both machines and I have Samba established and can read/write different shares. When I try to SSH from Windows 8.1... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: lombardi4851
10 Replies

10. AIX

Need to remote control client's ssh session

Is there a way that I can remotely control a user's ssh session so I can see what they are doing and walk them through the problem they are having on my AIX based application? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: De@nneG
2 Replies
CHFN(1) 							   User Commands							   CHFN(1)

NAME
chfn - change your finger information SYNOPSIS
chfn [-f full-name] [-o office] ,RB [ -p office-phone] [-h home-phone] -u] [-v] [username] DESCRIPTION
chfn is used to change your finger information. This information is stored in the /etc/passwd file, and is displayed by the finger pro- gram. The Linux finger command will display four pieces of information that can be changed by chfn: your real name, your work room and phone, and your home phone. chfn is used to change local entries only. Use ypchfn, lchfn or any other implementation for non-local entries. COMMAND LINE Any of the four pieces of information can be specified on the command line. If no information is given on the command line, chfn enters interactive mode. INTERACTIVE MODE In interactive mode, chfn will prompt for each field. At a prompt, you can enter the new information, or just press return to leave the field unchanged. Enter the keyword "none" to make the field blank. OPTIONS
-f, --full-name full-name Specify your real name. -o, --office office Specify your office room number. -p, --office-phone office-phone Specify your office phone number. -h, --home-phone home-phone Specify your home phone number. -u, --help Print a usage message and exit. -v, --version Print version information and exit. EXIT STATUS
Returns 0 if operation was successful, 1 if operation failed or command syntax was not valid. SEE ALSO
finger(1), passwd(5) AUTHOR
Salvatore Valente <svalente@mit.edu> AVAILABILITY
The chfn command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux July 2009 CHFN(1)