Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting simple socket programming in perl Post 302228253 by jim mcnamara on Saturday 23rd of August 2008 05:31:57 PM
Old 08-23-2008
IO::select is also a standard unix sockets approach.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Socket programming

Suppose i am writing a C program which is going to use Socket calls. I want to use a Unix port for my Socket. How can i determine a port which is not already in use? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nadeem Mistry
1 Replies

2. Programming

Socket Programming socket

Hello, I actually try to make client-server program. I'm using SCO OpenServer Release 5.0.0 and when I try to compile my code (by TELNET) I've got this error : I'm just using this simple code : and I get the same error if I use : If someone can help me, Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soshell
2 Replies

3. Programming

Need Help Regarding Socket Programming

Can anyone plz me. I need a sample code for the following description. Its urgent. It is C/Socket program with the following descriptions: NAME coreadServer - Concurrent Readers Server. coreadClient - Concurrent Readers Client. SYNOPSIS coreadServer <OutputFile> coreadClient <n>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: priya.vmr
1 Replies

4. Programming

help regarding socket programming

i m using sockets for setting up a connection between a server and a client. When the clients gets connected to the server, its ip is conveyed to the server through one of the predefined structures in c library... i save this ip address in an array....1st client's ip address goes to the zeroth... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abmxla007
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

socket programming

Hi, I am trying to connect to more than 60 servers to perform some actions remotely. for this I am using ssh2. But its taking lot of time. Though i am running the command in background, still its taking long time to execute.. Any one let me know can we use sockets instead of ssh2 for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pvamsikr
3 Replies

6. Programming

Help with socket programming in C

hi guys i got this code trying to make connection between the server and multi clients but when i do ./server i got message server waiting then when i run ./client it says client 1 nosuch file i dont know whats that should i use any argument plz help how to compile and run and whats the expected... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kedah160
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hi i need help with socket programming

in socket programming how can i : Create for example 3 blank files, namely: server, client, network •Server: act as servers/provider, will receive all requests from different client •Client: requesters •Network: middle-layer of communication between server & client any tips or... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

8. Programming

help with socket programming in c

i'm doing a simple program in socket programming on c i have server that can handle 2clients in a single machine i'm running ubuntu linux so i got it work but the probelm when clients send a message the server will echo it but i cant distinguish which client send the message client 1 or client... (7 Replies)
7 Replies

9. Programming

socket programming

how to include socket.h in visual studio 2005.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asd123
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Socket Programming in Perl

Hi All I am getting an error when using the below code Receiver use IO::Socket; $sock = new IO::Socket::INET (LocalHost => 'goldengate', LocalPort => 1200, Proto => 'tcp', Listen => 5, Reuse => 1 ); die "Socket could not be created. Reason: $!" unless $sock; while ($new_sock =... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
5 Replies
dbus-cleanup-sockets(1) 				      General Commands Manual					   dbus-cleanup-sockets(1)

NAME
dbus-cleanup-sockets - clean up leftover sockets in a directory SYNOPSIS
dbus-cleanup-sockets [DIRECTORY] DESCRIPTION
The dbus-cleanup-sockets command cleans up unused D-Bus connection sockets. See http://www.freedesktop.org/software/dbus/ for more informa- tion about the big picture. If given no arguments, dbus-cleanup-sockets cleans up sockets in the standard default socket directory for the per-user-login-session mes- sage bus; this is usually /tmp. Optionally, you can pass a different directory on the command line. On Linux, this program is essentially useless, because D-Bus defaults to using "abstract sockets" that exist only in memory and don't have a corresponding file in /tmp. On most other flavors of UNIX, it's possible for the socket files to leak when programs using D-Bus exit abnormally or without closing their D-Bus connections. Thus, it might be interesting to run dbus-cleanup-sockets in a cron job to mop up any leaked sockets. Or you can just ignore the leaked sockets, they aren't really hurting anything, other than cluttering the output of "ls /tmp" AUTHOR
dbus-cleanup-sockets was adapted by Havoc Pennington from linc-cleanup-sockets written by Michael Meeks. BUGS
Please send bug reports to the D-Bus mailing list or bug tracker, see http://www.freedesktop.org/software/dbus/ dbus-cleanup-sockets(1)