Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: nmon integration with BMC
Operating Systems AIX nmon integration with BMC Post 302227935 by Futura on Friday 22nd of August 2008 09:19:39 AM
Old 08-22-2008
nmon integration with BMC

Hello,

My field is operations monitoring and this is the first time I am looking into server monitoring, so apologies if I ask stupid questions.

I would like to know if it is possible to integrate nmon with BMC patrol, i.e. feeding metrics/events from nmon into BMC patrol?

Thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Another NMON

Anyone ever experienced a core dump when running NMON. I am running AIX 5.3 on an 8 CPU LPAR (P570). This has only recently started to happen. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnf
3 Replies

2. AIX

nmon

Can any one help where i can find articals about nomn I need to know how to read this tools ┌─CPU-Utilisation-Small-View───────────────────────────────────────────────────┐ │ 0----------25-----------50----------75----------100│ │CPU User% Sys% Wait% Idle%| ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: habuzahra
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Version of BMC Patrol???

How can you determine the version/level of BMC on a given Solaris server? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpeery
3 Replies

4. AIX

Nmon

HI Im new on this world. Im working with nmon and I understand that this tool generates a files that later with excel I can see the graphcial of my server. The problem is that this process is execute manualy and I need to meake automatic. How can I do That. Sorry for my english!! :o (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegtoro
3 Replies

5. AIX

Nmon tool

Hi All, I have a p550 server with 4 proc. But when i run nmon analyzer in cpu_sum it show 5 processors cpu0 cpu1 cpu2 cpu3 cpu4. Why it is showing 5 processors. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjm
6 Replies

6. AIX

need help on NMON in AIX

HI, I have downloaded nmon 3.3c nmon analyzer, and run the command on aix ./nmon -f After that I have terminated the process and found .nmon file. when i have tried to open that file in nmon analyzer i.e in excel I am getting the error "no valid input data nmon run may have failed" ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
8 Replies

7. Red Hat

NMON for RHEL45 WS

Hi guys, as per subject i am setting up NMON for the above OS but it is 64-bit Linux. I downloaded the 32-bit NMON for RHEL45 as it is the only one available for RHEL45. However, I ran into problem with the binary file. # ./nmon_x86_rhel45 ./nmon_x86_rhel45: error while loading shared... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrivesMeCrazy
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can nmon be customized?

Hi, my name is Steve Ngai from Malaysia. This is my first post. Hope to learn more about Unix from this forum. My first question is can nmon be customized? When I run nmon, I need to manually type c to see CPU usage, then m for memory usage. Can I pass it some nmon option to automatically see... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ngaisteve1
2 Replies

9. Solaris

BMC device

Hi All, Can some one say what is an BMC device in solaris, and how does it help. Thanks in advance:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravijanjanam12
1 Replies

10. AIX

BMC package and ingeneral all packages in AIX (Similar to pkginfo in Linux)

Hi , I want to know is there any command in AIX similar to pkginfo ? that shows details of all packages installed and we can grep whatever we need to check? Thanks Rafi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafi49
2 Replies
LWP::Debug(3pm) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   LWP::Debug(3pm)

NAME
LWP::Debug - deprecated DESCRIPTION
LWP::Debug used to provide tracing facilities, but these are not used by LWP any more. The code in this module is kept around (undocumented) so that 3rd party code that happen to use the old interfaces continue to run. One useful feature that LWP::Debug provided (in an imprecise and troublesome way) was network traffic monitoring. The following section provide some hints about recommened replacements. Network traffic monitoring The best way to monitor the network traffic that LWP generates is to use an external TCP monitoring program. The Wireshark program (<http://www.wireshark.org/>) is higly recommended for this. Another approach it to use a debugging HTTP proxy server and make LWP direct all its traffic via this one. Call "$ua->proxy" to set it up and then just use LWP as before. For less precise monitoring needs just setting up a few simple handlers might do. The following example sets up handlers to dump the request and response objects that pass through LWP: use LWP::UserAgent; $ua = LWP::UserAgent->new; $ua->default_header('Accept-Encoding' => scalar HTTP::Message::decodable()); $ua->add_handler("request_send", sub { shift->dump; return }); $ua->add_handler("response_done", sub { shift->dump; return }); $ua->get("http://www.example.com"); SEE ALSO
LWP::UserAgent perl v5.14.2 2012-01-14 LWP::Debug(3pm)