Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Clean directories by reading from file Post 302227910 by jim mcnamara on Friday 22nd of August 2008 07:40:21 AM
Old 08-22-2008
a start
Code:
while read value
do
     eval $value
done < file
for ext in $(echo $extn1 | tr -s ',' ' ')
do
     find $directory1 -mtime -$purgedays1 -name \*."$ext" -exec rm -f  {} \;
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clean file in single action

What one finds challenging another finds simple... (HPUX B.11.11) I have a text file named something like 12345.dst that could look like this: DOG CAT NONE TEST CAT What I want to end up with is 12345.dst looking like this: CAT DOG TEST removing "NONE" should it be there and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: djp
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Clean Text File

HI, I have a file which comes from crystal reports in the below format. I need to clean the file so that i will only have the columns(deptid,empid,ename,sal) and the data below the column names. There is a bug in the repoting tool( we only see page1-1 for every department).The rundate change... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kris01752
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Clean File

BeginDate 07/01/06 End: 07/31/06 Cust: A02991 - Burnham 0002000 5,829,773 145.3 0009701 4,043,850 267.3 2005000 286,785.13 100.0 BeginDate 07/01/06 End: 07/31/06 Cust: A01239 - East Track PSE Index A 0009902 317,356.82 890.2 0020021 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kris01752
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with complicated script (reading directories, extracting data)

Hi, people. I was searching script tutorials/examples and found this forum, and thought to ask for help, because there seems to be many wise people here. (Try to bare with me, I'm a Windows user, so this stuff is somewhat strange to me, OK? :rolleyes: ) Anyways, I need to create a script that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gill Bates
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to clean up file system

Hi, Has anyone ever encountered the following scenario: I am working on a SUN server with solaris 10 installed and veritas managing the filesystem. One of the file systems has become full: df -kh /ossrc/dbdumps Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: eeidel
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command to clean up file systems

As you will verify, I am a really naive user of AIX 5.1. As such I wonder if you could possibly let me know of a command or procedure I could use to automatically, globally and safely, remove all useless files from my machine. I'm not referring to my own files because I perfectly know which of them... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahjchr
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading only first record from the multipe directories

Hi All, I have a requirement, I had a parent directory Land under that we have sub directories Yesterday, Today and Tommorrow And we have a file test.txt under the above directories Yesterday, Today and Tommorrow The data in the file test.txt under Yesterday folder is ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: somu_june
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SOLVED] help clean up file movement script

Hello Group, Once again another script hacked together from a few sources to try and suit my needs. This is to go through a /temp directory and for each ls entry ask which Dir of three I want it sorted. The script works but there are a few behaviors that are odd so I figured I'd ask for help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dpreviti
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading filename in nested directories

Hi all, I have some directory structure as $ls -ltr drwxr-xr-x 1 mscprod us_msc 512 May 10 08:34 650 drwxr-xr-x 1 mscprod us_msc 512 May 10 08:51 652 drwxr-xr-x 1 mscprod us_msc 512 May 10 08:51 640 drwxr-xr-x 1 mscprod us_msc512 May 10 09:13 654 $ cd 650/ $ls fileabc.root and within... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading multiple directories and file from them

Hello I'm making script for Dallas temperature sensors (DS1820). When a sensor is connected, it shows up as a directory in /sys/bus/w1/devices in format 10-xxxxxxx. Inside the directory is a file called w1_slave which holds the temperature in format t=xxxxx. Each sensor has unique... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Klipeti
2 Replies
DH_XUL-EXT(1)						     mozilla-devscripts suite						     DH_XUL-EXT(1)

NAME
dh_xul-ext - calculate XUL extension dependencies SYNOPSIS
dh_xul-ext [options] DESCRIPTION
dh_xul-ext is a helper tool for packaging XUL extensions. It calculates the supported XUL applications for the packages that contain an install.rdf file. It will set the substitution variables xpi:Depends, xpi:Recommends, xpi:Breaks, xpi:Enhances, and xpi:Provides. Unknown options will be ignored. OPTIONS
-h, --help Display a brief help message. -a, --all Expand substvars to all known XUL applications. If this parameter is not provided, substvars will only be expanded to the XUL appli- cations that are available on your distribution. Use this parameter if you want to create a package that can be installed on all Debian-based systems without recompiling. -p package, --package=package Calcalate the substvars only for the specified package. If this parameter is not provided, all package listed in the control file will be processed. -v, --verbose Print more information. ENVIRONMENT
DH_XUL_EXT_VENDOR The vendor (for example, Debian or Ubuntu) that should be used for calculating the dependencies. dpkg-vendor(1) will be used for determining the vendor if this environment variable is not set. Setting the variable to all will have the same effect than calling dh_xul-ext with --all. AUTHOR
Benjamin Drung <bdrung@debian.org> dh_xul-ext October 2011 DH_XUL-EXT(1)