Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to check disk broken
Operating Systems Solaris How to check disk broken Post 302227733 by incredible on Thursday 21st of August 2008 11:33:21 PM
Old 08-22-2008
please post the output of iostat -En, format, uname -a, df -k, grep -i warn /var/adm/messages

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

check disk

How I do to check disk not use in my server. Sun Solaris 2.8 df -k du |sort -rn But I want check disk and analyse a file system not used. Thanks for reply. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chris_carmo
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help with disk check script

I wrote a script that checks particular device path directory which is full or more than 90% used, and will search older file inside and delete it. My code looks like this: #!/usr/bin/ksh ref=90 df -k | grep /cbmdata/00/gdd | tr -d '%' | \ while read a b c d e other do if (( $e >= $ref... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: xramm
4 Replies

3. Debian

./configure is broken - /lib/cpp fails sanity check

Hi, I first wanted to install my NIC drivers but it said: Makefile:62: *** Linux kernel source not found. Stop. So I installed the kernel source: linux-source-2.6.18_2.6.18.dfsg.1-13etch5_all.deb 1) cd /usr/src 2) -xjvf linux-source.2.6.18.extension (forget what it was) 3) ln -s... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Virtuality
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to check disk space

Hi All, pls go thru the below code and help me. when i check "df -k" in my solaris system .. it will show like below.. fd 0 0 0 0% /dev/fd /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s3 20171281 2319266 17650303 12% /var /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s4 10085260 443854... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve2216
15 Replies

5. Solaris

hard disk broken, relocate user's home dir. All setting missing

Hi, guys I am a super newbie in solaris admin.... Now I got a problem. Due to the broken of one of Raid system, some user home directory is missing. Someone advises me to relocate the home directory on the new drive. I have googled and have tried " usermode -d " command. But I found a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr_dw
3 Replies

6. Solaris

PING broken check

Dear All, Required a script which will check the PING response from my source file(tmp/PingStatus.txt) containing the hostnames. If ping response is not responding(i.e when hostname is not alive) then this cmd to be executed : opcmsg object=PING a=OS msg_grp=win-ping severity=critical... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjoshi87
20 Replies

7. Solaris

How to check disk io

Hi, How to check disk io mount pointwise? I am working as Oracle DBA and want to check disk io as per mount point for adding new datafiles in tablesapce or change my redolog files to lowest disk I/O mount point. My all mount points are like /data1, /data2, /data3 ,,,,,. Can somebody tell me how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahul_switch
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Broken system disk - mount a zfs backup fs

I have installed Solaris 11 Express on my machine. I have made a script which would take snapshots of all the rpool filesystems every day and send them to a (local) hard drive. There is a zpool on that drive called backup. Now in case of a system failure, I will act according to a manual on the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RychnD
1 Replies

9. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

LVM recovery, Hard disk broken

Hi I am new on your forum, because I need some help. I have a server with debian and proxmox 2. The HardDisk is broken. I am in rescue mode, and I can't mount LVM partition to recover my backups. What I've already done : # fdisk -l Disk /dev/sda: 2000.4 GB, 2000398934016 bytes 255... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pppplu
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Sun Fire v440 Hard disk or controller broken? WARNING: /pci@1f,700000/scsi@2/sd@0,0 (sd1)

Hi, I have a Sun Fire V440 server that fails to boot up correctly. A lot of services are not started and the sytems acts really slow to commands. During boot I can see the following Error: WARNING: /pci@1f,700000/scsi@2/sd@0,0 (sd1): SCSI transport failed: reason 'reset': retrying... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: oliwei
15 Replies
warn.conf(4)							   File Formats 						      warn.conf(4)

NAME
warn.conf - Kerberos warning configuration file SYNOPSIS
/etc/krb5/warn.conf DESCRIPTION
The warn.conf file contains configuration information specifying how users will be warned by the ktkt_warnd daemon about ticket expiration on a Kerberos client. Credential expiration warnings are sent, by means of syslog, to auth.notice. All other warning messages are sent to daemon.notice. Each Kerberos client host must have a warn.conf file in order for users on that host to get Kerberos warnings from the client. Entries in the warn.conf file must have the following format: principal syslog | terminal | mail time [email_address] principal Specifies the principal name to be warned. The asterisk (*) wildcard can be used to specify groups of principals. syslog Sends the warnings to the system's syslog. Depending on the /etc/syslog.conf file, syslog entries are written to the /var/adm/messages file and/or displayed on the terminal. terminal Sends the warnings to display on the terminal. mail Sends the warnings as email to the address specified by email_address. time Specifies how much time before the TGT expires when a warning should be sent. The default time value is seconds, but you can specify h (hours) and m (minutes) after the number to specify other time values. email_address Specifies the email address at which to send the warnings. This field must be specified only with the mail field. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Specifying warnings The following warn.conf entry * syslog 5m specifies that warnings will be sent to the syslog five minutes before the expiration of the TGT for all principals. The form of the mes- sage is: jdb@ACME.COM: your kerberos credentials expire in 5 minutes FILES
/usr/lib/krb5/ktkt_warnd Kerberos warning daemon SEE ALSO
ktkt_warnd(1M), syslog.conf(4), SEAM(5) SunOS 5.10 22 Apr 2003 warn.conf(4)