Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting capturing C++ binary return status in perl Post 302227716 by kotasateesh on Thursday 21st of August 2008 09:39:04 PM
Old 08-21-2008
capturing C++ binary return status in perl

Hello,
I have a C++ binary that runs in my perl script. But, Currently, the binary is doing a core dump and i want to capture the retrun status of the binary to report as an issue.
Can you please help me on this.

Thanks,
Sateesh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Return status...

Hello there! Here is my problem. I hope I can get some help about it. I need to know how can I get the return code of an application in the Unix shell script. The script is like below: PREVIOUS STATEMENT & VARIABLES sqlplus scott/tiger @$sqldir/$sqlscript NEXT STATEMENT (Like... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shaz
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

capturing exit status ($?) in subshell ??

I am trying to capture the exit status of a parent shell in a subshell. I am using the trap .. Exit command in the subshell I cant use the export command in the parent shell to to export a variable with the exit status to the subshell. I would have tooooo many parent shells to change. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bob Bannon
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing last command execution status in a script.

How to capture output or numeric part given by $? command into the variable? If I go for var=`$?` then $var is found empty. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: videsh77
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

capturing C++ binary return status in perl

Hello, I have a C++ binary that runs in my perl script. But, Currently, the binary is doing a core dump and i want to capture the retrun status of the binary to report as an issue. Can you please help me on this. Thanks, Sateesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kotasateesh
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing the exit status of the script running in background

Hi All, I have a scenario where I am executing some child shell scripts in background (using &)through a master parent script. Is there a way I can capture the exit status of each individual child script after the execution is completed. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paragkalra
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search for string and return binary result?

Hi, I have a problem that I am sure someone will know the answer to. Currently I have a script which returns a binary output if it finds a certain search string (in this case relating to a DRBD cluster) as follows: searchstring="cs:Connected st:Primary/Secondary ds:UpToDate/UpToDate" && echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: almightybunghol
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

search 32 bit binary for the 1's and return a 1 to the placeholder variable

Folks , I have a korn shell script that i have written for assembly, the variable that is a final result is returning hexadecimal, now the value is to be converted to binary and return the place holder in the binary that has a 1 in its place and send it to a variable assigned for the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: venu
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Return Status

Hi can you explain me, what does variables $@ and $* return and how are they used, if can give me a sample example it could be helpful. Thanks in advance, Regards, Abhishek S. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhisheksunkari
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Returning and capturing multiple return values from a function

Hi I am pretty confused in returning and capturing multiple values i have defined a function which should return values "total, difference" i have used as #!/usr/bin/ksh calc() { total=$1+$2 echo "$total" diff=$2-$1 echo "$diff" } I have invoked this function as calc 5 8 Now i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing the return code from background process

Hi All, I was out not working on unix from quite sometime and came back recently. I would really appreciate a help on one of the issue I am facing.... I am trying to kick off the CodeNameProcess.sh in PARALLEL for all the available codes. The script runs fine in parallel. Let say there are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkumar28
1 Replies
service(8)						      System Manager's Manual							service(8)

NAME
service - run a System V init script SYNOPSIS
service SCRIPT COMMAND [OPTIONS] service --status-all service --help | -h | --version DESCRIPTION
service runs a System V init script in as predictable an environment as possible, removing most environment variables and with the current working directory set to /. The SCRIPT parameter specifies a System V init script, located in /etc/init.d/SCRIPT. The supported values of COMMAND depend on the invoked script. service passes COMMAND and OPTIONS to the init script unmodified. All scripts should support at least the start and stop commands. As a special case, if COMMAND is --full-restart, the script is run twice, first with the stop command, then with the start com- mand. service --status-all runs all init scripts, in alphabetical order, with the status command. EXIT CODES
service calls the init script and returns the status returned by it. FILES
/etc/init.d The directory containing System V init scripts. ENVIRONMENT
LANG, TERM The only environment variables passed to the init scripts. SEE ALSO
/etc/init.d/skeleton, update-rc.d(8), init(8), invoke-rc.d(8). Jan 2006 service(8)