Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl and Net::LDAP, objects and arrays query Post 302227639 by mikie on Thursday 21st of August 2008 04:57:44 PM
Old 08-21-2008
Hey buffoonix

Thanks for the effort. I've been scouring the POD all day Smilie Like, I say, I'm not a programmer so this is all tough to take in but I guess that is half the fun.

Thanks for the tip on the Perl debugger; that's very helpful and I'll give that a try together with the POD and maybe I'll come up trumps with it.

Thanks,
Mike

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

New to Perl-LDAP

Hi all I am new to perl-ldap. Trying to install DBD module on sun solaris which has the iplanet51 ldap already installed. I have got the DBD-LDAP-0.03.tar file , and un packed it. From the dir DBD-LDAP-0.03 - i tried to do $ perl Makefile.PL and i got the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushi
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

LDAP search query help

I would like to do an ldap search which looks for entries which do not actually have a certain attribute. Not that the attribute is Null, but where the attribute does not exist. Is this possible using ldapsearch? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dopple
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Net-SNMP v5.4 - sub-id not found in log, but can query with snmpget and snmpwalk

Hi everyone, I'm configuring Net-SNMP v5.4 on Solaris 10, sending traps to OpenNMS 1.2.9-0.20061212.0. I'm setting up disk monitoring (% of space free) for 5 directories. Here's what I'm working with: (snmpd.conf - disk and monitoring portions) # # Disk Usage monitoring: # disk / 20%... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mariognarly
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL: Replace multiple objects within a string

looking to replace parameters within a string with an external answer - with multiple replacements within a string %% will be used to wrap the objects to be replaced i.e. hello %%title%% %%user%% from %%address%% you last %%action%% on %%object%% the params will be used to make calls to a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bidbrooken
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Awk - query about arrays

Hello again, I have example config file with two arrays: tab1="name1 surname1" tab1="name2 surname2" tab1="name3 surname3" tab2="First" tab2="Second"and csv file: "aaaaa","surname1","name1","ddddd,eeeee","ffffff","ggggg","3","2012/02/22 12:25:21","2012/02/22... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: haczyk
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl - return an object from subroutine - Net::LDAP

Hi all, I'm not even sure a person can do this in perl, seems like you should be able to though. Here's the error IO::Socket::INET: connect: Operation now in progress at server_search.pl line 256, <DATA> line 466. Here's the perl code... sub ldap_new{ $nl = Net::LDAP->new( "$_" ) or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jtollefson
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ldap search query

Hi All, I have a existing Ldap query which take a HOME as variable and gives the result where i grep for a particular line. ldapsearch -h server_domain_name -p 389 -D "uid=user,ou=appadm,o=ent" -w PaB -b "ou=roles,o=ent" "cidx=$HOME" | grep -w "ent: xyz" Now i have 330K Homes in a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: posner
1 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

LDAP and AD Authentication Query

Hi Friends, I have below scenarios . dom1.test.com - LDAP dom2.test.com - AD Requirement is establish a trust relation between LDAP and AD server in such a way that if any user login on LDAP managed authentication server with dom1\username -> get authenticated by LDAP host ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirishlnx
2 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

LDAP Group query

I need to write LDAP group query where I need to find if a particular user is a member of a 2 specific Groups. This is LDAP Novell edirectory implementation. Below are the details - ================ LDIF entry for OndotAPI group dn: cn=OndotAPI,ou=Groups,o=CNS changetype: add ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhamaks
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

LDAP Query - host allowed option

I have an in interesting dilemna that I am trying to address. I have some ldap queries that I use to retrieve user information to perform access validations on a quarterly/annual basis. I can successfully pull the local users, and I can use ldapsearch to pull back all the users from the DN as well.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dagamier
7 Replies
PPI::Token::Pod(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      PPI::Token::Pod(3pm)

NAME
PPI::Token::Pod - Sections of POD in Perl documents INHERITANCE
PPI::Token::Pod isa PPI::Token isa PPI::Element DESCRIPTION
A single "PPI::Token::Pod" object represents a complete section of POD documentation within a Perl document. METHODS
This class provides some additional methods beyond those provided by its PPI::Token and PPI::Element parent classes. Got any ideas for more methods? Submit a report to rt.cpan.org! merge @podtokens The "merge" constructor takes a number of "PPI::Token::Pod" objects, and returns a new object that represents one combined POD block with the content of all of them. Returns a new "PPI::Token::Pod" object, or "undef" on error. lines The "lines" method takes the string of POD and breaks it into lines, returning them as a list. SUPPORT
See the support section in the main module. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2001 - 2011 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.10.1 2011-02-26 PPI::Token::Pod(3pm)