Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming A Slideshow Screensaver Using C, Gtk+ & Gdk Post 302227568 by huttarl on Thursday 21st of August 2008 01:10:00 PM
Old 08-21-2008
Bug gtk_window_fullscreen()

This reply is probably too late for Kevin. But when I was trying to solve the same problem, I kept finding this forum post in Google. Later, I found the answer. So my hope is that by putting the answer here, it'll be easier to find for me or others in the future who are searching on "gtk" and "screensaver".

The short answer is gtk_window_fullscreen(). I tried it in Windows XP (actually, in gtkmm, the Gdk::Window::fullscreen() method). Worked perfectly.

The documentation doesn't say that it avoids window decorations (title bar etc.), but it did for me. Didn't show the taskbar either. Looks like I have total screen control, which is what I want for a screensaver.

Apparently it works in Linux too, at least in KDE.

HTH,
Lars

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Screensaver and 'fortune'

(SuSE Linux 8.2 Personal) I'm sure the answer to this will be simple, but it's been driving me insane for the last couple days. SuSE 8.2 comes with a bunch of screensavers, but a handful of them just repeatedly display 'sh: line 1: fortune: command not found'. I've been scouring endlessly... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Darkstripes
4 Replies

2. Solaris

ScreenSaver issue with Solaris 10

I have a Dell Vostro running Solaris 10 x86 and I am trying to get it to activate the screensaver when no one is logged it. However, the screensaver only seems to activate when someone logs in and then the computer locks. How would I go about fixing this problem? Any help yall can offer would be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MajorJRO
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ScreenSaver into Background Question

(Keeping in mind I know very little about Unix...) When I am typing this out (without copy-pasting the whole thing) to get my screensaver onto my background: /System/Library/Frameworks/ScreenSaver.framework/Resources/ScreenSaverEngine.app/Contents/MacOS/ScreenSaverEngine -background I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wat_up_m
3 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Slideshow with ffmpeg converter

Hi, everyone! I'm on a Debian 9.0 GNU/Linux machine. I'm not a very experienced user, but I do my best to learn. So, I have a bunch of images PNG files. I'm trying to make a slideshow with these using the ffmpeg video converter. I also have an audio WAVE stereo file which I'd like to merge... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: worov
0 Replies
Gtk2::Gdk::Image(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Gtk2::Gdk::Image(3pm)

NAME
Gtk2::Gdk::Image - wrapper for GdkImage DESCRIPTION
A "Gtk2::Gdk::Image" is a 2-D array of pixel values in client-side memory. It can optionally use shared memory with the X server for fast copying to or from a window or pixmap. If you're thinking of using this then look at "Gtk2::Gdk::Pixbuf" first. GdkPixbuf has many more features, in particular file read and write (PNG, JPEG, etc). But a GdkImage lets you work directly in pixel values instead of expanding to RGB components. See Gtk2::Gdk::Drawable for "draw_image", "get_image" and "copy_to_image" methods to draw or fetch images to or from a window or pixmap. The various "get" methods are Gtk 2.22 style. For previous versions they're direct field access. HIERARCHY
Glib::Object +----Gtk2::Gdk::Image METHODS
image or undef = Gtk2::Gdk::Image->new ($type, $visual, $width, $height) o $type (Gtk2::Gdk::ImageType) o $visual (Gtk2::Gdk::Visual) o $width (integer) o $height (integer) integer = $image->get_bits_per_pixel byteorder = $image->get_byte_order integer = $image->get_bytes_per_line integer = $image->get_bytes_per_pixel colormap = $image->get_colormap $image->set_colormap ($colormap) o $colormap (Gtk2::Gdk::Colormap) integer = $image->get_depth integer = $image->get_height imagetype = $image->get_image_type unsigned = $image->get_pixel ($x, $y) o $x (integer) o $y (integer) string = $image->get_pixels() Return a copy of the raw pixel data memory from $image. This is "bytes_per_line * height" many bytes. $image->put_pixel ($x, $y, $pixel) o $x (integer) o $y (integer) o $pixel (unsigned) visual = $image->get_visual integer = $image->get_width ENUMS AND FLAGS
enum Gtk2::Gdk::ByteOrder o 'lsb-first' / 'GDK_LSB_FIRST' o 'msb-first' / 'GDK_MSB_FIRST' enum Gtk2::Gdk::ImageType o 'normal' / 'GDK_IMAGE_NORMAL' o 'shared' / 'GDK_IMAGE_SHARED' o 'fastest' / 'GDK_IMAGE_FASTEST' SEE ALSO
Gtk2, Glib::Object COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003-2011 by the gtk2-perl team. This software is licensed under the LGPL. See Gtk2 for a full notice. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-27 Gtk2::Gdk::Image(3pm)