Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Awstats stderr solution
Operating Systems BSD Awstats stderr solution Post 302227384 by otheus on Thursday 21st of August 2008 05:58:06 AM
Old 08-21-2008
So is there a program or script named "awstats" which is in a crontab? Let's say you have this job running every day at 2:30 am.

Code:
2  30  * * * /usr/local/bin/awstats

If you want it to only email you when there's a problem, just do this:
Code:
2  30  * * * /usr/local/bin/awstats >/dev/null 2>&1 || echo "awstats failed to complete"

This does require that the script exit with a non-zero condition upon an error. Do you have a way of testing this?

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. BSD

can't install AWStats

I am running FreeBSD 6.3 and trying to install AWStats. I found this site with some instructions: Installing AWStats on FreeBSD however, the pkg install doesn't work. This is the error I get: dl1-3# pkg_add install -r awstats pkg_add: can't stat package file 'install' pkg_add: can't stat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jasonfrost
3 Replies

2. Web Development

AWstats - Installation

Hi Gurus, I was trying to install AWstats in one of my EL5 boxes and got the below error: # rpm -i awstats-7.0-1.noarch.rpm error: Failed dependencies: perl(LWP::UserAgent) is needed by awstats-7.0-1.noarch # rpm -i perl-Test-Mock-LWP-0.05-1.el6.rf.noarch.rpm warning:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
1 Replies

3. Infrastructure Monitoring

Awstats webserver analyser

Need assistance in troubleshooting I have configured awstats 7.3 version on RedHat linux and I am stuck at getting the updates from the website . Please let me know if anybody can give me some inputs I can see the webpages but it gives "Never updated (See 'Build/Update' on awstats_setup.html... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
2 Replies
WEEKLY(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual							 WEEKLY(5)

NAME
weekly, weekly.conf -- weekly maintenance DESCRIPTION
The /etc/weekly script is run, by default, every Saturday morning on a NetBSD system. The /etc/weekly.conf file specifies which of the stan- dard weekly services are performed. The variables described below can be set to ``YES'' or ``NO'' in the /etc/weekly.conf file. The default settings are in the /etc/defaults/weekly.conf file. (Note that you should never edit /etc/defaults/weekly.conf directly, as it is often replaced during system upgrades.) rebuild_locatedb This rebuilds the locate(1) database, /var/db/locate.database, which must also exist, in order to be rebuilt. rebuild_mandb This rebuilds the apropos(1) database /var/db/man.db, using makemandb(8) with the -f option. rebuild_whatisdb This rebuilds the whatis(1) database(s). Note that NetBSD provides a default whatis.db for the system manual pages and this may not be needed. (Adjust your /etc/man.conf as necessary; see man.conf(5) for details.) FILES
/etc/weekly weekly maintenance script /etc/weekly.conf weekly maintenance configuration /etc/weekly.local local site additions to /etc/weekly SEE ALSO
daily.conf(5), monthly.conf(5) HISTORY
The /etc/weekly script first appeared in 4.3BSD. The /etc/weekly.conf configuration file appeared in NetBSD 1.3. BSD
March 6, 2012 BSD