Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: make it simple!!!
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting make it simple!!! Post 302227268 by vidyadhar85 on Thursday 21st of August 2008 01:23:19 AM
Old 08-21-2008
make it simple!!!

i am having following DML file i want to extract only highlighted area using sed or awk oneliner..
Quote:
decimal("¶") fuba_nbr; /* INTEGER NOT NULL*/
date("YYYY-MM-DD")("¶") xprn_dte = NULL(""); /* DATE*/
date("YYYY-MM-DD")("¶") effv_dte = NULL(""); /* DATE*/
date("YYYY-MM-DD")("¶") load_dte; /* DATE NOT NULL*/
string("¶", maximum_length=1) dbt_card_lnk_ind = NULL(""); /* CHAR("|")*/
string("¶", maximum_length=1) acct_rltps_ind = NULL(""); /* CHAR("|")*/
decimal("¶", maximum_length=6) br_nbr = 0; /* DECIMAL("|")*/
string("¶", maximum_length=9) ofcr_nbr = NULL(""); /* CHAR("|")*/
date("YYYY-MM-DD")("¶") last_od_dte = NULL(""); /* DATE*/
decimal("¶", maximum_length=17) curr_bal_amt = 0; /* DECIMAL("|")*/
string("¶", maximum_length=1) acct_type_cde = NULL(""); /* CHAR("|")*/
decimal("¶", maximum_length=8) pr_cde = 0; /* DECIMAL("|")*/
string("¶", maximum_length=20) cust_nme = NULL(""); /* CHAR("|")*/
string("¶", maximum_length=3) bnk_id = NULL(""); /* CHAR("|")*/
decimal("¶", maximum_length=4) city_cde = 0; /* DECIMAL("|")*/
decimal("¶", maximum_length=4) rgn_cde = 0; /* DECIMAL("|")*/
date("YYYY-MM-DD")("¶") last_dps_dte = NULL(""); /* DATE*/
decimal("¶", maximum_length=17) last_dps_amt = 0; /* DECIMAL("|")*/
i wrote the following sed command for this ..
it works fine but its too complex i guess.. can any one help me out to make it simpler..

Quote:
sed -e 's/\/\*[^*\/]*\*\///g;s/([^)]*)//g;s/=.*//g;s/;//g;s/^ *[^ ]* //' temp.dml

thanks in advance..
vidya..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple make file questions....i think, thnx

Hello, I'm a noob when comes to make files.... My intentions for the use of my make file are not that of a usual compilation, etc. It is simply to copy some files from a RCS controlled area to a public area which has read rights only for a web page. My dilemma comes in the form of sub... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roxydogg28
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to make the script simple

Hi All, I have a script which throws the output if condition matches. I run the cmd : # ldf Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s0 1984564 1375019 550009 72% / /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s3 5040814 2628410 2361996 53% /usr... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Gani Network Driver Won't Install - make: Fatal error: Don't know how to make targ...

I attached a README file that I will refer to. I successfully completed everything in the README file until step 4. # pwd /gani/gani-2.4.4 # ls COPYING Makefile.macros gem.c Makefile Makefile.sparc_gcc gem.h Makefile.amd64_gcc ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between configure/make/make install.

Hi, While installation of apache on linux, we perform the below tasks. 1) Untar 2) configure 3) make 4) make install. I wanted to understand the difference and working of configure/make/make install. Can any one help me understanding this? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: praveen_b744
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to make simple recurring ascii file edit

Hi, I have an ascii file with recurring lines (the file is 36mb so lots of lines) which look like this: -2.5 -66.324-68.138 935.2 1.953 -0.664 272.617 73.684 -2.428 269.998 0.000 Every 14 lines there is a blank line. I would like to, for each non-blank line,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blueade7
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Trying to do a simple Make!

I am trying to do a make on below and have a question: http://www.datsi.fi.upm.es/~frosal/sources/shc-3.8.7.tgz I am running Solaris 10 on x86. I have untarred the files above. I have gcc and gmake in /usr/sfw/bin BUT when I do >gmake in the directory with above files, it does not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve701
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help making simple perl or bash script to create a simple matrix

Hello all! This is my first post and I'm very new to programming. I would like help creating a simple perl or bash script that I will be using in my work as a junior bioinformatician. Essentially, I would like to take a tab-delimted or .csv text with 3 columns and write them to a "3D" matrix: ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: torchij
16 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I make my script simple?

Hi .. I am trying to print first row few columns and last row few column... I am doing like this... I want to do using single awk for file in *.xyz; do dt_end=$(awk 'END{print $2 "\t" $3 "\t" $4}' FS="," $file) dt_start=$(awk 'FNR == 1{print $1 " \t"$2 }' FS="," $file ) echo $dt_start... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nex_asp
6 Replies

9. Red Hat

Syslog.conf: looking for a simple answer on a simple question

Cheers! In /etc/syslog.conf, if an error type is not specified, is it logged anywhere (most preferable is it logged to /var/log/messages) or not? To be more precise I am interested in error and critical level messages. At default these errors are not specified in syslog.conf, and I need to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr1zzt3r
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make it simple?

if ];then echo "ifconfig has output,and the output is " ifconfig -a fi this would run twice for "ifconfig -a" (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
3 Replies
COLORGCCRC(5)							File Formats Manual						     COLORGCCRC(5)

NAME
colorgccrc - configuration file for colorgcc DESCRIPTION
A colorgccrc configuration file is used to configure the highlighting of the compiler output from colorgcc. SYNTAX
Each line consists of a keyword designating a configuration variable. The keyword is followed by `:' and then one or several values (depending on the keyword). Lines beginning with a hash mark `#' are comments. CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
g++ | gcc | c++ | cc | g77 | gcj | gnat | gpc Specifies the paths to the compilers. Takes one value; a path to the compiler. nocolor Specifies what terminal types colorization should be disabled on. Takes one or several values, separated by whitespace. srcColor Specifies the highlighting attributes source-code should be given. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. introColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for normal compiler output. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. warningFileNameColor | errorFileNameColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for the filename in a warning or an error, respectively. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. warningNumberColor | errorNumberColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for the line-number in a warning or an error, respectively. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. warningMessageColor | errorMessageColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for the message-text in a warning or an error, respectively. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. COLOR ATTRIBUTES
The following attributes are valid for highlighting. clear, reset bold, underline, underscore, blink, reverse, concealed black, red, green, yellow, blue, magenta, cyan, white on_black, on_red, on_green, on_yellow, on_blue, on_magenta, on_cyan, on_white SEE ALSO
gcc(1), colorgcc(1) HISTORY
Jan 15 2003: Initial version of this manual-page. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <jmoyers@geeks.com> AUTHORS
Jamie Moyers <jmoyers@geeks.com> is the author of colorgcc. This manual page was written by Joe Wreschnig <piman@sacredchao.net>, and modified by David Weinehall <tao@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003 Jamie Moyers This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Jan 15, 2003 COLORGCCRC(5)