Sponsored Content
Operating Systems BSD FreeBSD Wireless - Can do WPA but not WEP or even open Post 302227232 by kpedersen on Wednesday 20th of August 2008 10:56:26 PM
Old 08-20-2008
I add the line to enable WEP into /boot/loader.conf

Code:
wlan_wep_load="YES"

I think the problem im having is simply due to using ifconfig wrong because I cannot connect to an open network either. Only WPA lol

this is what i do for open wireless...

in /etc/rc.conf i add

Code:
ifconfig_wifi0="DHCP"

in console I do

Code:
ifconfig wifi0 down
ifconfig wifi0 bssid 00:xx:xx:xx:xx
ifconfig wifi0 up

/etc/rc.d/netif start

and it doesn't do a whole lot. Is this the right process? This is what I worked out from reading the FreeBSD Handbook many many times lol

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

open an port on freebsd

i have made some thing with leds on it. i put it directly on the printer port. in dos and windows i can send data to it with outp(0x378,123); and then have some leds on and some leds off. i found out that it is possible linux with same assembly (after searching much.). but i want to have those led... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jurrien
0 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

WEP Crack Appz

Looking for a good app to go with my iBook/Airport Extreme card for testing WEP security on my own network... I have had a lot of luck with MacStumbler, but none with KisMAC... any suggestions? Jeffrey d9rw1n:/ root#grep ghost There's nothing like bludgeoning your self with a new box...... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: f1r3g0dz
0 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

WPA crash vista???

Okay. I need help since I barely use M$ any more, the last time I used it for something other than school, work, or AIM was back in the days of WIN98. I was just reading the article on this site, Is Microsoft about to release a Windows “kill switch”? | Ed Bott's Microsoft Report | ZDNet.com, and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Texasone
0 Replies

4. Programming

Application crashes in FreeBSD 7.1 while working ok in FreeBSD 6.3

Hello there, My mulithreaded application (which is too large to represent the source code here) is crashing after installing FreeBSD 7.1-RELEASE/amd64. It worked properly on others machines (Dual Cores with 4GB of RAM - FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE/i386). The current machine has 2x Core 2 Duo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Seenquev
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

cannot set user id: Resource temporarily unavailable (not open file/open process related)

First post, sorry to be a bother but this one has been dogging me. I have a process user (java application server) that trips a resource limit every couple weeks and need help finding what limit we're hitting. First, this is what's running: This is the error when jobs are run or the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katahdin
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

FreeBSD rc.subr wireless script

Hi, This is my first thread on Unix forums, so be gentle.:o I'm trying to write a simple start/stop script for my wireless networking adapter, under FreeBSD, using the rc.subr framework. #!/bin/sh # PROVIDE Wireless # KEYWORDS shutdown . /etc/rc.subr name="wireless"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: regexp
1 Replies

7. Linux

Is possible to bridge wlan0 and eth0 using network manager?How to for wpa?

I have created a bridge with nmcli between eth0 and wlan0 I use this procedure sudo nmcli con add ifname br0 type bridge con-name br0 sudo nmcli con add type bridge-slave ifname eth0 master br0 sudo nmcli con add type bridge-slave ifname wlan0 master br0 sudo nmcli con modify br0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
1 Replies
PERLFREEBSD(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					    PERLFREEBSD(1)

NAME
README.freebsd - Perl version 5 on FreeBSD systems DESCRIPTION
This document describes various features of FreeBSD that will affect how Perl version 5 (hereafter just Perl) is compiled and/or runs. FreeBSD core dumps from readdir_r with ithreads When perl is configured to use ithreads, it will use re-entrant library calls in preference to non-re-entrant versions. There is a bug in FreeBSD's "readdir_r" function in versions 4.5 and earlier that can cause a SEGV when reading large directories. A patch for FreeBSD libc is available (see http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=misc/30631 ) which has been integrated into FreeBSD 4.6. $^X doesn't always contain a full path in FreeBSD perl 5.8.0 sets $^X where possible to a full path by asking the operating system. On FreeBSD the full path of the perl interpreter is found by reading the symlink /proc/curproc/file. There is a bug on FreeBSD, where the result of reading this symlink is can be wrong in certain circumstances (see http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=35703 ). In these cases perl will fall back to the old behaviour of using C's argv[0] value for $^X. Perl will no longer be part of "base FreeBSD" Not as bad as it sounds--what this means is that Perl will no longer be part of the kernel build system of FreeBSD. Perl will still very probably be part of the "default install", and in any case the latest version will be in the ports system. The first FreeBSD version this change will affect is 5.0, all 4.n versions will keep the status quo. AUTHOR
Nicholas Clark <nick@ccl4.org>, collating wisdom supplied by Slaven Rezic and Tim Bunce. Please report any errors, updates, or suggestions to perlbug@perl.org. perl v5.8.9 2007-11-17 PERLFREEBSD(1)