Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: move file by year/mouth
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting move file by year/mouth Post 302227214 by mmm951 on Wednesday 20th of August 2008 09:58:17 PM
Old 08-20-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhamacs
for file in `ls -1 *.*`
do
dir="`stat -c "%y|%n" $file | cut -c1-4`/`stat -c "%y|%n" $file | cut -c6-7`"
echo $dir
if [ ! -d $dir ]
then
mkdir -p $dir
fi
cp $file $dir
done
thanks

but I use AIX
cannt use stat commandSmilie

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i get the year of the file

When i use, 'ls -ltr' I only see the month and day (timestamp) of the file. How do i see the year also. Thanks and Regards, Ram (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramky79
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move files based on year

I have a directory which has crores of files since from 2003. I want to move only the 2003 files to another directory. Please help in doing this. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: IHK
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move files based on year of creation

Hi All, I have a directory which has crores of files since from 2003 till now. I want to move only the 2003 files to another directory. Please help. Thanks (2 Replies)
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move files based on year

Hi All, I have a directory which has crores of files since from 2003. I want to move ony the 2003 files to another directory. Please help (9 Replies)
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

move all 2008 year's file to destination directory

I am trying to move file created/modified in 2008 year to <new directory>. But trapped badly in Xargs {}. Looks like mv is not getting destination file properly. It assumes source file s to be destination directory n gives me erroir. "Target must be a directory" Run- #/home/mktrisk: find... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kedar.mehta
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

File created year

Hi I need to get the File creation date (MM,DD,YYYY) using ls -ltr am getting only Month and Day only, I need year also when the file is modified. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: KiranKumarKarre
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Move files of a certain year to other directory

Hi all, I have a massive amount of recording files in .WAV format stored in a directory, files dating back to 2006. It is a huge amount of files as Linux cannot even do a listing of it all, it states: "argument list too long" What I would like to do is the following: Find all the files of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: codenjanod
6 Replies
Apache::Build(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  Apache::Build(3)

NAME
Apache::Build - Methods for locating and parsing bits of Apache source code SYNOPSIS
use Apache::Build (); my $build = Apache::Build->new; # rebuild mod_perl with build opts from the previous build % cd modperl-2.0 % perl -MApache::Build -e rebuild DESCRIPTION
This module provides methods for locating and parsing bits of Apache source code. Since mod_perl remembers what build options were used to build it, you can use this knowledge to rebuild it using the same options. Simply chdir to the mod_perl source directory and run: % cd modperl-2.0 % perl -MApache::Build -e rebuild If you want to rebuild not yet installed, but already built mod_perl, run from its root directory: % perl -Ilib -MApache::Build -e rebuild METHODS
new Create an object blessed into the Apache::Build class. my $build = Apache::Build->new; dir Top level directory where source files are located. my $dir = $build->dir; -d $dir or die "can't stat $dir $! "; find Searches for apache source directories, return a list of those found. Example: for my $dir ($build->find) { my $yn = prompt "Configure with $dir ?", "y"; ... } inc Print include paths for MakeMaker's INC argument to "WriteMakefile". Example: use ExtUtils::MakeMaker; use Apache::Build (); WriteMakefile( 'NAME' => 'Apache::Module', 'VERSION' => '0.01', 'INC' => Apache::Build->new->inc, ); module_magic_number Return the MODULE_MAGIC_NUMBER defined in the apache source. Example: my $mmn = $build->module_magic_number; httpd_version Return the server version. Example: my $v = $build->httpd_version; otherldflags Return other ld flags for MakeMaker's dynamic_lib argument to "WriteMakefile". This might be needed on systems like AIX that need spe- cial flags to the linker to be able to reference mod_perl or httpd symbols. Example: use ExtUtils::MakeMaker; use Apache::Build (); WriteMakefile( 'NAME' => 'Apache::Module', 'VERSION' => '0.01', 'INC' => Apache::Build->new->inc, 'dynamic_lib' => { 'OTHERLDFLAGS' => Apache::Build->new->otherldflags, }, ); AUTHOR
Doug MacEachern mod_perl-1.99_07 2002-08-28 Apache::Build(3)