Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How can I list all users from a terminal window in MAC? Post 302227109 by Juan Dent on Wednesday 20th of August 2008 04:06:38 PM
Old 08-20-2008
How can I list all users from a terminal window in MAC?

Hi,

What command is needed to find all or certain users from a terminal window in MAC OS X 10.5?

Where is a list of categorized commands that could help me find answers similar to this particular question?

Thanks.
Juan Dent

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I dial a number from the terminal window?

Hi Folks, Just for the record: I am a Mac User. But I believe my question is a simple UNIX FBSD question. My problem: I need to learn how to "pick up" the telephone line and dial a number from an Unix shell or shell script execution. My modem is at /dev/cu.modem Why I need it? I... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: fundidor
12 Replies

2. Solaris

Find and activate a terminal window

I am writing some java code to automate running an application on a Sun system. The application opens 9 terminal windows. Of those nine windows, I have to find two and give them focus long enough to send a keystroke. Since there seems to be no way to do this using java, is there a unix command I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmp1jrv
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Script to launch terminal window?

Hi, I am a newbie here. Trying to find a way of writing a script to launch multiple terminal or console windows on solaris 9. I used to be able to do this using cmdtool on older versions of solaris and it was even possible to configure the size and screen position of the window and the title. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: omerta
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do i find out the list of users whose terminal is writable?

Hello, i just wanted to know how do i find out the list of users whose terminal is writable?i mean i used who -T but this gives a list of all users whose terminal is writable or blocked and not writable. So how do i do this?I am new to Unix. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: salman4u
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create new users on my mac from the terminal

I finally got how to su - in my mac from the terminal. Now I would like to be able to add new users. useradd -m -d ..... doesn't seem to work. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bigmac18
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

size of the terminal window

Hi, I am programming a script that shows a figure on screen but I would be centered, so What I have to use command to get the size of the window? Thanks a lot, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gengis-Kahn
2 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

help with linux terminal window

Hello! I need to create a file and provide access to two users of the file under the same command in linuxs terminal window. The question is how can I do it? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Messe
3 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

Terminal window unknown ?

Hi all I haven't worked much in the terminal window until recently as I'm trying to install the Imagemagick package, it's not going well but thats another matter. I'm worried now that I might have done something wrong. When I open the terminal window now I get unknown-e0-f8-47-0d-1b-02:~... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ttmt
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Toggle between xterm window and standard terminal window

Is it possible to toggle back and forth between an xterm invoked from one tty, and a shell invoked from a different tty? I am running Centos 7 with KDE and booting in non-graphic mode. After logging in on the default window (/dev/tty1) , I can then use ALT-F2 to access a new window (/dev/tty2),... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rhgscty
1 Replies
MAC_SEEOTHERUIDS(4)					   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 				       MAC_SEEOTHERUIDS(4)

NAME
mac_seeotheruids -- simple policy controlling whether users see other users SYNOPSIS
To compile the policy into your kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: options MAC options MAC_SEEOTHERUIDS Alternately, to load the module at boot time, place the following line in your kernel configuration file: options MAC and in loader.conf(5): mac_seeotheruids_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The mac_seeotheruids policy module, when enabled, denies users to see processes or sockets owned by other users. To enable mac_seeotheruids, set the sysctl OID security.mac.seeotheruids.enabled to 1. To permit superuser awareness of other credentials by virtue of privilege, set the sysctl OID security.mac.seeotheruids.suser_privileged to 1. To allow users to see processes and sockets owned by the same primary group, set the sysctl OID security.mac.seeotheruids.primarygroup_enabled to 1. To allow processes with a specific group ID to be exempt from the policy, set the sysctl OID security.mac.seeotheruids.specificgid_enabled to 1, and security.mac.seeotheruids.specificgid to the group ID to be exempted. Label Format No labels are defined for mac_seeotheruids. SEE ALSO
mac(4), mac_biba(4), mac_bsdextended(4), mac_ifoff(4), mac_lomac(4), mac_mls(4), mac_none(4), mac_partition(4), mac_portacl(4), mac_test(4), mac(9) HISTORY
The mac_seeotheruids policy module first appeared in FreeBSD 5.0 and was developed by the TrustedBSD Project. AUTHORS
This software was contributed to the FreeBSD Project by Network Associates Labs, the Security Research Division of Network Associates Inc. under DARPA/SPAWAR contract N66001-01-C-8035 (``CBOSS''), as part of the DARPA CHATS research program. BUGS
See mac(9) concerning appropriateness for production use. The TrustedBSD MAC Framework is considered experimental in FreeBSD. While the MAC Framework design is intended to support the containment of the root user, not all attack channels are currently protected by entry point checks. As such, MAC Framework policies should not be relied on, in isolation, to protect against a malicious privileged user. BSD
October 6, 2005 BSD