Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell Script Needed to Parse Results Post 302226990 by sudhamacs on Wednesday 20th of August 2008 10:34:50 AM
Old 08-20-2008
Why are you using sort and uniq? But you didn't mention anything about it?
As you want the fields to be tab delimited then the below comman will be useful :
awk -F "|" '{printf("%s\t%s\t%s\t%s\n", $3, $4,$5,$7}' results_file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sql query results in unix shell script

Hi I want to get the a field from a SQL query into unix shell script variable. the whole situation is like this. 1. Opened a cursor to a table in DB2 databse. 2. Fetching individual rows with the help of cursor. 3. Each row has 4 fields. I want each of the field in individual shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Expect results in a Shell script

I am trying to write a shell script that launches an expect script and then use results of the expect script in the rest of the shell script. The expect script is connecting to a remote host and looking up certian user info like UID and home directory. This part is working I then want the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaltekar
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

search file and print results with shell script

input file 1.<CRMSUB:MSIN=0100004735,BSNBC=TELEPHON-9814060328-TS11&TS21&TS22,NDC=9814,MSCAT=ORDINSUB,SUBRES=ALLPLMN-SPICE,BAOC=OIC,BAPRC=INFO,ACCSUB=BSS,NUMTYP=MULTI;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dodasajan
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse for errors shell script

All, I have a shell script which parses the /var/adm/messages file for errors every 15 minutes as a cron job. The script runs at 01, 16, 31, and 46 minutes every hour. The problem is if the error is encountered any time during the beginning of hour I can get paged three times. I would like to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bubba112557
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script output in HTML or with table like results

Hello, Currently i have a ksh script which will disply the results in plain text format. I want to format the result in more readable format like Making bold headings and format with colors etc. Something like html or excel format and send that content as email. Please help me how i can do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kotasateesh
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script compare all parameters in two files and display results

Hi , I am not familiar with shell programming. I have a requirement like i have two files .I need to compare the two files by comparing each parameter and i should produce 2 outputs. 1)i have around 35 parameters say i have one parameter name called db_name=dcap in one file and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to parse results from TWO files

I am trying to parse two files and get data that does not match in one of the columns ( column 3 in my case ) Data for two files are as follows A.txt ===== abc 10 5 0 1 16 xyz 16 1 1 0 18 efg 30 8 0 2 40 ijk 22 2 0 1 25 B.txt ===== abc... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: roger67
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help to parse csv file with shell script

Hello ! I am very aware that this is not the first time this question is asked here, because I have already read a lot of previous answers, but none of them worked, so... As said in the title, I want to read a csv file with a bash script. Here is a sample of the file: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grhyll
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk parse snmp results

i run the command snmptable -v2c -c public myIP IF-MIB::ifTable the result look like this : SNMP table: IF-MIB::ifTable ifIndex ifDescr ifType ifMtu ifSpeed ifPhysAddress ifAdminStatus ifOperStatus 1 Unit: 1 Slot: 0 Port: 1... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wanttolearn1
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Emailing results of a pl sql procedure from UNIX shell script

Hello All, I am writing the below unix script to email the result of a small pl sql procedure: #!/bin/bash ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/orcts/product/9.2.0; export ORACLE_HOME SQLPLUS=$ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus sqlplus -s user/pass@Db_instance<<EOF set echo off set feedback off set pages 0... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bunty bedi
9 Replies
JOIN(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   JOIN(1)

NAME
join - relational database operator SYNOPSIS
join [-an] [-e s] [-o list] [-tc] file1 file2 DESCRIPTION
Join forms, on the standard output, a join of the two relations specified by the lines of file1 and file2. If file1 is `-', the standard input is used. File1 and file2 must be sorted in increasing ASCII collating sequence on the fields on which they are to be joined, normally the first in each line. There is one line in the output for each pair of lines in file1 and file2 that have identical join fields. The output line normally con- sists of the common field, then the rest of the line from file1, then the rest of the line from file2. Fields are normally separated by blank, tab or newline. In this case, multiple separators count as one, and leading separators are dis- carded. These options are recognized: -an In addition to the normal output, produce a line for each unpairable line in file n, where n is 1 or 2. -e s Replace empty output fields by string s. -o list Each output line comprises the fields specified in list, each element of which has the form n.m, where n is a file number and m is a field number. -tc Use character c as a separator (tab character). Every appearance of c in a line is significant. SEE ALSO
sort(1), comm(1), awk(1). BUGS
With default field separation, the collating sequence is that of sort -b; with -t, the sequence is that of a plain sort. The conventions of join, sort, comm, uniq, look and awk(1) are wildly incongruous. 7th Edition April 29, 1985 JOIN(1)