Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to deleting some files under subdirectory Post 302226890 by AdziE on Wednesday 20th of August 2008 05:21:49 AM
Old 08-20-2008
How to deleting some files under subdirectory

Hi guys, sorry if my english not very well.. i have a problem.. i have a file and the structure is :

Folder/
Folder/10.123.124.20/pm_data/A200807
Folder/10.123.124.20/pm_data/A200808

Folder/10.123.124.21/pm_data/A200807
Folder/10.123.124.21/pm_data/A200807
Folder/10.123.124.21/pm_data/A200808

I just wanna delete A200808, but till now i even can't sorting the file using this command

ls Folder/10*/pm_data/A200808*

but when am type

ls Folder/10*/pm_data/*

it's work.. pls somebody.. help me Smilie...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I copy files and subdirectory?

I am trying to copy some files from one location to another and I need to write a script to move all the files and the subdirectories to the new location (both unix), but excluding the temp directory. i.e., I want to avoid copying my temp subdirectories during the process of copying other files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: odogbolu98
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Question]How to copy files to all subdirectory

I want to copy php.ini to all subdirectory. what command that should i run? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dzufauzan
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count files in every subdirectory

Hi if anyone could help me :) I did a lot of search and 70% of answer is "how to count files in all subdirectories". A basic problem for me is how to count files in every subdirectory separately then sort it by number of files For example: dir1 file1 file2 subdir11 dir2 dir3 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yorryk
3 Replies

4. Solaris

How Prevent from deleting subdirectory files

Hi All, I am using the foolowing find /home/vcrd/put -name '*.z' -mtime +5 -exec rm -f {} \; in a shell script, it is deleting all file having *.z in /home/vcrd/put/appl sub directory. I donot want the files in the subdirectory are deleted. Regards Megh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: megh
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

search text in files within the subdirectory

Hello, I am trying to write a shell script to search for a pattern in the directory and show only one entry for each field, essentially I am looking to search for a pattern in a file and list that file name. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grajp002
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to move all files in a directory and subdirectory?

I'm trying to organize my MB Pro by moving all my jpeg files to a single folder from the desktop. There are some on the desktop that are not in any folder. I was at the command line and typed mv *.jpg "Jpeg files" but it only moved the files that were on the desktop, not any of the ones that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Listing files in subdirectory

Forgive me if there is an answer to this somewhere in the forums. I've gone through as much as I could but couldn't find a relevant answer. What I'm trying to do is use the ll command to list some files in a subdirectory that matches a certain format. I've tried ll *.*a* <subdirectory> but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: archaic
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Find files in subdirectory?

I am trying to find all DAT files in a subdirectory named IN. I do not know the entire path. For example: /stage/<?>/<?>/IN/file.DAT I am using the find command without success: find /stage -name IN -a -name '*.DAT' -print What is the correct logic and syntax? Thank you for the help. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TwinGT
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying Multiple Files into a Subdirectory

Hello, I'm very new to scripting languages and I'm to use shell script to write a utility to backup files with a specific extension into a subdirectory. Here is what I have done. #!/bin/bash read -p "Enter file(s) extension: " FILE if ; then mkdir `whoami`.$FILE #To... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: alphanoob
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy non-empty files into subdirectory

How to Copy non-empty files into subdirectory I have directory A there are bunch of files: a.txt a.txt.target b.txt b.target.txt....... How can i find out the non-empty file within *.txt.target and copy them into a subdirectory B? Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: grace_shen
2 Replies
pam_mount(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      pam_mount(8)

NAME
pam_mount -- Home Folder Mounting PAM module SYNOPSIS
[service-name] function-class control-flag pam_mount [options] DESCRIPTION
The Home Folder Mounting PAM module supports the authentication and session management function classes. In terms of the function-class parameter, these are ``auth'' and ``session'' respectively. The Home Folder Mounting Authentication Module The Home Folder Mounting authentication module reads the mount authenticator from the PAM authentication context and caches it in the PAM environment. The Home Folder Mounting Session Management Module must be used in conjunction with this module to remove the authenticator from the PAM environment. The Home Folder Mounting Session Management Module The Home Folder Mounting session management module copies the mount authenticator from the PAM environment, removes it from the PAM environ- ment, and uses its copy to mount the user's home folder if the user's OpenDirectory record indicates that an AFP, SMB, NFS or FileVault home folder is to be used. When the session is closed, the Home Folder Mounting session management module unmounts the user's home folder if it was mounted by this mod- ule when the session was opened. SEE ALSO
pam.conf(5), pam(8), DirectoryService(8) BSD
February 7, 2009 BSD