Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting BASH: floating point exception Post 302226836 by mapleleaves on Wednesday 20th of August 2008 03:50:01 AM
Old 08-20-2008
Sorry for the format of my reply.

The Tabs of the code are deleted by the thread editor.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Floating point numeric comparisions in bash

Hi, I am trying to compare 2 floating point numbers 0.8 and 0.15 using bash and get the largest of the two. Can anyone advise. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: borncrazy
2 Replies

2. Linux

Floating point exception !!!

Hi, I have linux fedora 4 ver., 2.6 kernal. And qmail & mysql & samba servers are already configured on this server. When I try to install any package like squidguard ,dansguardian,webmin,rsnapshots with command rpm -ivh . It is giving error as “Floating point exception" Snap View is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk01
3 Replies

3. Linux

Floating Point Exception

Hi, I am compiling "HelloWorld" C progam on 32-bit CentOS and i want to execute it on 64-bit CentOS architecture. For that i copied the a.out file from 32-bit to 64-bit machine, but while executing a.out file on 64bit machine I am getting "Floating point exception error". But we can run... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mandar123
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

floating point not recognized by printf in bash

Dear all, I have the following question. Let's say that I have the following script #!/bin/bash value=0.4987865 a=` printf "%6.2f" $value ` b=`echo $value + $value | bc -l` echo $a echo $b exit And the exit is: 0,00 .9975730 Thus, the problem is that the printf order does not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: josegr
2 Replies

5. Programming

Floating Point

Anyone help me i cant found the error of floating point if needed, i added the code complete #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <ctype.h> typedef struct { int hh; int mm; int ss; char nom; int punt; }cancion; typedef struct... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Slasho
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[BASH] Regex for floating point number

Hey again, I have a basic regex that tests if a number is a float. Thank you. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: whyte_rhyno
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Floating point math with bc

Hello Everyone, I am currently working on a script to calculate optimal tcp window size the formula that I am following is 2 x (bandwith speed /8 * Round Trip Time ) = x This is what I have so far #!/bin/bash echo "Enter connection speed" << Get the speed of the Connection from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bmfmancini
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[BASH] Floating point exception

Heyas I have a script (vhs - video handler script, using ffmpeg) to encode videos. It also encodes a dvd, but until now just non-copy-protected ones, so i've tried to add/implement a vobcopy wrapper to be used by my script. At first it looked quite fine, but when changing from the first VOB... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to print the smallest floating point number in a row that is not 0

Hello, I have often found bash to be difficult when it comes to floating point numbers. I have data with rows of tab delimited floating point numbers. I need to find the smallest number in each row that is not 0.0. Numbers can be negative and they do not come in any particular order for a given... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparison of floating point numbers in bash

I have the following code snippet in bash if ]; then minm=`echo "$diff" | bc` fi It works well for most of the cases. However lets say diff is -0.17 and minm is -0.0017. In such a case the comparison seems to fail. Is the correct way to compare a mixture of positive and... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ngabrani
12 Replies
FEENABLEEXCEPT(3)					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					 FEENABLEEXCEPT(3)

NAME
feenableexcept, fedisableexcept, fegetexcept -- floating-point exception masking LIBRARY
Math Library (libm, -lm) SYNOPSIS
#include <fenv.h> #pragma STDC FENV_ACCESS ON int feenableexcept(int excepts); int fedisableexcept(int excepts); int fegetexcept(void); DESCRIPTION
The feenableexcept() and fedisableexcept() functions unmask and mask (respectively) exceptions specified in excepts. The fegetexcept() func- tion returns the current exception mask. All exceptions are masked by default. Floating-point operations that produce unmasked exceptions will trap, and a SIGFPE will be delivered to the process. By installing a signal handler for SIGFPE, applications can take appropriate action immediately without testing the exception flags after every operation. Note that the trap may not be immediate, but it should occur before the next floating-point instruction is executed. For all of these functions, the possible types of exceptions include those described in fenv(3). Some architectures may define other types of floating-point exceptions. RETURN VALUES
The feenableexcept(), fedisableexcept(), and fegetexcept() functions return a bitmap of the exceptions that were unmasked prior to the call. SEE ALSO
sigaction(2), feclearexcept(3), feholdexcept(3), fenv(3), feupdateenv(3) BUGS
Functions in the standard library may trigger exceptions multiple times as a result of intermediate computations; however, they generally do not trigger spurious exceptions. No interface is provided to permit exceptions to be handled in nontrivial ways. There is no uniform way for an exception handler to access information about the exception-causing instruction, or to determine whether that instruction should be reexecuted after returning from the handler. BSD
March 16, 2005 BSD