Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting (w)get web server's directories + bash script Post 302226830 by reminiscent on Wednesday 20th of August 2008 03:33:59 AM
Old 08-20-2008
(w)get web server's directories + bash script

Hi everyone.

I need to write a script which will download files/folders (a huge collection) to the local file server (centOS 4.4 Server),
and check regularly (every 6 hours or so if any new files are present, or if the old ones were modified to update contents).

Any insights on how to tackle this problem is greatly appreciated.

Thx.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script to display directories in Path?

Hello there, As a newbie: The directories in PATH can be hard to distinguish when printed out as one line with colon .Please, can i have a sample script to display them,one to a line. Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: debut
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to telnet web server

A similar script I wrote long time ago, it was working, but it was deleted and now for some reasons my new script doesnt work. I have been searching for a while in google but no luck so far. Can anyone help me to spot syntax errors with this little script here: #!/bin/sh { sleep 2 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsddaemon
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script: issue changing directories in script

I am working on a script that checks two arguments at the command line. The first argument is a search pattern, the second can be a file or a directory, if it is a file a second script is called that checks it for the search pattern. If the second argument is a directory, it checks for the search... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Breakology
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script to Read & Write on different directories

Hi, root@server] df -h 121G 14G 101G 12% /home 147G 126G 14G 91% /backup We having our site files and images are storing in /backup/home/user/files/ through symbolic link created in /home directory pointing in /backup directory as following. root@server] cd /home... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mirfan
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script to rename multiple directories

Hello I have a directory structure with year in format 4 digits, e.g 2009, below which is month format 1 or 2 digits, e.g 1 or 12, blow which is day format 1 or 2 digits, e.g 1 or 31. I want to change the names of lots of directories to the be Year - 4 digits , e.g 2009 - No change here... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: garethsays
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare & Copy Directories : Bash Script Help

Beginner/Intermediate shell; comfortable in the command line. I have been looking for a solution to a backup problem. I need to compare Directory 1 to Directory 2 and copy all modified or new files/directories from Directory 1 to Directory 3. I need the directory and file structure to be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rod
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Chose list of sub directories in a bash script file

Hi, I have a command in my bash script, searchDirectoryName.sh: DIR_NAME=$(find . -type d) echo "${DIR_NAME}" . ./Dir1 ./Dir1/1.0.2.1 ./Dir2 ./Dir2/1.1 ./Dir3 ./Dir3/2.2.1 How can I select only following directory names with second subdirectoies and without first ./ in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hce
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Refresh web page in bash script

hello, I am trying to refresh my web page which is created in bash script. I have a HTML page which when press a button calls a bash script. this bash script created the same page with dynamic data. When pressing the button I am calling to a function that set time out of 7 seconds and and after... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SH78
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need BASH Script Help to Move Files While Creating Directories

I've got this script to loop through all folders and move files that are more than 2 years old. I'm using the install command because it creates the necessary directories on the destination path and then I remove the source. I'd like to change the script to use the mv command since it is much... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: consultant
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to block first bash script until second bash script script launches web server/site?

I'm new to utilities like socat and netcat and I'm not clear if they will do what I need. I have a "compileDeployStartWebServer.sh" script and a "StartBrowser.sh" script that are started by emacs/elisp at the same time in two different processes. I'm using Cygwin bash on Windows 10. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies
UPDATE-METAINIT(1)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					UPDATE-METAINIT(1)

NAME
update-metainit - Generates init scripts SYNOPSIS
update-metainit [--remove initname [--purge] ] DESCRIPTION
Metainit solves the problem of writing good init scripts. Instead of manually creating these important files, they are derived from a declaritive description in the metainit files in /etc/metainit. These files can be shipped with packages or created by the local adminis- trator. If update-metainit called without argument, it will regenerate init scripts for all the files in /etc/metainit. The generated files contain a large warning in form of a comment that they will be overridden. Modifications are preferably done in the files in /etc/metainit and made effective by running update-metainit. If needed, the administrator can prevent modified init files by removing the warning comment. OPTIONS
--remove initname This command will remove any generated and non-modified scripts that were created by the metainit file with the name initname. --purge Only usable with --remove. Will remove the generated files even if modified. SEE ALSO
dh_metainit(1) AUTHOR
Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> perl v5.8.8 2007-07-30 UPDATE-METAINIT(1)