Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: perl upgrade verify
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat perl upgrade verify Post 302226750 by itik on Tuesday 19th of August 2008 05:47:12 PM
Old 08-19-2008
perl upgrade verify

Hi All,

How do I verify if I updated perl properly?

I check with perl -v and it seems to me it's the same.

Please help. Thanks.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Verify Parameters

I have a unix script written in the korn shell. At the top of the script I call a script that exports the values of the variables I use in my script. I know that when you execute the script using ksh -x it shows you the script running. I was wondering if there was a way you could run the script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lesstjm
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Verify the input

I run the script with one parameter : myscript abc002 But I need my script to check the parameter in txt array first: txt="abc001 abc002 abc004" What's the best way to do it? I am using ksh. #! /usr/bin/ksh txt="abc001 abc002 abc004" if ; then echo " Your input is wrong,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: newoz
9 Replies

3. AIX

verify command

Guy's I have script doing many steps as the below ... ############# ## step1# mount all Files system mount all ## step2# Start the application /app/appsh ############# but some time mount points will not be mounted completely so that will give an error if the next step started... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl verify if numbers in a column of a file are in sequence

I am just a newbie to perl scripting. I need help with listing of hexadecimal numbers in a column as follows. INPUT FIle: 08AF ship steel 08B0 ship steel 08B1 ship steel 08B2 flight docs 08B3 flight docs 08B4 flight docs 08B5 flight docs 08B6 flight decl ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dynamax
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

Upgrade perl from 5.005_03 to 5.8 in redhat 5.3

i have a machine with running redhat 5.3. perl -v shows me perl version 5.005_03. i have to upgrade it to 5.8. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rehantayyab82
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Upgrade Perl version on Solaris machine

Hi, Can you please assist in upgrading perl from 5.8.x to 5.10? Right now i am running the below verison on my Solaris SPARC machine. Thanks in advance (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash358
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to verify that a value is present in an array (list)

I have 2 files , i need compare both files field by field, and in the fourth field some value will be interchaged and some value will be **. ex: file1 john|0.0|4|**:25;JP:50;UY:25 file2 john|0.0|4|JP:50;**:25;UY:25 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: veeruasu
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

Verify multipathing

I have a couple of questions regarding multipath. If I do vgdisplay vg01, I see it is using 1 PV: /dev/dm-13 If I type multipath -ll I see dm-9, dm-10, dm-11, dm-12, but do not see dm-13. Is my vg01 multipathed? How can I actually know for sure? Secondly, let's say this time vg01 says... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: keelba
1 Replies
relup(5)							       Files								  relup(5)

NAME
relup - Release upgrade file DESCRIPTION
The release upgrade file describes how a release is upgraded in a running system. This file is automatically generated by systools:make_relup/3,4 , using a release resource file ( .rel ), application resource files ( .app ) and application upgrade files ( .appup ) as input. FILE SYNTAX
In a target system, the release upgrade file should be located in the OTP_ROOT/erts-EVsn/Vsn directory. The relup file contains one single Erlang term, which defines the instructions used to upgrade the release. The file has the following syn- tax: {Vsn, [{UpFromVsn, Descr, Instructions}, ...], [{DownToVsn, Descr, Instructions}, ...]}. * Vsn = string() is the current version of the release. * UpFromVsn = string() is an earlier version of the release to upgrade from. * Descr = term() is a user defined parameter passed from the systools:make_relup/3,4 function. It will be used in the return value of release_handler:install_release/1,2 . * Instructions is a list of low-level release upgrade instructions, see appup(5) . It consists of the release upgrade instructions from the respective application upgrade files (high-level instructions are translated to low-level instructions), in the same order as in the start script. * DownToVsn = string() is an earlier version of the release to downgrade to. When upgrading from UpFromVsn with release_handler:install_release/1,2 , there does not have to be an exact match of versions, but UpFromVsn can be a sub-string of the current release version. SEE ALSO
app(5), appup(5), rel(5), release_handler(3erl), systools(3erl) Ericsson AB sasl 2.1.9.3 relup(5)