Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux perl update while script is loaded Post 302226749 by itik on Tuesday 19th of August 2008 05:38:47 PM
Old 08-19-2008
perl update while script is loaded

Hi All,

What will happen to the perl script loaded on the memory if I do perl update?

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help shell script to loop through files update ctl file to be sql loaded

I am currently trying to find a way to loop through files in a given directory and for each file modify a ctl file and sql load it. I have been using the sed command to change the infile, badfile parameters of the control file. I have not yet tried to sql load it. Requirement: files are ftp to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dba_nh
1 Replies

2. Linux

perl update RHSA-2008:0522

Hi All, I can't find from RHN the complete instructions with this perl update. Does it need reboot after the update? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - update output

I need help with the following code. It does what i want it to, but since I clear the screen and do not update it when i finally ^C my scroll back buffer is filled with garbage. Term::Cap might not be the best way to go, i am trying to keep this to Core Modules due to the difficulties of getting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: insania
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: update lastmod in xml file

I'm trying to write a perl script that I can run as a cron job in root of my web server that will look for .shtml files get their last modified date and replace it in the sitemap_test.xml file. the problem is the substitution doesn't work and when I print to MYFILE it adds the lastmod to the end of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skilodge
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script to update a xml file

Hi experts, I have a set of xml files in folder which has the below field. <mm:sessionID>157.235.206.12900397BE4:A</mm:sessionID>, I need to update this field regularly with new session id, which I have it from a login file. Can anyone tell me how to add a new value in <mm:sessionID>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amvarma77
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl program to simulate Least Recently Loaded paging

Hi, If I want to write perl program that simulated Least Recently Loaded(LRL) to calculate page fault: The user must input page access and number of page fram that need to be greater than 3 Example Page Access: 5, 3, 4, 1, 7, 5, 3, 2, 3, 6, 7, 1, 4, 6 Frames: 3 PA: 5 3 4 1 7 5 3 2 3 6... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: guidely
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

perl and HP-UX : instmodsh in combination with software depot : update inventory for installed Perl

we create a HP-UX software depot with a new perl-modul. after installation of the software depot, the perl module i can't find with instmodsh in the inventory for installed Perl modules. - i have learned of using instmodsh command : i find out what modules are already installed on my system. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bora99
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write a update query in perl script?

can any one suggest me on how to write a update query in perl script for Oracle database and also tell me abt how we can write a code for sending mails with report as attachment to appropriate persons? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ramesh V Kumar
1 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Update sh file using VBA before perl script is run

I have a VBA that creates a new directory folder and creates a new text file in that directory. I am trying to run a perl script from the VBA and have created a batch file that gets called from the VBA. That bat file uses a shell file to run a script. When the batch file is called I get the error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Update perl code with parser

The below perl code imports the data in the attached document. However, I can not seem to update the perl code to include a parser like in the desired tab of that document. Thank you :). Most of the data for the parse is included in the document except for the gene and RNA which can is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies
otl2pdb(1)						      General Commands Manual							otl2pdb(1)

NAME
otl2pdb - converts vimoutliner outline to AddressDB Palm file. SYNOPSIS
otl2pdb [filename] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the otl2pdb Perl script. otl2pdb is a perl(1) script that takes an outline from vimoutliner(1) with contact information and creates an AddressDB.pdb file for a Palm. For now this script can only create a .pdb file. You then have to use a syncing tool to load it into your Palm. I recommend the pilot- link package for linux. The format of the contact outline is the following: $category $record_name c:$cell a:$address .... You can have as many categories and records(entries) as you want. The following are valid fields for a record with the necessary text to indicate them in quotes: 'a:'-address 'c:'-cell 'e:'-email 'h:'-home phone 'n:'-note 'web:'-website 'w:'-work phone Also, each record's category is left as 'Unfiled' as I can't get the record's category to write correctly. SEE ALSO
vim(1), perl(1) REQUIREMENTS
This program uses the Palm::Address perl module, which is available on CPAN. TIPS
If using the pilot-link package: -load the pdb with 'pilot-xfer -i AddressDB.pdb' -specify the serial port if other than /dev/pilot (which will usually be the case unless you link to it) with -p in the above command; usually this is /dev/ttyS0 in linux AUTHOR
The original version was written by Gabriel Walker <cldwalker@chwhat.com>. If you like using perl, linux, vim and databases to make your life easier (not lazier ;) check out my website at http://www.chwhat.com. <http://www.chwhat.com> This manual page was written by Matej Cepl <matej@ceplovi.cz> (using perldoc(1) part of the documented script), for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). January 13, 2005 otl2pdb(1)