Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help rewriting my KSH-script... Post 302226707 by linsto on Tuesday 19th of August 2008 04:32:31 PM
Old 08-19-2008
Thanks!

Great thinking, palsevlohit_123...
Smilie
It worked just fine to make the file ok in sqlplus!
So much easier than in unix.
I'm so thankful!
/Linda

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Squid Proxy URL rewriting

I have an architecture as below <> <> There is a program in the AIX server which sends SMS to the internet, by sending HTTP request to the SMS processing server. Like, http://smsserver/mysms=test However the application does not have an option to specify where the Proxy server... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: firdousamir
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

import var and function from ksh script to another ksh script

Ih all, i have multiples ksh scripts for crontab's unix jobs they all have same variables declarations and some similar functions i would have a only single script file to declare my variables, like: var1= "aaa" var2= "bbb" var3= "ccc" ... function ab { ...} function bc { ... }... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfhurt
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rewriting a word from location

I am using: ..to get the word that is being searched. What I am looking to do, is to rewrite the word and us it in css: Sort of like this javascript: Hopefully I am making myself clear. Any ideas how I could do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marringi
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

postfix sender address rewriting

Hi, I have a postfix server that relays to an exchange server. All of my unix/linux systems send to this server, the problem is the form the mail is sent with, the sender address is username@hostname.domain.local I need to rewrite every sender address to unix@maildomain.com for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with grep (reWriting it in another way.)

Hello everyone!! Nice do be apart of your forum. I am not very good at unix and thats why i need your help i have this project where i have to simulate a grep command without using grep thought. I have to simulate grep <parameters> <file> grep <parameters> <file> grep <parameters> <file>... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshin88
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH script to run other ksh scripts and output it to a file and/or email

Hi I am new to this Scripting process and would like to know How can i write a ksh script that will call other ksh scripts and write the output to a file and/or email. For example ------- Script ABC ------- a.ksh b.ksh c.ksh I need to call all three scripts execute them and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pacifican
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rewriting file paths in XML file within bash script

Hi guys, I'm working on a large set of scripts to move files around several servers and manipulate them for our staff. Basically we're shooting things, the videos hit a server and then need organised due to the language they've been shot in. Our XML (designed for Apple's Final Cut Pro) is right... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: omfgbunnies
6 Replies

8. IP Networking

Transparent Proxy with URL Rewriting

All traffic on the LAN is routed through a single machine and filtered using iptables. I'd like to redirect this traffic to a transparent proxy running on the same machine that will rewrite the URL if it matches a specified regex, in which case the user will be redirected to a local server. In... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: crottyan
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rewriting GNU uniq in awk

Within a shell script I use uniq -w 16 -D in order to process all lines in which the first 16 characters are duplicated. Now I want to also run that script on a BSD based system where the included version of uniq does not support the -w (--check-chars) option. To get around this I have... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mij
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Reverse prior batch job (without simply rewriting the script)

So, let's say I have a usual batch rename file like this: and I'd like to have a secon bat file, that can /reverse" the first. BUT, I don't want to simply "rewrite" it like move hello 254352426 but rather, have the new script take the source and destination and reverse it somehow... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
6 Replies
THINK(1)						      General Commands Manual							  THINK(1)

NAME
think - you don't have to think, the computer can think for you SYNOPSIS
think [ -detach ] DESCRIPTION
Think simulates a thinking brain. This can be useful if someone is not wanting to think at invocation time or if someone is needing some thinking about something. It can also be helpful if someone's brain is not working correctly at invocation time. When invoked, think will go ahead and look at all of the commands and keystrokes that a user has made during the current login session. Think will then look at what files the user has. From this and what level the user is listed at in the file /usr/lib/think, think will figure out what the user was trying to do when think was invoked. DEVICES
The process that think uses to help a user is greatly aided if the user is wearing a brain interface bus (bib) device. A bib device is normally worn on the head, and if being used, then think will try to see what was going through the users head at the time of invocation. After think does this, it will send electric signals to the users brain, causing the user to type in whatever keystrokes are necessary to accomplish the task that he/she doesn't want to think about. OPTIONS
-detach also known as "Must mother do all of your thinking for you?"-mode. This options causes think to run in the background as a daemon that watches for users who look like they may need assistance. When a user is found to be exercising cluelessness, think will lock up their keyboard and will proceed to execute what seems to be the most likely sequence of commands that the user had intended to execute. This flag may only be used by the super-user. FILES
/dev/brain bib device special file. /usr/lib/think file to indicate various user abilities. The format of this file is a username on each line followed by some whitspace and then a number. The higher the number for a given user, the more likely think is to assume that that user knows what he/she is doing. Unfortunately, what think considers a large number will vary with usage. BUGS
If a user is using a bib device and actually lacks a brain of their own, then there is a high risk that think will take over their (non- existent) minds. This has the upshot that someone other than the user will have to stop the program. (Perhaps this is a feature.) It may illegal in some areas to force users to wear bib devices. AUTHOR
This man page was written by John Guthrie <guthrie@math.upenn.edu> with suggestions from Kevin Whyte <kwhyte@math.upenn.edu> for the alt.sysadmin.recovery man page collection. think version 1.0 April 5, 1996 THINK(1)