Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: semopm how to change it?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers semopm how to change it? Post 302226566 by Junior Admin on Tuesday 19th of August 2008 08:57:09 AM
Old 08-19-2008
I am on RHEL 4 for pc. I am doing this for Oracle 10 g installation.

I've did about 5

echo "something" > /proc/.....

How can I make my changes applied? I restarted oracle installation and oracle universal installer but it sees old settingsSmilie

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Junior Admin; 08-19-2008 at 10:03 AM..

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Want to change my Name

Hello, Pls change my login name to Awadhesh instead of awadhesh if possible. it will be more better if it become Awadhesh Pandey. Thanks a lot. Awadhesh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Awadhesh
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

change wc -l

Hi, I would like realize a script that it can change " wc -l" with "wc -l | sed 's/ //g'", but my problem is that i can have a pipe ,a variable ( many variable different) or a file after wc -l ?how i could test this several case ? wc -l | cut -d' ' -f1` if wc -l ${F} | awk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: francis_tom
1 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

change

bh,lg.yu.,fgh,ry,.tyl,tyk,ty,ty,ty,. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankycool
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh; Change file permissions, update file, change permissions back?

Hi, I am creating a ksh script to search for a string of text inside files within a directory tree. Some of these file are going to be read/execute only. I know to use chmod to change the permissions of the file, but I want to preserve the original permissions after writing to the file. How can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the content of files but not change the date

I have 100 files in a directory , all the files have a word "error" and they are created in different date . Now I would like to change the word from "error" to "warning" , and keep the date of the files ( that means do not change the file creation date after change the word ) , can advise what can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the content of files but not change the date

I have 100 files in a directory , all the files have a word "error" and they are created in different date . Now I would like to change the word from "error" to "warning" , and keep the date of the files ( that means do not change the file creation date after change the word ) , can advise what can... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
7 Replies

7. SCO

How to change raid controller driver ? (hardware change)

Hello I'm trying to virtualize an instance of Sco Unix 5.0.5 in VirtualBox (called VM-A) , but sco I have problems set to launch with the new raid controller . The physical machine has a raid controller adaptec (alad driver) but VirtualBox uses buslogic (blc driver) What ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: flako
3 Replies
SYSCTL(8)						       System Administration							 SYSCTL(8)

NAME
sysctl - configure kernel parameters at runtime SYNOPSIS
sysctl [options] [variable[=value]] [...] sysctl -p [file or regexp] [...] DESCRIPTION
sysctl is used to modify kernel parameters at runtime. The parameters available are those listed under /proc/sys/. Procfs is required for sysctl support in Linux. You can use sysctl to both read and write sysctl data. PARAMETERS
variable The name of a key to read from. An example is kernel.ostype. The '/' separator is also accepted in place of a '.'. variable=value To set a key, use the form variable=value where variable is the key and value is the value to set it to. If the value contains quotes or characters which are parsed by the shell, you may need to enclose the value in double quotes. This requires the -w param- eter to use. -n, --values Use this option to disable printing of the key name when printing values. -e, --ignore Use this option to ignore errors about unknown keys. -N, --names Use this option to only print the names. It may be useful with shells that have programmable completion. -q, --quiet Use this option to not display the values set to stdout. -w, --write Use this option when you want to change a sysctl setting. -p[FILE], --load[=FILE] Load in sysctl settings from the file specified or /etc/sysctl.conf if none given. Specifying - as filename means reading data from standard input. Using this option will mean arguments to sysctl are files, which are read in order they are specified. The file argument can may be specified as reqular expression. -a, --all Display all values currently available. --deprecated Include deprecated parameters to --all values listing. -b, --binary Print value without new line. --system Load settings from all system configuration files. /run/sysctl.d/*.conf /etc/sysctl.d/*.conf /usr/local/lib/sysctl.d/*.conf /usr/lib/sysctl.d/*.conf /lib/sysctl.d/*.conf /etc/sysctl.conf -r, --pattern pattern Only apply settings that match pattern. The pattern uses extended regular expression syntax. -A Alias of -a -d Alias of -h -f Alias of -p -X Alias of -a -o Does nothing in favour of BSD compatibility. -x Does nothing in favour of BSD compatibility. -h, --help Display help text and exit. -V, --version Display version information and exit. EXAMPLES
/sbin/sysctl -a /sbin/sysctl -n kernel.hostname /sbin/sysctl -w kernel.domainname="example.com" /sbin/sysctl -p/etc/sysctl.conf /sbin/sysctl -a --pattern forward /sbin/sysctl -a --pattern forward$ /sbin/sysctl -a --pattern 'net.ipv4.conf.(eth|wlan)0.arp' /sbin/sysctl --system --pattern '^net.ipv6' DEPRECATED PARAMETERS
The base_reachable_time and retrans_time are deprecated. The sysctl command does not allow changing values of there parameters. Users who insist to use deprecated kernel interfaces should values to /proc file system by other means. For example: echo 256 > /proc/sys/net/ipv6/neigh/eth0/base_reachable_time FILES
/proc/sys /etc/sysctl.conf SEE ALSO
sysctl.conf(5) regex(7) AUTHOR
George Staikos <staikos@0wned.org> REPORTING BUGS
Please send bug reports to <procps@freelists.org> procps-ng Jan 2012 SYSCTL(8)