Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: semopm how to change it?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers semopm how to change it? Post 302226559 by Junior Admin on Tuesday 19th of August 2008 08:47:09 AM
Old 08-19-2008
semopm how to change it?

Hi guys. I tried :

echo 100 > /proc/sys/kernel/semopm

but got error no such a fileSmilie

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Want to change my Name

Hello, Pls change my login name to Awadhesh instead of awadhesh if possible. it will be more better if it become Awadhesh Pandey. Thanks a lot. Awadhesh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Awadhesh
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

change wc -l

Hi, I would like realize a script that it can change " wc -l" with "wc -l | sed 's/ //g'", but my problem is that i can have a pipe ,a variable ( many variable different) or a file after wc -l ?how i could test this several case ? wc -l | cut -d' ' -f1` if wc -l ${F} | awk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: francis_tom
1 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

change

bh,lg.yu.,fgh,ry,.tyl,tyk,ty,ty,ty,. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankycool
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh; Change file permissions, update file, change permissions back?

Hi, I am creating a ksh script to search for a string of text inside files within a directory tree. Some of these file are going to be read/execute only. I know to use chmod to change the permissions of the file, but I want to preserve the original permissions after writing to the file. How can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the content of files but not change the date

I have 100 files in a directory , all the files have a word "error" and they are created in different date . Now I would like to change the word from "error" to "warning" , and keep the date of the files ( that means do not change the file creation date after change the word ) , can advise what can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the content of files but not change the date

I have 100 files in a directory , all the files have a word "error" and they are created in different date . Now I would like to change the word from "error" to "warning" , and keep the date of the files ( that means do not change the file creation date after change the word ) , can advise what can... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
7 Replies

7. SCO

How to change raid controller driver ? (hardware change)

Hello I'm trying to virtualize an instance of Sco Unix 5.0.5 in VirtualBox (called VM-A) , but sco I have problems set to launch with the new raid controller . The physical machine has a raid controller adaptec (alad driver) but VirtualBox uses buslogic (blc driver) What ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: flako
3 Replies
SYSCTL(2)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							 SYSCTL(2)

NAME
sysctl - read/write system parameters SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> #include <linux/unistd.h> #include <linux/sysctl.h> _syscall1(int, _sysctl, struct __sysctl_args *, args); int _sysctl(struct __sysctl_args *args); DESCRIPTION
The _sysctl call reads and/or writes kernel parameters. For example, the hostname, or the maximum number of open files. The argument has the form struct __sysctl_args { int *name; /* integer vector describing variable */ int nlen; /* length of this vector */ void *oldval; /* 0 or address where to store old value */ size_t *oldlenp; /* available room for old value, overwritten by actual size of old value */ void *newval; /* 0 or address of new value */ size_t newlen; /* size of new value */ }; This call does a search in a tree structure, possibly resembling a directory tree under /proc/sys, and if the requested item is found calls some appropriate routine to read or modify the value. EXAMPLE
#include <linux/unistd.h> #include <linux/types.h> #include <linux/sysctl.h> _syscall1(int, _sysctl, struct __sysctl_args *, args); int sysctl(int *name, int nlen, void *oldval, size_t *oldlenp, void *newval, size_t newlen) { struct __sysctl_args args={name,nlen,oldval,oldlenp,newval,newlen}; return _sysctl(&args); } #define SIZE(x) sizeof(x)/sizeof(x[0]) #define OSNAMESZ 100 char osname[OSNAMESZ]; int osnamelth; int name[] = { CTL_KERN, KERN_OSTYPE }; main(){ osnamelth = SIZE(osname); if (sysctl(name, SIZE(name), osname, &osnamelth, 0, 0)) perror("sysctl"); else printf("This machine is running %*s ", osnamelth, osname); return 0; } RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, _sysctl returns 0. Otherwise, a value of -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
ENOTDIR name was not found. EPERM No search permission for one of the encountered `directories', or no read permission where oldval was nonzero, or no write permis- sion where newval was nonzero. EFAULT The invocation asked for the previous value by setting oldval non-NULL, but allowed zero room in oldlenp. CONFORMING TO
This call is Linux-specific, and should not be used in programs intended to be portable. A sysctl call has been present in Linux since version 1.3.57. It originated in 4.4BSD. Only Linux has the /proc/sys mirror, and the object naming schemes differ between Linux and BSD 4.4, but the declaration of the sysctl(2) function is the same in both. BUGS
The object names vary between kernel versions. THIS MAKES THIS SYSTEM CALL WORTHLESS FOR APPLICATIONS. Use the /proc/sys interface instead. Not all available objects are properly documented. It is not yet possible to change operating system by writing to /proc/sys/kernel/ostype. SEE ALSO
proc(5) Linux 1.3.85 1996-04-11 SYSCTL(2)