Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming UDP File Transfer Validation and Checksum Post 302226499 by iamcollins on Tuesday 19th of August 2008 06:18:20 AM
Old 08-19-2008
UDP File Transfer Validation and Checksum

Dear All

I have written a client server program for file transmission from one system to other using UDP.

Can i use the cksum number in the udp header to validate if the received packet is corrupted or not? If yes, how can i extract the header and validate it..

Also is there any way that i can call cksum in c program? Except popen("cksum","r")

Any inputs will be of great help

Thanks in advance
Collins

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

UDP Checksum problem

Hello sir,, i m doing network programming in C could u plzz let me know...at the time of udp checksum calculation does htons() or ntohs() play some role..?? i mean will there be any difference if some values are added in network form and other is in the host form... Thnx 4 ur time.. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nirucool89
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Checksum with file permissions and dates ?

find . \! -type p -exec cksum {} \; >> check.out Okay i was able to get the checksum of the files of the directory and sub directories..how do I get the list with the checksum and the file permissions and dates in the same file...now this is driving me crazy...can anyone help me with this ? ls... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: moe458
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get filesize and checksum of spooled file in a log file ...

Hi All, I have spooled some data in a file (a.dat, b.dat etc..) and after that I want to get the size and checksum of spooled file (a.dat, b.dat etc..) in a log file(file_info.log). By the way I dont want lost the previous output file info(Append data). View of log file that I want to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ce_emre21
5 Replies

4. IP Networking

Wireshark UDP checksum bad checksum

Hello I am communicating with two devices using my computer over UDP protocol. The application is running fine. When I monitored the UDP traffic using Wireshark software, I found that there were too many Checksum errors. Please find attached the png file showing this error. I am about to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AustinCann
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UDP Socket File Sharing

Hai, I am having one server/client both running in different host in UDP. How can i assure whether the data is recieved properly in client side. I am writing 250 KB in Server and client reading only 150 KB data. I am using select write in server and select read in client also.If i am putting one... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: andrew.paul
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needed script to FTP a File and generate a quality checksum file

hi all i want a script to FTP a file and should generate a quality checksum file means when I FTP a file from one server to another server it should generate a QC file which should contain timestamp,no.of records in that file Thanks in advance saikumar (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Checksum different For Same file Created By Two processes

I have one utility in VB which generates attached file(circle.14.mdn_range.properties_VB) & i have created other file(circle.14.mdn_range.properties_UTLFILE) having same contents with UTL_FILE(Oracle running on solaris). But checksum is different for both the files with same contents. Can you... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: siramitsharma
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to perform checksum of a file on remote server using Curl?

Hi, We have an AIX server and have CURL 7.40 installed in it. We are struggling to perform checksum on the file present on the remote server (AWS). We want to validate the checksum on the file pre and post download to make sure that there is no issue with the file. We are writing a shell... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanjay_13
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need UNIX script to check checksum and dummy file creation.

Hi Folks, I need a UNIX script which will copy files(Table wise) from source directory to destination directory (Under table directory) and also creates 2 additional files after getting copied to destination directory with extension .pdy and .ldy , . pdy file will be zero byte file should get... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nicks1412
4 Replies
cksum(n)						     Cyclic Redundancy Checks							  cksum(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
cksum - Calculate a cksum(1) compatible checksum SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require cksum ?1.1.3? ::crc::cksum ?-format format? ?-chunksize size? [ -channel chan | -filename file | string ] ::crc::CksumInit ::crc::CksumUpdate token data ::crc::CksumFinal token _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a Tcl implementation of the cksum(1) algorithm based upon information provided at in the GNU implementation of this program as part of the GNU Textutils 2.0 package. COMMANDS
::crc::cksum ?-format format? ?-chunksize size? [ -channel chan | -filename file | string ] The command takes string data or a channel or file name and returns a checksum value calculated using the cksum(1) algorithm. The result is formatted using the format(n) specifier provided or as an unsigned integer (%u) by default. OPTIONS
-channel name Return a checksum for the data read from a channel. The command will read data from the channel until the eof is true. If you need to be able to process events during this calculation see the PROGRAMMING INTERFACE section -filename name This is a convenience option that opens the specified file, sets the encoding to binary and then acts as if the -channel option had been used. The file is closed on completion. -format string Return the checksum using an alternative format template. PROGRAMMING INTERFACE
The cksum package implements the checksum using a context variable to which additional data can be added at any time. This is expecially useful in an event based environment such as a Tk application or a web server package. Data to be checksummed may be handled incrementally during a fileevent handler in discrete chunks. This can improve the interactive nature of a GUI application and can help to avoid excessive memory consumption. ::crc::CksumInit Begins a new cksum context. Returns a token ID that must be used for the remaining functions. An optional seed may be specified if required. ::crc::CksumUpdate token data Add data to the checksum identified by token. Calling CksumUpdate $token "abcd" is equivalent to calling CksumUpdate $token "ab" followed by CksumUpdate $token "cb". See EXAMPLES. ::crc::CksumFinal token Returns the checksum value and releases any resources held by this token. Once this command completes the token will be invalid. The result is a 32 bit integer value. EXAMPLES
% crc::cksum "Hello, World!" 2609532967 % crc::cksum -format 0x%X "Hello, World!" 0x9B8A5027 % crc::cksum -file cksum.tcl 1828321145 % set tok [crc::CksumInit] % crc::CksumUpdate $tok "Hello, " % crc::CksumUpdate $tok "World!" % crc::CksumFinal $tok 2609532967 AUTHORS
Pat Thoyts BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category crc of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. SEE ALSO
crc32(n), sum(n) KEYWORDS
checksum, cksum, crc, crc32, cyclic redundancy check, data integrity, security CATEGORY
Hashes, checksums, and encryption COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2002, Pat Thoyts crc 1.1.3 cksum(n)