Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Check if a file exists with certain prefix Post 302226496 by vidyadhar85 on Tuesday 19th of August 2008 06:13:23 AM
Old 08-19-2008
use find command.. go through man page..try to do it your self

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Check if file exists + ulp :S

Hi all! I know that this may not be the best forum to ask ulp and eagle related question. But the guys from eagle didn't know the answer and this is the BEST programming forum I know :D How can I check if a file exists while programming eagle's ulp's? There is not much information on-line.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruben.rodrigues
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check if file exists

guys, I am trying to write a script that does the following: it looks for a file in a specific directory and if the file is not there (NOT), it emails me. I have tried the following but its not working. It simply hangs up. Please help. if then mail -s 'blah blah blah' my email... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: basisvasis
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check to see if a file exists?

Hi. I'd like to have an IF-Then-Else statement where I can check to see if a file exists? We have the Bourne Shell by default. I'm looking for the syntax to do something like this: if myfile.txt exists then ...my code else ...my code end if Any help would be greatly... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: buechler66
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash: check if file exists(without using if)

basically im trying to make this work in a bash shell script without using if statements if then echo testfile exists! fi what it does is check if the file exists or not i have this line but its not working, it checks if the testfile exists if it doesnt it 2> to the dev null... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gangsta
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to check to see if a file exists?

I want to write a script to see if various files exist. What I want to do is have the script search in various directories if a file exist, and if not, then output something like "/path/file does not exist". I don't actually know of how to check and see if a file exists or not. What I have in mind... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: astropi
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

File exists, but cannot be opened.How to check- whether it could be opened to read when it exists

Hi #Testing for file existence if ; then echo 'SCHOOL data is available for processing' else echo 'SCHOOL DATA IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR PROCESSING' : i wrote a script, where it begins by checking if file exists or not. If it exists, it truncates the database... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rxg
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if file exists or not

Hi, I want to check if the file exists or not in the directory. i am trying below code but not working. File="/home/va59657/Account_20090213*.dat" echo "$File" if ]; then echo "file found" else echo "file not found" fi However i am getting file not found even if file exits as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check more than 1 file specified files exists?

Hi all, One of my script crated created 2 files in a dirs Output.log and Output.tmp. Now in another script i need to check if both of the above mentioned files are present in a directory or not. I know to check one file but need to check both the files. Anyone could please tell me how... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: girijajoshi
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check if file exists

Hi, I have the below code written. However I am not getting the desired output I am checking if the particular path has file in it. #!/bin/bash ls -l /IRS2/IRS2_ODI/INFILE/*LS* 1>/dev/null 2>/dev/null if then echo $? echo "File Exists" fi ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shanmugapriya D
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Check if file exists

I need to check whether a file exists and has been changed. The file should contain a specific string. The file should also have been changed within the last ten seconds. How do I do that? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
3 Replies
USE(1)								   User Commands							    USE(1)

NAME
use - Frontend to the Usepackage Environment Manager SYNOPSIS
csh and derivatives: source /usr/share/usepackage/use.csh bourne shell and derivatives: source /usr/share/usepackage/use.bsh korn shell: . /usr/share/usepackage/use.ksh use [-vs] [-f file] package ... use -l DESCRIPTION
Usepackage is an environment management program. It is based on the principle of packages - collections of executables that share a common set of necessary environment variables, such as PATH, MANPATH or LD_LIBRARY_PATH. For each given package, use sources the appropriate environment information into the current shell. The environment information is speci- fied in a configuration file, see usepackage(1). OPTIONS -v Output verbose information to the standard error stream. -s Silence warnings for un-matched packages. This is useful in a shell rc script when a package is known not to be available on all architectures that the shell is used on. -f file Specify an alternate initial configuration file. -l List available packages and groups. FILES
/usr/share/usepackage/usepackage.conf The default configuration file. /usr/share/usepackage/use.csh Shell setup for csh and derivatives. /usr/share/usepackage/use.bsh Shell setup for bourne shell and derivatives. /usr/share/usepackage/use.ksh Shell setup for ksh. /usr/bin/usepackage The underlying Usepackage executable. ENVIRONMENT
Other than the reading and re-definition of environment variables for package setup, use also uses the following environment variables for user configuration: PACKAGES_PATH Colon-separated path list giving the directories to search for configuration files. Shell-style tilde (~) user-directory escapes are expanded. HOME If present in the environment, this is used to provide the expansion for the tilde (~) user-directory. SHELL If present in the environment, the last path component of this is used for shell matching (see SYNTAX) and detecting the style of environment output that should be used, see usepackage(1). COPYRIGHT
Usepackage Environment Manager Copyright (C) 1995-2005 Jonathan Hogg This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA SEE ALSO
usepackage(1), csh(1), sh(1), ksh(1) Usepackage $Date: 2005/12/11 16:42:09 $ USE(1)