Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting reading from 2 files through while loop Post 302226439 by windows on Tuesday 19th of August 2008 04:12:11 AM
Old 08-19-2008
Question reading from 2 files through while loop

hi
i have two files

cat input.txt
123456| 43256
456482|5893242

cat data.txt
xv 123456 abcd dsk
sd 123456 afsfn dd
df 43256 asdf ff
ss 456482 aa
sf 5893242 ff ff
aa 5893242 aa aa

i need to read inputs from input.txt and find data for data.txt.
then i need to print them as a table as belw
(if we took 1st line from input)

123456 | 43256 |xv 123456 abcd dsk | df 43256 asdf ff
| |sd 123456 afsfn dd | ss 456482 aa

but i couldnt do it. Pleas help
i have the below script

Quote:
while IFS='|' && read a b
do
c=`egrep ''$a|$b'' data.txt |sort`
awk '{print $a "|" $b "|" $c}'`
done < input.txt

Last edited by windows; 08-19-2008 at 05:26 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem in reading inside a while loop

I am not able to read inside a while though i get the message "inside read" the cursor doesnt prompt from the console cat file | while read ln_new_engine_dirs do echo "inside $ln_new_engine_dirs" if then read nn echo "inside read" fi done Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssuresh1999
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading from while loop into an array

Hi I have something like cat $HOME/all_dirs | while read ln_old_dirs do if then echo "$ln_all_old_dirs" fi done As you know that the variable ln_all_old_dirs is not accessable from outside the... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

reading more than one variable into a for loop

Hi, I have a file (details.txt) with 3 rows of variables ie... name postcode age john D fr25dd 25 mark W ab122aa 22 phil C cd343bb 33 What I want to do is read down the list with a loop and add each field into a one line piece of text... So I have a file (test1) which reads;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: starsky
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

while loop not reading last line

hi all, i have a while loop which i am using to read lines into an array: k=0 exec 10<file while read LINE <&10; do ARRAY=$LINE ((k++)) done exec 10>&- echo ${ARRAY} for some reason when i display the array it is not showing the last row in the file. any help appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop reading a record

Hi, I am trying to create a while loop that will do the following: INFILE= list of new records that need to be added after last previous record while read record do find the last record processed create list of new records output to a file echo "$record">> $NEWFILE done ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: shortyball24
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading inside a loop

Hi I am trying read in side a do statement but it is not working it is just printing abc before read but not stopping in abc for user input Can anybody please help #!/usr/bin/ksh cat sample_file | while read ln_source3 do param=`echo $ln_source3 | nawk... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

7. AIX

How to pause a while loop while reading from a file

Hi, I am building a script to grep for a string in all the files from a folder and display the results. I am reading the files one by one by placing the names in other file using while loop my code is as below while read inp do chk=`grep -c "$str" $pth/$inp` ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sekhar gajjala
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

for loop - reverse reading

All, Here is my for loop export CFGLIST="LIST1 LIST2 LIST3" for i in $CFGLIST do echo print $i done The output will be LIST1 LIST2 LIST3 But i want it display LIST3 LIST2 LIST1 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: baluchen
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop not reading all files if ssh fails

The below while loop is in ksh on a SunOs server: SPARC-Enterprise 5.10 The ksh version is: Version M-11/16/88i The intention of the below while loop is to read through a list of file names in files.txt and delete each file from a server, one at a time. The delete works, the problem is that if... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: LES2013
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading line in while loop

Hello Team, i have to read line by line in a while loop, and the input file has:. # The script will start cppunit test application to run unit tests. -LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$CPPUNIT_HOME/lib:\ +LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$VOBTAG/SS_UnitTest/lib:\ $VOBTAG/SS_BFD/BFDSCLI/build:\ ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandana hs
7 Replies
Barcode::UPCE(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  Barcode::UPCE(3)

NAME
GD::Barcode::UPCE - Create UPC-E barcode image with GD SYNOPSIS
ex. CGI use GD::Barcode::UPCE; binmode(STDOUT); print "Content-Type: image/png "; print GD::Barcode::UPCE->new('123456')->plot->png; with Error Check my $oGdBar = GD::Barcode::UPCE->new('123456789'); die $GD::Barcode::UPCE::errStr unless($oGdBar); #Invalid Length DESCRIPTION
GD::Barcode::UPCE is a subclass of GD::Barcode and allows you to create UPC-E barcode image with GD. This module based on "Generate Barcode Ver 1.02 By Shisei Hanai 97/08/22". new $oGdBar = GD::Barcode::UPCE->new($sTxt); Constructor. Creates a GD::Barcode::UPCE object for $sTxt. $sTxt has 6 or 7 or 8 numeric characters([0-9]). If $sTxt has 6 characters, this module adds '0' at the front of $sTxt. and calculates CD for you. If $sTxt has 7 characters, this module calaculates CD for you. plot() $oGd = $oGdBar->plot([Height => $iHeight, NoText => 0 | 1]); creates GD object with barcode image for the $sTxt specified at new method. $iHeight is height of the image. If NoText is 1, the image has no text image of $sTxt. ex. my $oGdB = GD::Barcode::UPCE->new('123456'); my $oGD = $oGdB->plot(NoText=>1, Height => 20); # $sGD is a GD image with Height=>20 pixels, with no text. barcode() $sPtn = $oGdBar->barcode(); returns a barcode pattern in string with '1', 'G' and '0'. '1' means black, 'G' also means black but little bit long, '0' means white. ex. my $oGdB = GD::Barcode::UPCE->new('123456'); my $sPtn = $oGdB->barcode(); # $sPtn = ''; $errStr $GD::Barcode::UPCE::errStr has error message. $text $oGdBar->{$text} has barcode text based on $sTxt specified in new method. AUTHOR
Kawai Takanori GCD00051@nifty.ne.jp COPYRIGHT
The GD::Barocde::UPCE module is Copyright (c) 2000 Kawai Takanori. Japan. All rights reserved. You may distribute under the terms of either the GNU General Public License or the Artistic License, as specified in the Perl README file. SEE ALSO
GD::Barcode perl v5.16.3 2003-05-29 Barcode::UPCE(3)